How to unclog my bowl?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by honeypie, Mar 8, 2008.

1. honeypie

honeypie Member

I was hoping to use it tonight, but it seems that no air can pass by? ._. How should I clean it?

It was pretty much given to me and I dont think they knew how/ever tried to clean it...

2. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Clean it. For a quick fix, run it under some hot water and maybe pull a pipe cleaner through. It'll help, trust me.

3. WolfinWolfsClothing

WolfinWolfsClothing Member

Easiest, and quickest, way is to run it under hot water for a while. My water gets quite hot, so I use tongs to hold it. After about 5 minutes most of the resin comes out.

4. honeypie

honeypie Member

Thanks
    I used the hot water and the pipe cleaner... worked perfectly

5. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Awesome! :D
    Welcome to the forums honeypie.

6. nesta

nesta Banned

thats too bad you could have saved that resin and smoked it some day when you have no money or just cant find weed

7. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I scrape all I can out then let it sit in alcohol for a day and swab it with q-tips, makes it look like new.( cant use pipe cleaners cuz my metal pipe is oddly shaped) But yea for glass pipes hot water is the bomb.

8. De stoned fryball

De stoned fryball Member

I have two glass pieces that are so clogged when u hold the carb there is absolutely no airflow.

I stopped smoking resin as i keep a steady supply of weed nowadays. So what would be the best way?

Ive heard of boiling water, but you think running it under hot water is good enough to work? I dont have any pipe cleaners, and dont think i have alcohol atm either.

9. nesta

nesta Banned

water is shit if you want to get a piece looking brand new. resin is not very water soluble, and while it may help wash some of that stuff off, it wont get it 100% clean.

i've boiled pipes for hours and hours before, and they still came out splotchy....mostly clean, but with stubborn resin that just wont come out.

the best way, if you dont care about collecting resin, is to simply soak it overnight in a cheap gladware container or something full of rubbing alcohol. use 90+ percent isopropyl alcohol, the stronger the better.

by morning you can take it out and it should be almost impeccably clean. if you are REALLY serious you can give it a secondary soak with fresh alcohol.

so long as you use a clean mixture of alcohol and water, once cleaned you can simply run the pipe under warm water for a while until there is no more alcohol smell. this will not take long.

you should still let the pipe dry completely before using.

10. honeypie

honeypie Member

Thank you :)

11. honeypie

honeypie Member

I scraped out the most I could before hand B)

12. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

If its glass you can soak it in purple power or simple green and it removes everything just make sure to rinse it well.
    But do not use this stuff on alluminum it ruins the finish

13. PurpleSAC

PurpleSAC Member

So I have a question. If there is still water in the pipe and some nasty resin in there that is kinda soaked up and won't dry, what should I do? I packed a bowl and smoked it. Is that good for you or bad? i'm a newbie with glass pipes and so yeah. info would be nice.

14. honeypie

honeypie Member

I don't think its BAD for you, its just water/wet resin. It'll dry eventually, mine did :)

15. scrupulousTocker

scrupulousTocker Guest

YO YO..So tocked YYYOO. Aite, get those tailor pins(Vhttp://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/57283730.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=8A33AE939F2E01FF700B710524D00DCEE6B4D60655557A7E1501A5F3756FD9A5), always pick the longest one, than bend pointy end to make it a J-shape. Than just put it clogged hole and jiggle it until is slides in, afterwards, use a scoop motion to clean and unclog. After three tries always light up(just use lighters flame to see if unclogged) to see if its unclogged. It has been working for me, i have never needed to wash my bowl. That resin really helps when I m dry..

I hope it helps.

16. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i use rubbing alcohol to clean with too. if its an inherited pipe, i advocate cleaning "mystery resin" out thoroughly at first. always best to build your own resin, at least you know where its been.
    and the mucky resin puddle purpleSAC should dry eventually. people smoke through water, and old bongwater is just a bigger murky puddle really. doesnt taste very good though.