Drug test for hydrocodone

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by LINDACONNER45, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LINDACONNER45

LINDACONNER45 Visitor

Two questions:
    FIRST:
    Does HYDROCODONE show up in the standard pre-employment urine test? I think not, but would like someone who knows for sure to confirm this.

SECOND:
    If somebody WANTS to test for hydrocodone, can that be done? Can it be done with a urine test or does it need a blood test?

I need for sure answers, please.

2. MDA

MDA Member

Haha I dont think you know much about drug tests and/or drugs. Hydrocodone is an OPIATE and most certainly WILL come out in a drug test. Any drug test to be specific. You will fail for OPIUM/OPIATES on the test. Its basically just like failing for heroin, because when you have heroin in your system (also an opiate) you would fail for the same thing... OPIUM/OPIATES.

So you're gonna want that out of your system, it only takes 3-4 days though...

3. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

No. Standard opiate drug tests look for morphine and codeine. Hydrocodone breaks down into Hydromorphone.

Yes. Urine or blood, but it's not on standard test and must be specifically tested for.

4. MDA

MDA Member

What?

HYDROCODONE WILL DEFINITELY SHOW IN A DRUG TEST

I know this for a FACT first hand

It's very unlikely you're going to get a test that doesnt look for hydrocodone

5. Geneity

You have no idea what you're talking about so please be quiet.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/hydrocodone/hydrocodone_testing.shtml

"Hydrocodone may not cause a positive result in a standard opiate urine test. Many opiate tests test only for morphine (which both codeine and heroin break down into). This is true for both home/business kits and laboratory testing. Hydrocodone does not break down into morphine, and is therefore not detected by these tests."

Thanks, bye.

6. MDA

MDA Member

Dude, whatever. Ive failed drug tests because I did hydrocodone, so I dont really care what you THINK you know.

"Standard opiate drug test"

Well, ive never taken an OPIATE drug test, but NORMAL drug tests are a different story. I really dont care how smart you THINK you are, you dont know for 100% that he wont fail his test so dont say that. I got a UT and failed for opiates. Only thing I did was vicodin. I know from first hand experiences but whatever bro

Oh yeah and a point of advice... the whole trying to put yourself above others on the internet thing is pretty beat, take your "Thank you, bye" and "please be quite" and SHOVE IT kid. PEACE.

Bascially, what it comes down to is weather or not your urine is tested in a lab. It most likely will be. Then you WILL fail, like I did a while ago. If you're lucky and get a real basic out dated test then you might pass like the kid above me said. You're piss will most likely be sent to a lab though.

7. Geneity

A little less attack would be nice. Simply stating that it's not a huge possibility that he'll fail because he's taken hydrocodone.

I suppose the safest bet would be to refrain from using it before the test.

8. Oldgypsy

Oldgypsy Member

I think Geneity is correct. I know for a fact, hydrocodone is a DIFFERENT FORMULA than the breakdown from plain old codeine. What I do NOT remember is whether hydrocodone also showed up in the plain old pre-employment test, I do not think it did, because I only got a phone call about codeine. However as MDA says it would be better safe than sorry. One thing I can say for sure is that tramadol will NOT show up in standard pre-employment urine test.

OK, now for a new question - How about oxycodone? Same thing, do they test for it "standardly" and if not, is there a test that CAN be done for it?

Thanks guys

9. polymer

polymer Senior Member

what sort of urine test are we talking? TLC, or GC-MS? if it's the latter, it could show
    up (if it's assayed for it). hydrocodone metabolyzes to hydromorphone/oxycodone to oxymorphone via CYP2D6.

and tramadol won't show up because it's not an opiate at all (not a morphinan). it's an atypical opioid (piperidine derivative)

10. Oldgypsy

Oldgypsy Member

I wish I could tell you "what sort of test", Polymer (TLC or GC-MS or whatever) - I am reasonably sure that a pre-employment urine test is going to be some fairly cheap standard test but I have never seen their results, so I do not know WHAT they test for. I was hoping there was somebody on this site who does because he or she has been in the business of testing or some such. I would hazard a guess there are at most 3 sorts of "standard" tests used, and they test for A, B, C, X, Y whatever and that is it. I used to maintain a system at a life insurance company (a computer system, I am a mainframe programmer) that analyzed results of blood tests and urine tests given to proposed insureds. They were looking for other health indicators and other drugs such as diuretics, especially with the blood tests, but with urine too. They did NOT do a drug screen unless the policy was for X dollars, or for some other criteria, but when they DID do a drug screen, they had a category for heroin/morphine and some other category for codeine (and I never COULD figure out how they could differentiate because I have always heard it ALL turns into something like morphine) but I do NOT recall any separate category for these synthetics like hydrocodone or oxycodone. And I don't know whether you'd fail the drug screen for taking one of those.

