2012 among other things

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Spiritawakening, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Spiritawakening

Spiritawakening Member

what is the world heading for? does anyone else feel something is changing in a very dramatic way? i can sense something within, and as scary as it may be all of this is also very exciting. we have been asleep too long. i dont necessarily believe in all the 2012 stuff but do think something is changing.
    what does everyone else think?

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a great economic depression, international in scope. among other things. though i wouldn't hold any of them to being able to say they started on any specific particular date. its the things we take for granted that can never chainge that many of them will.

the polar ice caps will start dissappearing entirely every summer. possibly as soon as then, as long as we keep dumping as much carbon as we do into the air and oceans.

and no one will be able to afford to drive a car in a very few years. or at most decades. governments will fall. not to be replaced on their existing excessive scale.

new forms will be introduced, and old ones, greatly modified, many in ways not yet imagened, reintroduced.

people are already tired of the brutality of the status quo, but mostly haven't figgured out what to answer it with, other then more brutality, or some other extreme.

it won't be myraculously better or worse. but it will be chainge. think of it as the collective puberty of the human species.

there may be diseases, famines, other sorts of shortages, and wars. but that won't be what it will be about. and beliefs as such aren't either. the negative things won't be the main things.

all the things that people are letting stand in the way of what could be a much more comfortable and enjoyable world will go away. not quietly. but we WILL outgrow them.

money will cease to be the standard of wealth. though its use might not be entirely abondond everywhere.

most of the things that will happen, that are happining, are gradual proccessess.

2012 is just an arbitrary number. but things ARE chainging.

=^^=
    .../\...

3. Spiritawakening

Spiritawakening Member

yeah, i agree 2012 is just a number. a well known number which is very capable of producing fear in humans. fear sells, and people know that.
    As for which of these "tragic events" are actually going to unfold, time will tell.

4. rabbitholes

rabbitholes Member

Go with the flow man.

Whatever happens is gonna happens.

Enjoy the trip while it lasts.

Will the world end in 2012?

I don't know, but as jim said 'im gonna get my kicks before this shit goes up in flames'

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the thing is, a lot of the things we have that we don't like, either individually or a lot or even most people, you know the ones of THOSE people say never can or will happen, THOSE CAN happen too, and some of them actually will. you know things like war, that people say, oh that's human nature and it can't ever chainge. well you know, that isn't really true that there's anything all that intrinsic to our nature that perpetuates them. people who get something out of convincing people of that, who think they do, are going to wake up, over time, but wake up none the less and finally begin to realize the're NOT getting what they expect to out of it. not any gratifying sense. only in the familar symbolic one. which is just going to keep getting more and more obviously less gratifying. even to those who today appear to be getting the most out of them.

some as a reasault of some of the things people who don't think about it so much and just assume the're going to be a bad thing. and some of those, to those of us who do think about a little, will, and more of them might, turn out to be very good things too.

like the one about people not being able to afford to drive cars for example. to someone who'se never known or imagined a truly adaquite public transportation infrastructure, with people from all levels of society actually using it, not just the poor, or those who have had their licenses removed judicially for one reason or another, and not just nuts like me, who see the environment not as a polite parlour game but the very foundation of human, possible all, surivival.

i mean all the "bad" things that might, and some of them, at least a few in some way or degree, will, happen, many, most of them even, are really very good things in disguise that people have just been talked into seeing as bad because some vested intrest somewhere is stabbing a fat hog in the ass out of keeping people conned into what they are.

i mean dramatic chainges, yes, those are always uncomfortable, but what fallows them isn't always worse. and some things do REALLY NEED to chainge, and some of those chainges WILL actually make a lot of things MUCH MUCH BETTER.

but again, good or bad, most of these things are not overnight chainges that you wake up the next morning and everything is all better or worse. some, most, are even so gradual you can't really pin a particular date on them, but there are many things that really are going to chainge. just as things are always chainging.

but it is, one way of looking at it, the next few decades are a cuspy time. a relatively short period of time during which the most profound chainges in human history take place.

