emo people....what do you think?

Discussion in 'People' started by talkochoww, Mar 13, 2008.

1. talkochoww

talkochoww Member

What do you think about the emo people (men and women). I know they are not really popular among society, but they're not hurting anybody, right?
    I'm not an emo, and I'm not an emo-fan but I think they can do as they please. As long as they don't mess with me.

What's that all about? A few days ago, a lot of people reunited to beat some emo guys that used to hang around a public square.It's said that more than a 1000 teenagers got there just to expel the emo, four of them were beated up. This has been cualified for many as reprochable, but still many people just said that it's a kid's problem.

I believe that violence against others is never the anwser and it's not justified by any media. If you dont't like the way someone think, just say it, write it on your blog or do anything else, except beat that person. What do you think?

2. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

of course it isn't the answer.

I personally think those emo retards have been ridiculed enough.

3. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Why someone would want unnaturally black hair and nails, and that stupid fringe is beyond me.

But it's their bodies, they can do what they want with them really. I saw some emo guy on the bus a couple of days ago, and his forearms were literally covered in little cuts. From the wrist to the elbow, each one was less than a millimetre from the next one, it was insane. I couldnt help but laugh on the inside because he was everything about the emo stereotype, but at the same time it's his life, and if he enjoys cutting himself then who am I to judge him?

4. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

Yeah I basically just want to understand it. I'm a person who doesn't like much attention at all, so to see someone draw that much attention to themselves on purpose is mistifying to me. Obviously they're wanting to put out an image; they genuinely want to be seen. Maybe they are starved for some basic need and they sublimate it by getting attention the sure-fire way, hence the uproarious appearances.

5. snail

snail Member

I know some 'emo' people, and I'm sure they have some deep seeded problems. Others follow the 'emo' stereotype because I guess that's where they feel they fit in. Like preps and hipsters etc, right?
    A couple of years ago where I live, following the emo stereotype was very very popular. Shit i'm not gonna lie I even conformed a little bit, I did hang out with a lot of these people. Now when I think about it I rarely see people dress like that anymore. I think it's just a fad.

6. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

Everyones is a Clown, These ppl chose to be Emo Clowns. Leave em alone if they arnt bothering you.....

7. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

i allways thought emos' were goth want-bees. i don't give a shit; just let them do their thing and leave them alone. just as long as they don't fuck anyone elase.

8. talkochoww

talkochoww Member

I do think that most of the emos are just pretending and do not follow the ideology (if there's one). If they want to kill themselves and cut all over them, so be it. One of the thing that disgust me the most is that many people, (at least here) say the don't like the emos because they look gay!. Yes that's what they said to justitfy in part all that violence.

9. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Yeah but what I hate is when people distinguish depression with "emoxcore". It's rather bothersome...

10. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

wtf does that mean, that they (emo's) look "gay!" what does "gay" look like? i've heard people say hippies look "gay." if you want to go by that standard, then all of us here at hip forums must look "gay." i'm sure there are people who think i "look gay." BIG FUCKING DEAL! beating the living shit out of someone just because of their "style." is mega stupid! if i were gay, i would be so mega pissed off that people use the word "gay" like that! i hear alot of that shit, such as: "that's so gay." i never use the word "gay" that way, and i allways call people down when i hear them say that.

11. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

They are so e-m-otional!

Let's say... depression is a fad. That's where it's at. It's a teen fashion to be depressed , just like it's "fun" to break into schools and shoot people, because it's exciting to them. It's drama. Drama is a fad, emo is a fad, anger is a fad, depression is a fad.

How many people are stuck on that stupid show Degrassi? Why? Cause 13 year olds are bulleamic, gay, or confused, or having sex, or slitting their wrists, or commiting suicide, or doin a whole bunch of stupid fucking shit, or getting drunk.

This is the media.
    This is fashion.
    This, unfortunately, is our future.
    These, are our future presidents of the United States.
    We
    Are
    So
    Fucked.

12. lakeoffire

lakeoffire Live.Laugh.Fuck.

...except themselves, in most cases anyway.
    i dont have a problem with emo kids, to each their own but i have know quite a few who live the lifestyle and fall into such a depression and end up hurting themselves through cutting drinking excessive drugs and just turning into an i dont care attitude.

13. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

I wish my lawn was emo....so then it would cut itself....

Sorry, probably sensitive but I love that joke, seriously.

14. lakeoffire

lakeoffire Live.Laugh.Fuck.

me too im not gonna lie

15. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Wooo! We rock!

Yeah I'm done, I'm in a weird mood lmao Dane Cook does that to me.

16. talkochoww

talkochoww Member

I know! People can be so stupid and closed minded.

[​IMG] jejeje that was funny (bad me, bad me!!).

17. myself

myself just me

Why just can't people who don't like a certain group of people just ignore them?

18. TGRR

TGRR Member

If everyone thought like you, the world would be a nicer place.

Bull. Speaking in a professional capacity, that is what we call a "mob action", and is very serious felony. As it should be. Nobody should have to be worried about being attacked by a howling mob.

The only satisfactory reason for violence against a human is to stop violence that human is exerting against another.

Obviously, the jackasses in this situation do not qualify.

19. D_MAN

D_MAN Member

Emo is just a fad. It vaguely describes a style of music, but its actually very insulting(there are tons of bands, millions, that aren't considered "emo," but who's to say they lack emotion?)

I get pissed when people call me hippie, and I'd probably feel the same way about being called emo. Its just a word used to sell a style. There are no "emo" people. Everyone has emotions, everyone cries, and a lot of people inflict harm upon themselves.

Just let them be in their scene, its cool. But realize in 1998, they listened to Death Cab when you listened to Backstreet Boys. (classic "emo" burn lol)

20. Sitka

Sitka viajera

I find it annoying when people define themselves by a subculture rather than a personality.