If MDA says he failed a drug test because of using hydro, one has to believe it - I am just wondering if somebody knows exactly what usually gets tested for on these pre-employment tests. And, suppose the tester wanted to find out IF a person was taking a specific drug such as hydrocodone or oxycodone - could they test for it? (By answers given above, it appears they could)

I know tramadol is atypical, but the thing is, it prevents withdrawals for some people, and so if you know you have to test and you have tramadol, it is good to use for several days before testing.

11. thunderlipz

thunderlipz Member

One of my friends who had a drug test for a job a few weeks ago told me it showed up in his. He was poppin V's the day before the test because he didn't think it would pop up, but it did.

12. elduderino123

elduderino123 Member

I took 4 generic Vicodin's on Friday 2/22 and 4 more on Saturday 2/23. I probably took the last pill around 8PM Saturday, I believe they were 10mg. I am in my early 20's, weigh about 150, have a high metabolism, and aside from this event haven't taken any other drugs besides alcohol in the last month or two. I had a 9 drug "6402N SAP 10-50 GC/MS" urine test done this morning (2/29) at about 11:20AM. Does anyone have any idea of weather or not the hydrocodone will show up on the test? Any HELPFUL advice would be appreciated.

13. kilo/camilus

kilo/camilus Member

I dont think it will, if its a standard drug test. hydrocodone is out of your urine in 8-24 hours for single use, and 3-4days after frequent use.

im taking the same exact risk as you. Im taking some vics tonight (friday), and I have a drug test next wednesday. so that leaves me with saturday, sunday, monday, and tuesday to get it out of my system.

if anything i' ll just drink a lot of water in the next couple of days just to be on the safe side.

14. elduderino123

elduderino123 Member

Thanks for the quick response - that's what I was thinking too. Everything that I have read thus far has seemed to indicate that 3-4 days is common and 5 days is the MAXIMUM for any Hydrocodone to show up on a urine test. I'm not sure if it's a standard test or not - it said it is a 9 drug test so I would have to assume that by its very nature it is more detailed than a standard test. I just hope that the 5 1/2 day window was enough to clear it out of my system. Anyone else have an input?

15. elduderino123

elduderino123 Member

16. aHud (ebk)

aHud (ebk) Member

all iv got to say is i wouldnt ask any of theese guys, including myself, to piss for you...

17. Chill Hippo

Chill Hippo Member

I failed because I took hydrocodone. that was the next day.

18. Oxyrisin

Oxyrisin Member

Dude what are you talking about, Hydrocodone will not show up in a drug test.
    Your funny you son't know what the fuck your talking about.HAHAHAHA LOL

Here are the Facts,
    In a 5 panel test only Hreoin, Morphine,will show up in the test
    If They want to test you for Oxys and Hydro's they need to test seperately. they don't do that cause it costs more.

Now MDA before you lose your cool and start whinning at me for calling you wrong you need to look it up in wikapedia.
    I took a test for a job last fall I went in and had to wait for 20min or so .I asked the lady if they test for Oxys anf vics. she said not for a stendard 5 or 7 panel drug test, I said cool.
    I then went out to my truck and ate 80mgs of oxy and 40 mg of norcos, and had a cig.
    Then I went back in and took a piss test.
    Guess what the results were?? You got it NEGATIVE
    I kind of knew this anyway cause I had to take one 6 months earlier but I also told the lady that I was taking meds, and I had a script for them. it came up negative

So MDA before you go bashing and laughing at other people you need to get your facts straight again.
    I'm beginning to think you don't know much HUH

19. Oxyrisin

Oxyrisin Member

You failed cause your an idoit
    So you should keep your mouth shut again until you grow up a little
    I've read some of your other posts and your always WRONG
    Have a good day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.