Cocaine Overdose - (Lethal Limit?)

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by WithoutGivingUp, Mar 15, 2008.

1. WithoutGivingUp

WithoutGivingUp Member

Anybody know how much it takes to kill you, sniffed?

I am worried as hell, I did maybe a gram and a half in 2-3 hrs, and my heart is going fast as hell and I am getting chest pains...

Will I be alright? anybody know what it takes to kill you?

Please someone help quick, I dont know if I should get medical help or what.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hesh

Hesh Member

it depends on u (the person), the dose, and the purity of it, u should research what u do before hand. was it shitty, 1g/half in under 3 hours? the effects of it, hit u within a minute, ur getting negative effects or just trippin hard. coke is a stimulant so its going to act on ur CNS. increasing heart rate, blood pressure, body temp... im sure u'd know or should know that if u have any kind of heart problems, high bp, u shouldn't be takin it. it can cause seizures, stroke, and heart attack.

people get hooked on it (psychologically addicting) cuz the high isn't long, ranging from 15-30min, so when the peak is gone, u snort more eh. this pattern of repeated use can turn into an addiction quick. you'll probably feel a bad hangover/craving when u dont have anymore to snort. its gonna eat ur nose with prolonged usage, like it'll eat a hole in the septum (the soft structure separating the nostils) and this doesnt happen with just coke, basically any substance u snort, u get that like burning feeling in ur nose...

3. PharmaPhunk

PharmaPhunk Banned

You have to be one rich fucker to overdose on coke

4. Bl4ck3n3D

Bl4ck3n3D Member

Yeah, you have to do quite alot to overdose.

Doing a half ball in 2-3 hours is nothing;

5. IDL

IDL Banned

If you feel like your heart might explode, id recommend alcohol(chug a wine cooler, beer, liquor...you get my point) which will help depress your cns a bit and will make you feel less high on coke. You can also use depressants, such as benzos, opiates,etc., to help you out as well. Try not to use an aid everytime on coke, since it can cause you a pretty fucked up addiction. Stay safe.

6. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

The odds are you are not going to die even if you to od you are just going to have horrible Convulsions. LOL- For real a person can die from coke and OD from just one line of coke ? But a large amount or people who are only taking a low amount of coke the odds are you are not going to od on it unless you have a predetermining heart condition or Cardiovascular condition or another medical problem that the coke will effect. Most OD's from coke are from smoking it "Crack" or from using it IV "shooting it up". But please don't think people you can not od and die form sniffing coke becasue you can there are a alot of ways that coke can kill a person also more then Herion actually, Heart attack,Stroke, Blood clot to the brain,Convulsions,Over heating the brain,and a hell of alot more just go and look it up. With Herion all you really have to worry about is fluid in your lungs but with coke there is a whole list of things that can kill you and all sorts of ways that one can die, But 75% of the time its a heat attack or a stroke. The one and only Coke OD I ever saw was from a frind of mine sniffing it when I was younger 17 I think. granted me were up for about 3 days and 2 nights doing tons of coke but it was form sniffing it. And that how most od's from coke do happen just like that.But the odds are if you are only doing a lttle coke with frinds one night out you are not going to OD and you are not going to die. you have a better chance of getting hit buy lightning during a storm, The danger really comes when you do tons of coke in a short amount of time or if you go on a coke run and stay up for days doing it.and the odds really go up more if you are shooting it or smoking it when going on that coke run or doing alot in a short amount of time. But the qusestions remains the same a healthy person can die from just one line of coke sure it can happen and does but its very very rare. The odds are it won't happen to you so don't worry, Be more worried about crossing the road when you go outside. Just be smart don't go out and sniff a 8 ball to your head in 2 hours or go on a 10 day crack run with no sleep, or shoot up a half a gram in one shoot. Those are the ways 99% of people die from coke.

