True Christians don't believe in the trinity

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by OlderWaterBrother, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

True Christians believe that Jesus Christ comes in the flesh. (Our flesh). The antichrist teaches that Jesus and God are somewhere outside of ourselves.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Jesus thought the doctrine of the Trinity was important? Who told you that? Jesus thought we should wrangle over it? Sure he did. Right. You betcha. Did He ever say a word about it? Did He ever say it mattered? Which issue of the Watchtower gave you that idea?

3. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Trinity

The Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father (mind)
    In the name of the Son (heart)
    In the name of the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit (shoulders)

What it means:

To unite mind (Father) and heart (Son) as one, to govern over all that one should and should not do (shoulders).

John 14:6
    Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

What it means:

Christ is the symbol of the Heart, Christ is the symbol of Love. One must LOVE their way to the Father.

[​IMG]

An upside down cross is when people love lust, love sex .. not God. satan is the so-called god of sexual immorality, and satan is associated with an upside down cross.

[​IMG]

4. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

It's hard to understand how someone like you can be so intelligent and yet be so obtuse sometimes.

I didn't say Jesus thought the trinity was important but that he thought that understanding who and what God is was very important and that would include whether God is some kind of symbolic glorified 3in1 oil or not.

That is why Jesus said; "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth" and that is something everyone calling themselves Christian should take very seriously.

5. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Very interesting.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think we're together in agreeing that the doctrine of the Trinity is not well grounded in Scripture. When Jesus said (MARK 10;18)"Why do you call me good? No one is good--except God alone," that would suggest to me He wasn't including Himself in the concept of God. But hey, I'm no theologian. The thing I was reacting to is using the issue to separate the "true" Christians from the false ones. I see no evidence in the Bible that God gives a rats ass about the issue. What Jesus emphasized was loving God and loving our neighbor. As you know, the Trinity issue became one of the many issues Christians used to kill their neighbors over: first Trinitarians killing Arians and later Arians (Visigoths) killing Trinitarains. Other biggies in doctrinal disputes had to do with whether or not Jesus was fully divine, fully human, or some combination of each. And then, my favorite, which separated the Catholics from the Orthodox: the so called "Filique"--did the Holy Spirit proceed from the Father and Son together or just the Father. I'd think that people believing in the Trinity would say that none could proceed from any of the others, but boy am I wrong, cuz none of them thought that! And people were burned at the stake over that one! These issues were duked out in church councils, with rival bishops and even Roman emperors weighing in. There was a three-way split between Monophosytes, Diaphosytes, and whatever they called the third position, which became the predominant view in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. To me, there seems to be ample Scriptural authority that the nature of God is way over our heads--much like my dogs fighting it out over whether I'm a god, a demi-god, an angel or just the dumb schmuck who brings them their dinner. To me this is sad and scandalous--like driving more nails into Jesus.

7. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

It's not an upside down cross, it's inverted.

8. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Well, you see, it's like having the the world for itself a fact, and that allows all aspects of living to confront the self and the others of the human race, whether good christians or not, as simply the essence of life. In that essence there is the life and it's createdness, and thus is accounted the association of father to son. But then there is something missing, and most christians don't know this. In essence they have to research this Essence all their lives, and are members of a congregation. Was that congregation necessary?

The congregation was convenient and the fulfilled Blessed Trinity is consequentially there. Therefore, yes the christians need the Blessed Trinity like Adam needed Eve. The holy Spirit is how the various selves in the confronting World are making themselves distinct from the threatening Nature. The Other is at Man now and man is at home in the universe.

There is something deceiving that we are not afraid of nature. Being at home we should in fact be satisfied and acting well-conditioned to live as essentially a part of that Nature. But as of recent realities of the unfulfilled theory of relativity and environmental observations of the Global Warming or at least Climate Change the fear of ordinary fulfilled trinitarian Individuals, the married couple with their off-springs a knew state of the fear of Nature is to the way it is being researched. The very essence of natural phenomenon there and then are missed and reconstituted; they makes the homy existence seem rather dubious. A true christian can be simply the christian who doesn't give up his christianity because of this strange feeling in the midst of nature; is Nature Being? Huh!!

9. Ukr-Cdn

Ukr-Cdn Striving towards holiness

Generally called Chalcedonian after the Council location.

Also the Miaphysites are some of the Oriental Orthodox, but some Chalcedonians argue the difference is merely semantic (like between the Dormition and/or Assumption of Mary).

10. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Nothing is needed but it can be helpful. Quorum sensing.

11. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Yes we do agree that the doctrine of the Trinity is not well grounded in Scripture.

As for God giving a "rats ass" about what we believe, the Bible is filled with cases of God caring a great deal about what we believe and in fact Jesus spent a great deal of time pointing out that the religious leaders of his day believed the wrong things.

Also whereas I find it easy to find information on Trinitarians torturing and or killing Non-trinitarians, I have found no little or no information on Non-trinitarians torturing and or killing Trinitarians, a citation or two would be nice. [​IMG]

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yes, Jesus spent time challenging wrong beliefs, but His priority wasn't on what people believed about Him and His relationship to His Father--those bizarre hair splitting distinctions that later led to so much bloodshed in direct contradiction to His prime directive of peace, love and understanding. And yes, non-Trinitarians persecuted Trinitarians:

"Differences between the Arian Vandals and their Trinitarian subjects ... were a constant source of tension in their African state. Catholic bishops were exiled or killed by Geiseric and laymen were excluded from office and frequently suffered confiscation of their property. ... Generally most Vandal kings, except Hilderic, persecuted Trinitarian Christians to a greater or lesser extent, banning conversion for Vandals, exiling bishops and generally making life difficult for Trinitarians.... Geiseric... was succeeded by his son Huneric (477–484), who at first tolerated Catholics, owing to his fear of Constantinople, but after 482 began to persecute... Catholics in the most terrible manner."

From Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia

"484 A.D. - Arian Christian Huneric, king of the Vandals, declared Catholic Christians heretics and persecuted them as Catholics had persecuted Arians previously. Catholic churches were closed and their property confiscated. Catholic clergy were executed, exiled, or enslaved. Those who resisted conversion to Arianism were sometimes tortured. (North Africa, from Morocco to Carthage) [Engh, 103]" http://kjvonly2.blogspot.com/2011/06/majority-text-xv-mss-destruction-and.html

13. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I'm from a trinitarian congregation (lutheran) and I've been taught from a small child that God loves me, therefore I should share that with others. As far as I'm concerned it's as simple at that.

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Right on!

15. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

True Christians share mercy and possessions with those in need.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Technically, I think it would include Jesus Himself and his disciples. If we can believe Act 11, the term "Christian" was first used in Antioch in the 40s, when Paul and Barnabas were teaching there. It was Paul who transformed the religion of Jesus into a religion about Christ.

17. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

He who believes on me believes not on me but the one who sends me. He stands as symbol or representative.

Blessed are the peacemakers, called sons of god, not christians to be even more emphatic about it. Sonship was a quality he shared with others.
    All three legs of the trinity being a symbolic representation of our psychic estate, reside in us.

There is no doubt that people use their interpretation of the law as armor to uphold their hardness of heart and we see much strife perpetrated in the name of god or in the name of the law. This has nothing to do with the specific symbols of belief, the symbols of belief in their inception reflect lessons of the spirit not the law and letter of the land and this is where apprehension falls down.