need some help

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by FallenFairy, Apr 13, 2008.

1. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

ok few questions.

one I have a migraine and i dont know what to do i cant take excedrin since i am nursing my son. i cant sleep cuz it hurts to close my eyes and it hurts to lay down. what can i do?

plus i have a blocked milk duct in my breast and the milk that is coming out is yellow. i dont know if i should continue nursing or if i should wait and get the infection taken care of first. I woke up due to my migraine and i was so coldmy teeth were chattering and even when i put on warm clothes and an extra blanket i was still shivering, any thoughts or suggestions would be so appreciated thank you

FF

2. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

yes, you should continue nursing. for the migraine you could try plunging your hands into water as hot as you can stand it. increasing circulation to your extremeties (hands and feet) can sometimes relieve the pressure in your head.

3. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Call your OB/GYN about your migraines. If you have one you need to shut off the computer and find a nice dark and quiet place to try and relax.

For the blocked milk duct, have you tried a warm washcloth/compress? Just place it on your breast in the area of the blocked duct (slightly swollen and sore are usually the giveaway) several times a day. Hot showers also help. Don't stop breastfeeding unless your doctor tells you to.

For more info about blocked ducts and nursing: http://www.babycenter.com/0_clogged-milk-ducts_8494.bc

How old is your baby?

4. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

there is NO quiet dark place in this house with how the house's floor plan. but i finally said screw it took some excedrin and passed out for a few hours. I think the infection went away cuz my breast isnt swollen doesnt hurt and no knottiness anymore.