21 Years in a 1973 Dodge Van

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by TwoDogs, Mar 9, 2008.

1. TwoDogs

TwoDogs This space for rent. Lifetime Supporter

I'm at the shop where I weld on occasion. I'm sanding, priming and getting ready to repaint the van tomorrow. Figured I make use of the 3 day weekend.

2. ssfls

ssfls Member

Awesome! Well, if you repaint the van, I won't be able to spot you at Williams or the Valley area. Are you going to post a pic when you get it all beautified?

3. TwoDogs

Yeah...I'll post a pic. It's going to be just a bit more of a "browner" green than it is now. I tried to get free paint from Ace, telling the clerk that their "8 Year House Paint" only lasted 4 years. The clerk said that the warrantee was only valid for people that didn't drive their houses through stands of juniper and mesquite trees.

4. ssfls

ssfls Member

Wow, has she been reading your forum post? Did the can say that the house had to be stationary? hehe Just wondering, do you roller it on? I am thinking it would be to thick for a spray gun.

I also sent you an email message through the Hip Forums message option. I guess it went through.

5. TwoDogs

Brush and roller.

Well, it's 7:14 A.M. and if I'm going to get 2 coats done and then put the shop back in order for the guys when they show up in the morning, I guess I better get started.

6. TwoDogs

Here's the new paint job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TwoDogs

8. bandett

bandett Member

Nice Paint job , what a difference a little new paint can make
    And I can really appreciate that new crane you mounted on the bow.

I assume that is where your going to hang your new " nugget puller 5000 " am I correct ?
    Saw one a while back at the millionaire's prospectors show in Las Vegas.

It was A huge 11 foot diameter combination coil and gold magnet, that weighed almost 1300 pounds .

They demonstrated it by driving around the old Liberace ranch , where it found old Gold rings weighing more than 3 and 4 ounces that were lost and buried at least 6 inches deep.

As they drove over the surface with the " Nugget Puller 5000" hanging just over the surface of the sand on the front of the vehicle . It just sucked out the gold from the sand like a piece of iron to a magnet.
    T`was a Most amazing thing to watch as the gold just burst through the sand and on to the Gold Magnet..

Hey anyway , that is my guess as to what you are up to.

Because they were using a rig just like yours, a newly hand painted 70`s model full size van with a few modifications.

Probably time to stop telling everyone where you camp/park with all the pounds of gold nuggets that you are going to be pulling out of the sand with your new paint job.

So take care and know that I shed a little tear over Two Spots passing ,wish I could have tossed a stick into the oasis for him to retrive.

see ya in the Desert some day.

I`m the one in the HumVee ;)

But Just for now,

As soon as i can paint a vehicle that i can mount a " nugget puller 5000" on ,the HumVee is history.

Also , i have a question.

Is 2 dogs your Indian name ? jejeje

9. TwoDogs

Hey bandett...good sense of humor...dry like the Arizona heat. It's funny how a little paint can make something look completely different, isn't it? The unit pictured in my post above belongs to the local boys in blue. The boom on the front is their "Oh...so you don't want to answer your door?" solution. I do, however, suffer from "tire envy" after being around this vehicle. That and I'd sure like the 50 cal. mount for my van roof too. I'd bet that other people in the boonies would give me a wide berth and would ensure my uninterrupted peace and quiet.

Thanks for the thoughts and words about old "Tube Sock,"
    I still miss the old boy.

Twodogs isn't my Indian name. (I'll bet you're referring to the old joke.) My Indian name is Broken Leafspring.

I guess I should really post pics of the actual new paint job.

10. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

That's one bad looking ride. I would upgrade the seats though :)

11. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

:rofl: You kill me. As always, love your posts. Always looking forward to your next update.

12. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Wow what kind of paint was that again, I could use that on my Escape and turn it into a Hummer:D

13. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hey brother JC,

I can probably do some sanding down here in Phoenix, then bring my van up for the awesome paint jobs that you do! Bro, you are so much better than the show "Pimp My Ride!" I do agree about the seat upgrade. Perhaps an air ride system would fit the bill just right!

What does it have for a kick @ss stereo?

Take care,

Bernie

14. TwoDogs

Yeah...it needs a waterbed too.

15. TwoDogs

Awwwww...you're always so sweet FITD.

16. TwoDogs

It's called BS paint. It's available everywhere now-a-days.

17. TwoDogs

Hey dude...did you win a munch o' bunny in Vegas, or just gain a bunch o' weight at all those buffets?

18. TwoDogs

Here's the REAL paint job and a few pics of my kids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. TwoDogs

20. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hey Brother JC,

Thanks for the new pics of the ride, and your family! I will make sure I bring the pups a treat when we meet up. I sure miss my babies as well. Hum, can I post a pic on here? I need to figure out how to start my own thread. I was reading about the site the other night, but I could not figure it out.

As far as Vegas, I normally just gain weight with all that wonderful food! I only gamble when I drive the rig out on the road. Gotta watch the crazies!

Thanks for the updated pics!

Bernie