Pod Tea and Sore Throat

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Verisimilitude, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Verisimilitude

Verisimilitude Member

So, this is a very simple health question:

I've recently been drinking a fair amount of poppy pod tea, and have noticed that I keep waking up (consistently over the last four days) with a sore throat.

Is there something in the pods that is left over (in that sediment that gets through the filter into my glass that I drink down anyway) that could be causing this irritation?

If anyone knows or has experienced something similar, let me know!

Thanks,

-V

2. Pillsvery dopeboy

Pillsvery dopeboy Member

Hey V I reccomend you stop being such a faggot... you're sitting in the back seat...

3. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Haha, I don't think there was a need for that... But ye....

4. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

one time I snorted oxy pills a couple days in a row, and I got a sore throat. I think it has to do with the abrasive nature of pill/sediment on the throat, as well as the weakened immune system associated with opiates.

5. Verisimilitude

Verisimilitude Member

NorCal,

I was thinking about that, and I think the sore throat probably has more to do with my shitty immune system than the actual Pod Tea. With snorting I ALWAYS get a sore throat cause of the drip.

thanks for the input

-V

6. framesh1ft

framesh1ft Member

are you using lemon juice with it? too much of that will cause a sore throat.

7. oOflyeyesOo

oOflyeyesOo Member

Yeah, same question as the guy above and anything else you are putting in to help the taste?

8. Verisimilitude

Verisimilitude Member

aha, thanks guys, I am putting lemon juice in it to help with the extraction...
    that may well be the problem.

Just made a gigantic batch using 45 medium pods, but next time I'll leave out the lemon juice and see if that helps.

I appreciate the help guys

-V

9. oOflyeyesOo

oOflyeyesOo Member

Probably the case, I never got a sour throat.

I didnt think there was anything that helped the taste at all.

10. Verisimilitude

Verisimilitude Member

The lemon juice does help a little bit, but I actually don't mind the taste of pod tea... I put about 5 spoonfuls of sugar in every 1/2 liter, and that helps, but the bittery plant like taste just reminds me of normal tea, something which I enjoy.

if you every want to improve the taste of your pod tea, try putting a couple bags of herbal tea (I reccomend Good Earth Sweet & Spicy) in the batch for the last 4-5 minutes before you strain it. It makes the taste a whole lot better!

-V