#1 Socratez

Socratez

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted April 13 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hey people,

I'm really sorry to post this here.. but I've been struggling with this dilemma for months now (and am getting no where). I have a tattoo I would like to cover up (and add some more tribal/details) to. Now, the problem is - I know what markings I would like to add (basically, I would like to add the new markings around my shoulder (almost in a circular fashion), and possibly have an OM sign in the middle. However - my dilemma starts here... I have this old tattoo that need to blend in with my new desired markings.... I don't just want it to look like an old tattoo (with some new tribal markings by it)... I want some "consistency". Anyhow, the other dilemma is - I absolutely have ZERO artistic flair... and I am asking for help.

Here are the two photos (one of my current tattoo), and one of the markings I would like (I want them to form a circle around my shoulder)... but need the current one to blend.

Is there anyone on here that can help me out with some art? I need an artist bad, and unfortunately, everyone I know is about as good at drawing as me Posted Image

If anyone can help out a fellow hippie... I would be so grateful...

Peace

Socrates

This is my current tat on my arm:

Posted Image

These are the markings I would like to use - and somehow blend my old one into (basically - a cover up would be what would work best).

Posted Image

Thanks everyone
Do you believe your thoughts become your next reality...

#2 The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon

• 1,217 posts

Posted April 24 2008 - 03:47 PM

I can't see the pictures...

#3 ahimsa

ahimsa

• 1,634 posts

Posted April 24 2008 - 03:53 PM

Can't really help without pictures, but, if you find a tattooist that you want to do the work, they're usually very happy to work with your ideas. You pay them to be artistic.

Also, as far as wanting the old tattoo to blend, do you mean you want it to be covered up or do you want it to look like the new and old were done at the same time? If you want it covered up, your options are decided by the old tattoo, color, what you want over it. If you want it to blend, you can have the tattooist touch up the old tattoo. This will make it look fresh again.

#4 nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger

craaaaaazy

• Members
  • 5,247 posts

Posted April 24 2008 - 04:50 PM

if you can make the pictures actually show on here, maybe some ideas can be shared. :)
Posted Image

"let your soul gravitate to the love..."

let's hug it out, bitch

#5 Socratez

Socratez

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted April 25 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys... and thank you so much in advance... I really felt bad asking (but like I said... I only wish I had some artistic flair... I'm a musician, not a painter ;)

Anyhow, I think I fixed the photos.. (I hope).

Thanks again everyone,

Peace
Soc

#6 Sunburst

Sunburst

Fairy

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted April 25 2008 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, a tattoo artist should be able to come up with some good ideas! Remember you can have them draw it out as many times as you'd like, until you get the right design looking how you want it. I'd definitely say check it with the artist- he does this for a living! ;)

Posted Image
~*You cannot dance like drunken pixies on the beach
there are land mines berried all over the place...*~

#7 Socratez

Socratez

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted April 25 2008 - 08:38 PM

man, I really wish some of you guys lived closer to me ;) it would make life easy...

anyhow, I'll keep at it.... and I'll let ya guys know if I find something I like...

Thanks all!