its just that you won't be able to point at one particular DAY, or year even, and say that's when it ALL chainges.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. That Hippy Kid

That Hippy Kid Member

Nah, it's a good change. A new Golden Age. Check out 2012: Return of the Quatzlcoatl by Dan Pinchbeck.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think you've got the right idea. personally i think things tend to go whatever way the most people focus on. i mean focusing on the negative proved itself self fulfilling in the 80s and the 2000s, and focusing on the positive in the late 60s gave us most, if not all, of what was good in the 70s.

i don't mean if we all thing good thoughts nothing bad CAN happen. i just think, and its consistent with what i've seen, the more we focus on the best of what can be instead of the worst, that the better instead of the worser is what is more likely to more often happen.

i mean yes we were all headed for the remarkably positive in 2000 itself, but then the corporate media started beating the drums for war and people got taken in by it and focusing on the worst that could happen and so, i think, as much as anything else, because of so many having gotten taken in by that, manipulated by whatever was actually pulled off by whoever was actually behind it in 2001, and i bloody damd well have my suspicians it didn't start in the middle east either, but anyway, i mean anything enough people want it bad enough, we could have so much of a both calmer and more gratifying of a world, just as easily as we could keep destroying it the way we have been.

i think there really is a positive spirit at the grass roots level, and it really doesn't matter what you call it or what you credit it with, quatzikotl, baha'u'llah, little furry green things from alpha centauri, it doesn't matter what name people give it, but a positive psychic mass energy is there building just below the surface.

when the corporate economy colapses, or not, whatever it is on that side that happens or doesn't, people actually caring about each other as people everywhere, is going at some point to create a world we can only begin to
    imagine the potential of.

=^^=
    .../\...

8. Its255AM

Its255AM Member

Honestly, I have done a huge amount of research on the Mayan people and their civilization and their calender and I honestly believe that something drastic will happen on that day. Everything they have predicted has come to be true in the past... Plus, NASA is expecting some other planetary phenomena that day.

9. Spiritawakening

Spiritawakening Member

yeah alot of evidence and ideas seem to be pointing that way. then again i read something about 2012 just being the beginning of a new age, not necessarily "the end" or anything darastic.
    But dont you sometimes feel that there is more than what we see and do each day? I mean we watch crazy things in the movies all the time which "can't happen". but then you never know, do you?

10. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

the 2012 winter solstice marks the astrological event of the milky way aligning perpendicular (is that the right term for this +) with the southern cross. an event that happens roughly every 26,000 years, only this time humanity will be able to expireince it. interpret that how you will. thats what 2012 is, and anything else you hear is just others interpretations of what that means. its a huge astrological event, i find it impossible to believe that nothing will happen. but i dont know what and really i dont care.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I sense something big is coming as well, but I’m not certain what it is.

I know throughout time and ages prophets, clairvoyants, and mystics, have predicted the apocalyptic end of the world but I somehow sense this is different :H

Something out there is coming but it’s neither christ nor doomsday. all I know is it will produce a radical shift across all cultural terrain, the likes mankind has never witnessed before [​IMG]

Hotwater

12. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

13. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

im hoping it will be the end of time. i dont know about you but im sure tired of being trapped in the "white mans" idea of space-time. lol.

even if nothing happens ill still continue hunting time, this destroyer... time... must die. i wanna be like the chink from tom robbins with the clockworks. lol.

14. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

. . .. uhm. no.

It wont' happen. Why? It's snowing in Iran. or was it iraq.. I can't remember, well anyway it was of course. So? SO IT DOESNT DO THAT. It's not going to happen!!!

We're in the middle of what is called, a "Pole Shift" in other words, it won't be north to south it will be south to north, and in that time, itll screw up all this magnetic shit, and the comet will not hit the earth it will go arouunnnd it. Another thing you'll notice, is the "Sheet" the sheet is the thing that falls down so people can communicate with the other side. This would be because of a pole shift. Is the end of the world coming right away? You'll know when thousands of people just dissapear of the face of the earth, that will happen first.

