xanax and valium dosage

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by kilo/camilus, Mar 30, 2008.

1. kilo/camilus

kilo/camilus Member

how does valium dosage compare to xanax? like how many mgs of valium would be comparably equivilant to 2mg of xanax? I usually take 2-4 mg of xanax to feel good, how many mgs of valium would be required?

I know that valium comes in 5 and 10 mgs, i hope my homegirl has 10mg instead of 5. Im trying some tommorow so I'll let you know what I get.

also, what happens if i mix xanax with valium?

thanks peeps

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

its one for one.

3. kilo/camilus

kilo/camilus Member

do you mean one 2mg xanax bar is equal to a 10mg valium tablet? or 5mg valium tablet?

and whats up with mixing some xanies and some valiums?

and the argument over which is better pisses me off! im gonna do a fuckin poll one of these days. some say xanax is better and more intense and valium sucks ass. others say valium is more euphoric and lasts longer and xanax has too short of a half life.

4. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Well 1mg Clonazepam is equal to 20mg of Diazepam (Valium) so like I dunno.

5. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

.5 mg (1/2 mg) of xanax equals 10 mg of valium. One blue valium equals one peach xanax.
    Please be careful and don't play around with benzos...it is a hard addiction to kick

6. kilo/camilus

kilo/camilus Member

thats it!?!?! a blue valium is only equal to a peach xanie?? omfg why would i even waste my time?? let alone money.

thanks for the addiction tips too, though I was already aware. I saw a youtube video where they interviewed some doctor and he said a benzo addiction is harder to kick than a crack addiction. thats pretty fuckin bad.

thats why i limit myself to only using bars on the weekends, and i never take more than 4mgs, though im thinking of trying 6mg next weekend. i got over 200 mg of xanax, and yet knowing the risks of addiction helps me control myself. I have friends that if they had 20mg of xanax they would probably pop all 20 withing 30 minutes.. thats sad..

7. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

Your all wrong..recreationally (try it yourself) clonzepam(klonopin) and alprazolam(xanax) are equal in stength and diazepam(valium) is 10 times weaker than the above two. meaning 2mg klonopin=a 2mg zani bar which = 20mg's of valium

8. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

KILO, take 20-40 mg's of diazepam(valium) to feel like you do from 2-4 mg's of alprazolam(xanax)...be carefull it last longer than the xanax and i dont recomend driving on anything above 10mg of diazepam..so take that into consideration before dosing

9. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

Benzodiazepine Equivalence Chart

BENZODIAZEPINE
    COMPARATIVE DOSE
    TIME TO PEAK PLASMA LEVEL
    HALF-LIFE

Alprazolam .5
    1 - 2
    9 - 20

Bromazepam 3.0
    .5 - 4
    8 - 30

Chlordiazepoxide 25
    1 - 4
    24 - 100

Clonazepam .25
    1 - 4
    10 - 60

Clorazepate 10
    variable
    1.3 - 120 * (unreliable absorption)

Diazepam 5
    1 - 2
    30 - 200 *

Estazolam 1
    .5 - .6
    8 - 24

Flurazepam 15
    .5 - 1
    40 - 250 *

Halazepam 40
    1 - 3
    30 - 96 *

Ketazolam 7.5
    30 - 200

Lorazepam 1
    2 - 4
    8 - 24

Nitrazepam 2.5
    .5 - 7
    15 - 48

Oxazepam 15
    2 - 3
    3 - 25

Prazepam 10
    2.5 - 6
    30 - 100

Quazepam 7.5
    39 - 120 *

Temazepam 10
    3 - 25

Triazolam .25
    1 - 2
    1.5 - 5

from erowid....also the clonazepam part is wrong right here..think about it xanax comes in .25,.5,1, and 2mg dosages and klonopin comes in .25,.5,1, and 2mg dosages as well........also anybody here who has taken 2 mg or generic clonazepam will back me up and tell everyone here that it is equivalant and not twice as strong as a 2mg xanax bar

10. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

I don't think Clonazepam is equal to alprazolam. It's at least a little stronger.

11. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Valium has a nicer come down and is less addictive because of it's longer half-life. It also has a msucle relaxing quality similar to flexeril and has the typical sedation effects of other benzos.
    I am kicking a benzo habit. I was only on 1-2 peach xanax a day that were perscribed...but still it is soooo hard. I quit smoking and it wasn't nearly as hard as this. I switched over to valium and am titrating myself off because my doctor is pretty determined to keep me medicated.
    We want to have kids soon so I need to get off of them.

12. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I've gotta eat 100+mg of diazepam to get the desired effects; whereas, with xanax, I only need 4-6mg, but it rarely stops there;)

13. kilo/camilus

kilo/camilus Member

if thats the case, nevermind trying to get some valium. if valium is only half as strong and the same price as xanies, its not worth it. Im about to pop 4-6mg of xanies right now =)

14. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

generic clonazepam is equivalant to all forms of alprazolam it just lasts twice as long...i know the generic is supposed to be the same as the brand but anyone who has ever done the k-cut klonopins will tell you otherwise....

15. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

erhmmmm no...scientifically .5 mg of xanax is equal to 10mg of valium...so your 2.mg of xanax would be equal to 40mg of valium

Sorry dude...

16. kilo/camilus

kilo/camilus Member

thats fuckin pathetic. fuck valium if thats the case.

17. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Yeah...but after you are done having fun with xanax and develop an addictive habit Valium really helps to get you off of benzos. Xanax really isn't a good drug to mess around with.

18. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

^^^True. Fuckin around with xanax will get you in trouble. Whether that trouble be addiction or some legal trouble because of some stupid shit you did while you were on the xanax. And trust me, xanax WILL get you into legal trouble, in my experience, anyway. I've done some stupid shit and gotten arrested a few times because of xanax......not to mention losing jobs and crashing cars and getting into fights and so on.

19. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

im not sure how the conversions are like rated on the eqialncies chart...maybe by the half lives...idk but i deff know in terms of sedation and how fucked up a recreational user gets, 1mg of alprazolam is equal to 10mg's of diazepam...check erowid and look at the benzo eqivlancie tables.....and have you ever taken 40mg of diazepam, i know to me...i get A LOT more fucked up off of 40mg of diazepam than i do off of 1 zan bar...

20. elover

elover ritz with cheese

lol at xanax. It's such a goofy drug