21 Years in a 1973 Dodge Van

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by TwoDogs, Mar 9, 2008.

1. TwoDogs

TwoDogs This space for rent. Lifetime Supporter

Take a short ride with me. You have to have Quicktime to view this and depending on the speed of your connection, it may take a while to load. You might want to right click and select "Save as" to download to your computer and watch at your convenience.

Ride with J.C.

2. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Ptarmagin Pass. It's in Eagle County Colorado.

3. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

enjoyed my ride JC thanks... I'm a avid photographer and am lucky enough to own a Nikon D80. Not sure it takes any better pics than yours assuming same conditions.

4. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

Here you go JC, my backyard when I used to live aboard my boat

[​IMG]

5. TwoDogs

Wow! VERY nice backyard.

6. Mountain_Mama

Mountain_Mama Member

That was a fun ride, JC...that's some skill, right there! Love hearing granny gear :D
    Thanks for shaing! ~Robin

7. SixtiesChild

SixtiesChild Member

Thanks for the info twodogs. There's a group as you probably know called vandwellers. They have many groups on the net. I have a van...I wouldn't have a vehicle that I couldn't sleep in... and I sure don't want to own anything that I can't fit in that van.

8. TwoDogs

Thanks Mountain_Mama, glad you could tag along. Hope the lack of a seatbelt, or passenger seat for that matter, didn't make you nervous.

9. TwoDogs

Hey SixtiesChild. Yes, I received an invite to join Vandwellers but I'm not much of a group person. To tell you the truth, I'm sorta surprised that I've stuck with this thread as long as I have. I guess it's because of all the nice people that I've met on this site.
    What??? No bigscreen TV???

10. SixtiesChild

SixtiesChild Member

Nope, no big screen. I watch some fifties sixties and seventies programs on my laptop. Not a tv watcher. Camping fulltime and lovin it.

Thanks for the smiles.

11. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hey Bro,

Awesome ride! I am not sure my van would make that ride. I guess I will have to stick to the lower ground, and wait for your next video!

12. Logan 5

Nice ride!

13. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Hey thanks for the ride, looks a little hairy there twards the top:D Hey are you doing the swap meet next Sunday, I will be in Prescott sometime Sat. night and was going to check it out. If not I will try to call you Sun.

14. Mountain_Mama

Mountain_Mama Member

Oh heck no, takes a lot to rattle this old lady. I didn't even mind when you used me for bumper weight.

15. SixtiesChild

SixtiesChild Member

Twodogs, and for those who know... where is the source for water in the desert? I'd thought about having an extended stay in NM but wondering if water is secured out that way.

Kind Regards, Deborah

16. Logan 5

Deborah, that is location specific. What may be a good source in one location may not be in a similar location 5 miles away. Two huge factors is geological and biological.

17. SixtiesChild

SixtiesChild Member

Thank you Logan. I'll assume there are wells. I'm from an eastern state and was wondering. :0)

18. TwoDogs

I'm a news junkie so I watch a lot of TV. I try to catch the 4 PM news on one channel, switch to another to watch from 4:30 to 5:30. Then I watch The Nightly Business Report on PBS. Usually I then walk the day's last mile with the dogs. I start in again at 9 PM through 10:30 for the local evening news and then watch Nightline 'til 11:05 PM.
    No...you'd have to stick to the higher ground. That road you saw in the "Ride With J.C." was going back toward civilization. It's the only way I can get out of my favorite hang-out spot.
    Thanks dude. It's a bit more tricky right after a good rain.
    Yeah, it's pretty dicey there at the top. If you lose momentum and start spinning tires all you can do is roll back down to where it's not so steep and give it another try.
    Okay, I misread this the first time. I thought that you said you'd be out at the swapmeet today (Saturday) and I've called you twice today. I could go out there again tomorrow.
    And a mighty fine bumper weight you were! Didn't lose traction the slightest bit.
    I used to get water from a spring for many years but the spring dried up in this drought we've been having. I get my water from town and carry a lot of it so I don't have to go as often. I carry anywhere from 23 to 31 gallons depending on my plans. I could get it from the river if I wanted to boil everything.

19. desert girl

desert girl Member

Hey TwoDogs:

How are you able to watch all of the news programs where you are? I didn't think you'd be able to get any reception?

Thanks!

20. Fedora

Fedora Member

Hi Two Dogs,
    Your stories are awesome. I haven't read the whole post but what I did read sounded like quite an adventure. I am more into hiking and camping but the idea of living in and out of a van sounds like fun. You get to get out and see the world which in itsself is amazing. You pictures are cool also the moon ones especially.