But in the meantime, chillax we're not going to explode. It's like Sylvia Browne, and her aliens. I'm not exactly sure if I believe that or not, but I take time to listen to everything. According to her aliens will come in 2010 to teach us to use antigravity devices. If that was to happen we would be able to defeat the giant ball in the sky. What if that doesn't mean anything at all? What if it just means that's around the time that the "aliens" come back.

This brings me to my point about Atlantis, everyone knows about atlantis so I won't go into it, but basically they had the crystal skulls which were used to communicate with the fourth dimension (i have one here but it just puts me to sleep that's all I use him for) but anyway, they think THEY could be the aliens. Not little green crazy men... geeze.

So what if they're what are coming back? after all, atlantis is supposed to be expected to be back from under water in .. sometime in the next hundred years, I can't remember that either I'll just say that.

Don't just deny everything that the world says, but embrace it. The world is an amazing strange place. Henry the VIII slept with a gigantic axe.
    The world travels through space at 66,700 miles per hour.
    And a DOG inhereited 12 MILLION dollars. The grandchildren recieved 10 million.
    yep. life is strange.

Accept all possibilities, and be prepared for consequences.

15. Bl4ck3n3D

Bl4ck3n3D Member

Atlantis = Lemuria

The 2 get mixed up quite alot, but they are one and the same. There are 350 million Lemurian souls on earth right now. Basically every single one to live on this planet, they are the ones who are bringing this earth to it's next stage of evolution.

Think it's all a coincidence Tibet will be free in the coming years? Tibet = the remenants of the Lemurians.

16. FinnishButterfly

So you know what I'm talking about then? I'd like to hear a lot more about this I've never heard of it before.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

actually lemuria, there was a trillogy of books, inspired by what appear to be megalithic ruins on some pacific islands, that there might have been some great ancient civilization there, and indeed, there is much evindence for much coming and going between archaic pacific island nations, though perhapse not anti-gravity and ufo's.

like wise atlantis, began, i mean the legends about, with some traveller's tales relayed by possibly plato. at any rate, quite likely inspiered by minoen crete.

the only real connection between the two in the sense of any sort of real historical evidence is their being set in a similar romantic fantasy sort of time fraime.

in their way and in there day, both the pacific island civilization and the mediterainian/cretian one, WERE exceptionally, remarkably, unusually tecnologically advanced, but by the standards of their own day, NOT, all the larger then life romantic mumbo jumbo that grows in the telling.

and MANY ancient societies indeed had and invented things that our eurocentric (now americentric) dominant culture seldom, if ever, acknowledges them credit for. things like epoxy and vulcanized ruber, wet suits and navigational aids, even actually effective surgery, but NOT micro-engineering or high energy physics.

=^^=
    .../\...

18. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Why does the future have to be such a big deal? 2012 is amongst some of the most obsessive themes here. The Mayan people predicted the end of the world was due for 12/12/12.

It is likely that we will get to this date, but yet there will be no impending doom. The Earth will always remain. It is simply that Humanity was born only to bare witness to its own extinction. Humans are like a book. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. But in the middle part, we should live to the full and try and sow the seeds so that after we are gone, a part of us lives on, in our offspring.

19. FinnishButterfly

It's not going to happen. Besides, why don't people just ASK them? Come on they still fucking exist. Are they going to say it's not true and fuck up everything for the authors, scientist, and bookstores? Come on..

20. FinnishButterfly

4285 August 6: Venus occults Regulus
    4296 November 22: Venus occults Antares
    4557 November 10: Venus occults Regulus
    4747 August 14: Venus occults Regulus
    4772 October 13: The Maya Calendar Ends
    In the 44th century, around the year 4380, Comet Hale-Bopp is expected to return to the inner solar system. It last dominated the skies of Earth in 1996–1997.
    In the 49th century, The Great Comet of 1811 is expected to return to the inner solar system. According to calculations made at the time, the comet should return around the year 4876.

Oh look. 4772. Oh Jeeze isn't that fucking weird.