True Christians don't believe in the trinity

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by OlderWaterBrother, Feb 20, 2008.

1. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

True Christians don't believe in the trinity.

I'm just going to make this statement and let me know if you believe it or not and why.

2. OlderWaterBrother

I truly thought that more Trinitarians would want to defend the trinity but I guess not.

Anyway here’s a thought; think about what Jesus said; that by their fruitage you would know them and that some would call him lord and yet he would say get away from me you workers of lawlessness.

Trinitarians – The crusades
    Trinitarians – The inquisition
    Trinitarians – Nazi Germany and genocide

Are there examples like these for non-trinitarians?

3. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

My argument would be there are no true Christians to ask. There never has been.

x

4. Nikalaus

Nikalaus Member

... Good point. I believe you and I are starting to see the world in the same light X.

Do you believe that the St-Essa recorded in the history books in Tibet was Jesus, X?

5. OlderWaterBrother

Would that include Jesus himself and his faithful disciples or are saying that you don't believe that they ever existed?

6. xexon

Just because you have faithful disciples doesn't mean your message is going to be understood by them.

Many masters have come and gone, leaving no suitable heir to their spiritual power. Those who attempt to carry the message forward after the master's death often do so out of devotion rather than ability.

Jesus' disciples were no different. They wrote down their master's teachings but were unable to realize many of the spiritual truths themselves. If you can't bring this spiritual power from within yourself, you have to rely on pure academics.

This is what modern Christianity has been built upon, not the spiritual power of the master himself. Therefore, there are no true Christians. The spiritual lineage is a false one, and the fruit it produces, corrupted.

I don't blame people for following this faith. It has a lot of good wisdom. But it does not have the spiritual power behind it that a master would bring with him in the flesh. There isn't even a comparison.

But if you have nothing better, it tastes pretty good to a weary soul seeking shelter from the storm.

And thats how most all religions operate. A safe harbor for battered souls where they can find strength in numbers. They'll think about the mysteries of life later, but right now, they just want the pain in their lives to go away.

x

7. xexon

Very high probability. What young man in Jesus' day could have resisted going to exotic lands on a trade caravan? There were many running between the middle and near east. You could be gone for years on some of them.

Jesus fits more into the idea of a yogi or swami more than he does a rabbi.

What would the end product be if a young jewish kid spent time with some of the masters of the east?

Would someone like Jesus not come walking down the road?

x

8. OlderWaterBrother

Thanx xexon, very well thought out and nicely stated and I appreciate that.
    Although we’re getting a little of topic, I’d like to ask you one more question.
    The Bible says: All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work. And I was wondering if the Bible is as it says it is the Word of God, wouldn’t God, no matter who did the actual writing, be able to make sure what he wanted said was said in it?

9. xexon

It goes back to the ability to carry the message, or not.

The true word of God is not a book. It's what comes from the mouths of people who have become God conscious. The bible is a book which tells of such people.

Most people, despite the great love they may have for their God, are simple not grown up enough spiritually to connect directly with the Godhead. Faith is all they have. And that faith is often composed of second hand beliefs that belong to other people.

Faith has no ability to self correct like direct perception does, so once a corrupted faith is started, it fruits and muliplies just like a virus. "Looks" like the real deal, but like a piece of carnival jewelry turns green with time.

The bible and other holy books may have come from the mouths of actual saints in the beginning, but because there are so few people who can approach that level themselves yet, they are at the mercy of other people's opinions about it. There is no living master to set the path straight.

This leaves the door open to all manner of abuse. Power over others is a great temptation, and one of the most vulnerable groups of people are the religious.

To be united in faith is not such a good thing.

To be united with the ability to see is much better. This is the intention of true saints like Jesus. To heal your blindness so you can see for yourself.

No faith required.

x

10. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

the last christian died on the cross

--friedrich nietzsche

11. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

can you tell us more about this St. Essa person?

12. Nikalaus

Nikalaus Member

Do a lil research man... it's a name recorded in Eastern HISTORY BOOKS, this young child full of wisdom came from the middle East preaching unbelievable cermons far beyond his years they called him St-Essa. The Eastern history books say St-Essa spent most of his adult life in Tibet and then returned back to the Middle East to do whut he said was complete his "destiny"...