7. elover

elover ritz with cheese

Thats quite a bit of coke in 2-3 hours man....damn! haha

8. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

Thats what I mean man for real, if you are going to blow lines like Tony Montana then you should be worried about oding then or havging something bad happen. when you are nice and high on coke its worthless to keep doing more.You won't get any higher,all it does is make you super paranoid and fiend out like a crack head and not to mention puts you in danger of having a OD or something medical happen to you, or something else bad. There is nothing good that comes from sniffing coke like that, Doing coke will never be safe but If you want to do coke relatively safe I would say do a line like every 20 minutees to half hour or so.Some people I party with can go a hour or more in between lines and not want another one. Not me I usally do one every half hour or so.Right off the bat I do a few lines usally I just do one big ass one but after that I take it easy with the shit and make it last me. I see so many people pay good money for there coke and do the shit like no tommrow and keep calling there dealer all night and wasteing there money, not to mention they are not enjoing there high at all.Hey I was also that way when I was younger I use to sniff up coke like a mad man. Do as much as I could in the shortest amount of time.Until I leanred all that does is waste your coke not to mention you have a terrable time doing it and horrible horrible high.Like I said when you do lines like that all its going to do is make you have a terrable time on it where you feel so coked up you are eather wacked out,paranoid or scared to death and the high is just horrible.And another thing don't go on crazy long coke runs thats another way of invitng something bad to happen like a OD. Even 24 hour coke runs are bad, Do it for a night thats it, and make this rule number#1 ounce the coke is gone its fucking gone don't go and call the dealer back up, ounce you start that shit foget about it you won't stop calling him. Thats how you get addicted to the shit also.Do your coke right and pace yourself and you really won't have any thing to worry about. Sniff the shit up like a nut case and do huge scareface type lines and stay up for days at a time doing it well then you just might just have something to worry about.

9. baltimore

baltimore Member

Do not do that. That's stupid as shit, especially if you just did over a gram of cocaine. I wouldn't worry about dying or anything, I'd be more concerned with the comedown and after effects. My advice is to lay down, take some benzos (I usually take some Xanax or Klonopin) if you have them, and wait it out. The negative effects will probably suck since you did a lot more than average (or atleast what I consider to be average) for that time period.

10. Sword_fish1986

Sword_fish1986 Guest

cocaethylene, which is produced when cocaine is taken with alcohol increase the risk of overdose so it makes u feel more relaxed but studies show it may be more toxic. I have posted research links

Cocaethylene appears to, in most users, produce more euphoria and possess a longer duration of action than cocaine. Some studies suggest that it may have a higher cardiovascular toxicity than cocaine. Cocaethylene is more potent than cocaine at binding to the dopamine transporter, however it is less potent at binding to the serotonin transporter and norepinephrine transporter.[3][4].(wiki) If u have too much n feel too wired hospitals provide diazepam sometimes IV or orally depending how bad symptoms are. 5-15 mg is usual orally. Hope this helps n apologies for the spelling typing this on my phone!

porkstock41 and Orison like this.
  11. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

The feeling you have might just be anxiety. I remember the first time when I tried coke. I did 6 medium sized lines over a few hours.

Later that night, I was kinda worried if I overdosed or something.. because when I kept trying to sleep, it felt like my heart was racing and I was getting worried that something might happen. So i ended up going online and looking up a whole bunch of info haha.

But basically it was just anxiety or effects from the comedown. Though, the next day I still felt like I had a little anxiety. But eventually it all went away..

1 person likes this.
  12. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

yea, cocaine is MUCH nicer when alcohol is in the picture.

but typical overdose effects consist of you passing out, then waking up in heaven...then having a horrible comedown.

13. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

I feel old now. The 80's was the shitz. Good coke and lots of it. I had a couple freinds (twins brothers ) that owned a airport when we were in early 20's. Alot of ppl overdosed sniffing. It depends on the coke and person. And probally different everyday on the person part of that. i only know 3 that died from sniffin though. You usually go into convalsions before u sniff enough to die. usually thats when the real azz holes would rob ya blind.
    Injecting is totally diff. Lost many freinds that way. Ya only need a small amount to have a good time. "High Times' mag used to say ya could do coke in moderation. They had articals all the time makin it look kool. waste of money in my eyes these days. the shitz sucks now. Just my 2 cents.;)

14. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I wonder if he died :confused:

15. nitrogen

nitrogen Guest

my friend used to use cocaine, and he told me that if you're doing it and u start to feel dizzy, u should immediately stop and not take anymore

he said, this is because when you are getting close to an overdose you first get dizzy, then comes the weak legs (your legs can't hold u anymore and they give in) then u fall on the floor etc.

so if u do cocaine - WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND DRUGS ARE BAD - STOP if u get dizzy and remember NO ONE is invincible

16. JulieXP

JulieXP Guest

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I was wondering is it safe to sniff 1/2 gram every day? Or would that do great damage?

17. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Nah you can do cocaine every day and be totally fine.

Christ, "Hey guys can I do a really addictive drug every day and be fine?"

1 person likes this.
  18. JulieXP

JulieXP Guest

but it's only half a gram :(

What would be a safe amount to take and how long of a break should I take?

Ok, let me change my question to this:

i normally but just a gram once in a blue, but this time i got an 8ball for the holidays.

is it safe to take a 1/2 gram a day every other day until the 8ball is gone? then take a break till next year?

19. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

In that case yes it's fine as long as 3 days later you don't think to yourself "Well I can buy more coke, I mean new years is coming up"

20. JulieXP

JulieXP Guest

for a girl 5'4 100 lbs
    how much might be too much in a single day?