turning resin into hash oil

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by Coral Reefer, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

does anyone know of a way to purify pipe resin into hash oil? i would think that resin would contain tons of thc. there has to be a way to seperate the ash and nasty stuff from the goods. has anyone tried?

Bobbi Jean and Dr.Stoner.MD.420 like this.
  2. 420hipman

420hipman Member

eghh nasty

3. Coral Reefer

ok, my plan is to dissolve a large quantity of resin in 91% isopropanol, filter it, then add cold water until the thc can no longer stay dissolved. hopefully the oil based cannabinoids will float on top of the water where i can easily scoop it up. ill let yall know how my experiment turns out.

4. LIP

LIP Banned

There isnt "tons of THC" in pipe resin. You've had a lighter to it, and burning plant matter - and heat like that destroys THC.

The residue left is EVERYTHING you DONT want to have inside you.

You can try it, but it wont turn out how you want it to - not to mention the fact it'll taste like shit, smell like shit, and do jack shit.

5. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

^ is right. It is not worth the effort or stink. Should be mostly tar.

When doing cold water extraction (ie bubblebags) the resin heads sink. When hit with isopropyl alcohol the resin heads rupture (hence the goo). I am not sure of what nastiness you will be creating. But who knows.

6. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

Yeah that shit is nasty better off using the alcohol to clean the pipe and just throw away that stnky goo...I rather smoke a guinea pig Turd..

7. Coral Reefer

the idea is to separate the components by their differing solubilities in water. the dissolved solids should dissolve in the water but the thc which is an oil should float at the top. the process can be repeated to further clean the product. this is my unproven hypothesis. we will see.

Bobbi Jean likes this.
  8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Just remember all oils do not float. For example fuel oil #6 has a specific gravity greater than water and it sinks. The best you could hope for would be boundry layer extraction but it would be really pointless with pipe gook.

9. zzzadeh

zzzadeh Member

Ive tried this reefer...its just a disappointment
    You should only use resin to make your Honey
    thicker (while also sacrificing quality)

10. That High Guy

That High Guy Guest

What the hell, bunch of wanna be stoners save for OP. You can in fact smoke resin from your pipe. And yes, yes it can get you very very stoned.

Bobbi Jean likes this.
  11. fred36

fred36 Guest

hi there
    i have seen plenty on the net about making oil but what i am looking to do is the oposite

i want to turn oil into hash

what i am thinking so far is using hemp leaf roasted and then mix the oil with alcohlol to dilute it and mix the lot together and press it in a 10 ton jack heated ,has anyone ever heard of this being done or am i alone

12. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Pipe resin is nasty.

Dont smoke it.

13. GlassMasta

GlassMasta Member

fred36, you have some weird ideas

14. i0-techno

i0-techno The Magnificent Dope

Weird is great!!!!!!

15. madherbz2030

madherbz2030 Member

wierd is wat creates the new big thing...

16. skarpo0

skarpo0 Member

I don't see how resin would contain any less THC than some brick weed. The resin is formed by the contents of the smoke clinging on the the edges of the pipe, sure there's some pretty unhealthy stuff in there but I'm also guessing there's a fair amount of THC in there as well. I've smoked resin before and it has gotten me very very lifted due to how dense it is compared to plant material.

17. Astrofabrical

Astrofabrical Senior Member

You need to actually go back and read what this thread is about. Made yourself look stupid in your first post... Resin is nasty. It can be smoked, but I really don't think it's worth inflicting the damage to your lungs. Stick to herb, not tar.

18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

cannot be done

19. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i dont wanna sound coky but i believe my fellow mj connoisseurs will agree with me that this is just crack head mentality.

if you want to get some good hash, best make it yourself out of some good bud.

20. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

ive filtered out resin to make an amber oil, it's funky tasting but not as bad as straight from the pipe resin, i smoke a crapload of hashish and a lot of my pipes actually resin hit rather nice.

pressing oil and powdered leaf to make a hashish like compound is pretty common in Jamaica from what I understand.