Garageband

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by infinito, Apr 21, 2008.

1. infinito

infinito Member

How do you guys feel about Garageband. For those of you who don't know, it's a program that comes with Apple computers that makes music demoing really easy.

Personally, I think it's a godsend. I don't think I would ever have been able to get into music without it because the loops and stuff helped me experiment and understand how to create real songs without doing too much work. Now I'm actually a pretty damn good songwriter (and don't use the loops anymore) and I'm learning the guitar again.

Oh yeah, if you want to post links to anything you've made in garageband, that would be really cool too.

2. Echo Catharsis

Echo Catharsis Members

I like the fact that it's also available as an app for the iPhone and iPad. The only drawback is I can't figure out how to save what I've done in a lossless format and there's no app I know of for a Windows PC that can touch up or add things to GarageBand files.

3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Actually the newest Garageband is compared to Logic Studios. Garageband at it's current state is better than most $500 softwares

They added Tempo Changes, Key Changes, Transposition

There's nothing you can't do on Garageband, it's automatic drummer kind of sucks, but that's not what a recording software is about

4. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I don't think it would be the best for electronic music. But for me I think it works quite nice because I just use it to record my instrument and then my voice and then my voice again and any other instruments if I so please. And it's it's pretty good for that sort of deal. But I know I will need to actually buy a nicer one and a nicer mic. I hope that made sense!

5. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I'm to old school. These types of programs cheapen musicianship. Seams we don't need any actual musicians anymore.