Ugh... I used to criticize people like X and Relayer in the past I'm soo sorry guys.

That's exactly what "they" want ... "DIVIDE AND CONQUER"

I have most definitly seen the light... now the question is what do i do with it... this living a "perfect" life is hard shit yet in theory the power is all ours to do so...

:O :O :O

ONE GOD, ONE ENERGY, ONE ... LOVE BABY.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE LOVE.

13. Nikalaus

Nikalaus Member

FOR THE RECORD... I believe in the Teachings of Jesus.

I believe there is a creative force of all

GOD

I believe he created a son NOT JESUS.

"The Christ Consciousness"

And by that I believe it's the energy that bonds all of space and time and the entier universe. Just so happens Jesus became @ one with that energy OR was born that way. i'm guessing a bit of both.

And the Holy Spirit, I believe it's definitly real and we can thank god for it too i believe its a sound we can't hear that runs on same frequency as our thoughts. kinda like the whistle for dogs... we can't hear but it drives them mental! ;)

So yah... there is my concept of the Trinity...

I would still like to consider myself a "Christian" but i guess "main stream " or true christians would consider me a heretic at this point woudnt they?

14. OlderWaterBrother

Thanx once again xexon, I appreciate time and thought that you took in answering.
    But I have been remiss, I forgot we are in the Sanctuary forum and not the more general Christianity forum and as Skip said: I've decided to establish this sanctuary for Christians only, seeing as, by your statements, it doesn’t seem you‘re Christians, you guys probably should not be posting here.

In any case I allowed us to get way off thread. I started this tread I hoping to talk with some Trinitarians about the trinity and I’m still hoping for that discussion.

Talk with you later,
    OWB

15. xexon

Non Christian input is tolerated as long as it is respectful here.

I'll let you get back to the task at hand. :)

x

16. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

I am interested OlderWater, are you a Oneness Pentecostal? I am interested in your nontrinitarian church.

17. OlderWaterBrother

Hi Hryhorii,
    At this moment, I personally have no church, I wasn’t taught the trinity growing up. I thought at the time that if all roads lead to God, I should take the road that I was most familiar with which would be Christianity, although as I came to find out I wasn’t real familiar with it. I thought a good place to start was to read the Bible through front to back and then look for a religion. That way if someone said the Bible says this I could agree or say I don’t remember reading that can you show me. I liked the Bible but soon found that many people that said they were Christians said or taught things that just weren’t in the Bible.

In doing all this, I noticed that Christianity as a whole has a very bad reputation. One of the things that I noticed was that the trinity is never mentioned in the Bible as such, yet, as I noted earlier in this tread some, some of the worst things that have taken place in history were done by those who were Trinitarians. This and other things have let me to believe that True Christians are not Trinitarians.

Sorry, I hope this answers your question, I was going off a little.
    OWB

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Also spelled Issa, which is the Muslim name for Jesus. This story surfaced in 1897 in a book by a Russian physician, Nicholas Notovitch, who claimed to have visited the Hemis monastery in Tibet and obtained a traslation of an ancient manuscript documenting Issa's wonderful adolescent years in Asia. The account was denounced as a hoax by three competent scholars: Max Mueller, J. Archibold Douglas, and Edgar Goodpeed, who provided solid rebuttals. Douglas even visited the monastery and obtained a signed statement from the head monk that Notovich was a fake. But the story lives on in New Age lore, and is the subject of a popular New Age documentary film by True Believers Janet and Richard Brock, The Lost Years of Jesus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Notovitch
    http://home.earthlink.net/~ronrhodes/JesusNAM.html

19. Bradley1107

Bradley1107 Banned

Very interesting stuff

20. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

That is a pretty interesting story OWB. I am interested in what else you found that is not in the bible that Christians believe (rapture and that sort). I guess the direction I am going I am willing to accept Tradition (with a capital 'T'). Also, I think it would be hard to make claims such as yours about trinitarians and the crusades but about non-trinitarians because there are so many different groups that all do not follow one unified leader. There is also not as man historical examples because non-trinitarianism had been quite small until fairly recently (and is still quite small).