Best Caribbean country

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by MollyBoston, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MollyBoston

MollyBoston Fluffer

I realize that there's no actual answer to this question and every place is awesome in its own way - I'm just interested in what some of your opinions are. I've only been to Puerto Rico, which I loved...I'd like to visit a whole lot more places, and I'm trying to decide where I'd want to go next. What's your favorite place in the Caribbean and why?

2. tropical2some

tropical2some Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I used to live in the Dominican Republic. That's a great country -- and fantastic beer! (Presidente. Best beer in the caribbean basin.) It's not a country, but my favorite Caribbean island is San Andres: it actually belongs to Colombia, but it's off the coast of Nicaragua.

3. papichulo420

papichulo420 Member

well since im dominican and all, i guess my opinion is going to be a little bias.

4. reefer smoke

reefer smoke Member

Jamaica is very cool, well worth the visit because of it's culture, history and sheer beauty, also there's a true mystique about Jamaica. However, having asked many well traveled people and some who had been to almost every island nation, I was told that for natural beauty the country of Dominica (not to be confused with Dominican Republic) is the most incredible, due to it's mountains, forests and 365 fresh water rivers - plus it's awesome beaches. Note: it's amongst the least sparsely populated islands in the Caribbean.

5. Kellybaby

Kellybaby Member

Dominican Republic .... cuz im domincan sooo yeah lol

6. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Believe it or not, only a scant 2 percent of the Caribbean's 7,000-ish islands are inhabited. At the southern end of the Grenadines between Union Island and Carriacou, this sandy island is topped by a single thatch umbrella or part of the 15 1/2-square-mile Guanica Bisosphere Reserve just off Puerto Rico's south coast, this beachy, unpeopled outpost is actually known in these parts as Isla de Gilligan. Where is your favorite uninhabited island?