Big Fat Congo Dreads

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by ExplodingSnap, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ExplodingSnap

ExplodingSnap Member

You guys might recognize me as the guy who almost combed em out, but now thanks to jahmerimaka and soaring eagle i've remembered why I got em, but I got a question. What can I do to combine some of them and make some ridiculously fat dreads?

2. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

put a bead around the roots of the ones you want to join together or just wait till they do it on their own. It took about 2 years for mine to start doing it... im not sure why. If you don't have any beads or patience just stick one through the roots of the other and wait.

3. TheCasanovaKiller

TheCasanovaKiller Member

take a piece of string and tie it around the roots of two?

4. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

a bead holding them together works well, thats what i do (not that mine need much encouragment). you could also try using a felting needle to join them.

5. jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka Member

I'm glad we could inspire you. Like everybody else said, put them through the roots of other dreads, put a larger bead around the roots of two dreads, tie them, anything that will keep the two together while they grow in will probably help the process. Otherwise, if you have a LOT of lose hairs then just leave them alone and they will most likely cling with other dreads.

6. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

mine just did it by themselves. but combining a few with a bead will work too, if you put it in at the root the dreads will join there and then start eating each other, working their way down... it's really funky to watch.