promethazine recreational dose

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by floydfreak03, Feb 27, 2008.

1. floydfreak03

floydfreak03 Member

I found some brand name phenergan (promethazine) today, and I was wondering what a good recreational dose is. I know that it is sctructurally related to the antipsychotics, but has a mechanism of action similar to diphenhydramine. So i am assuming that the high is a delirious one. Suggestions for a dose to chill out, smoke a bowl, and go to bed?

thanks,
    floydfreak03

2. floydfreak03

floydfreak03 Member

I took 150 mgs and am still not feeling anything except sleepy. Its effects are nothing like diphenhydramine at recreational doses (I am not in a state of delirium). The sedation that it produces is similar to that seen with typical anti psychotics (like chlorpromazine), rather than diphenhydramine and other OTC antihistamines/ sleep aids.

3. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

4. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

When I hear that word all I think about is 'purple drank' because one of my friends listens to rap a lot and talks about all the crazy terms they use. Together with codeine it's supposed to be a nice experience. Not sure about it on it's own however.

What's the sedation like? Less dysphoric than diphenhydramine I presume?

5. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

Real Brainwashing is when Dumdass niggers make up shit in music,, to make stupid white kids get fucked up ..... So niggers can rob your doppy ass's..... in fucking schools...

And they said the 60's made ppl do drugs though... music....

6. Geneity

Yeah rap isn't a good influence at all. The kid I'm talking about actually wants to try the promethazine/codeine combo because of hearing it in rap. Meh. But he's a smart kid otherwise.

7. floydfreak03

floydfreak03 Member

i would say that the sedation is harder to fight than the sedation produced by diphenhydramine. From my expierence, diphenhydramine's dysphoria comes from the anxiety that it induces. Promethazine has a more relaxed sleepy feeling.

8. Geneity

I thought I was like the only one who got dysphoria and anxiety and crazy stuff from diphenhydramine. Well that's good to hear. At least it doesn't suck. =P

9. sheerwackiness

sheerwackiness Member

Hey Eno, I understand that you try to play the eccentric troll role, but can you try to not use such racist language? Clearly, this is a forum that values freedom of speach, and I love that about it, but the contexts in which the word '******' should be used are really pretty limited these days.

I realize that you may have grown up in a different time and in a very rural community where hunting, incest, and banjo picking are much more important than cultural sensitivity, and you know, I can respect that part of American or any other country's culture (well, maybe not the incest part). I love bluegrass, and whiskey, Jack Kerouac and whatnot but dude, you really need to shut the fuck up sometimes and this is one of your posts that proves that you can really be a racist, ignorant, disappointment to your fellow posters on this board.

10. sheerwackiness

sheerwackiness Member

I agree, though I never had any anxiety from diphenhydramine.

11. danknugz81

danknugz81 Member

dont hold back.. tell us how you REALLY feel lol.

codeine syrup + sprite = drank. not my thing, but have at it.

12. whispered_chaos

whispered_chaos Member

Wow no, I've noticed I get that too, and I thought it was just me as well. For some reason I always freak out about my arms and legs; I keep thinking they're going to like, stop getting circulation or something...I wonder why it does that?
    And I wonder why I still do it o_O