calling a woman a **** ???

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Rah, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Rah

Rah Member

A few days ago me and the GF had a row and I called her a ****, but ever since then its struck me that I wouldnt hesitate to call a geezer a **** during an argument but calling a woman a **** somehow dont feel right does it, it feels a bit harsh but then again she was being a bit of a **** !

2. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Well in my opinion its just a word really.

3. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

Apparently I use the word too liberally, and have gotten into alot of trouble for it. It's just one of those words that some people can't stand, and other people don't mind. It's all abit hit and miss, really. Alot of my friends don't really give a shit though.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Its such an ugly word.
    I'd seriously get mad if someone called me that.

5. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

It is pointless calling a woman a ****. Because all you have gone and done, is draw attention to the obvious. All women have one. I remember calling my GF a ****. She simply looked downwards and pulled her trousers from her stomach, then looked down and suddenly let go of trouser and it hit back at her stomach. Calling a bloke a **** is a completely different kettle of fish. ;)

6. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Lifes too short. Its a word.

I rarely use it myself as i see nothing offensive about words referring to female genitalia so i find the whole cursing with them thing pointless and odd, but i wouldnt get my knickers in a twist if someone used it when talking to me

I do wonder why it became seen as an insult in the first place. Its rather worrying really. Like dick and prick too. Theyre just body parts. Odd people:Dhaha

7. Naoki_ninja

Naoki_ninja Bruce Lee's hero

i think that if someone called me a ****, i would be a tad bit offended, but like wiggy said, it's pretty much just a word really.

8. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Your point is invalid, simply because a woman is far more than the sum of one of her body organs. If this is the case, why would someone be offended at being called an arse? Why would blokes be offended at being called dicks?

In fact, some blokes use "****" as a term of endearment, which logically means they don't take offence at the term. Would you go up to a Hell's Angel and tell him he has a vagina? I fucking wouldn't. [​IMG]

9. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

i don't have a problem with the word "****" but if i was having an argument with my husband and he called me that (or any name really) i'd be livid. i wouldn't expect that sort of treatment from someone i loved, even if we were mad at each other at the time. just like i wouldn't call him an arsehole or anything like that.

tis a bit different if you are angry or if you are just messing about.

like if i were teasing my hubby and he was laughing and said to me "you're such a **** sometimes" then i'd just laugh. or most likely put on the fake pout and say "you're so mean to me, don't you love me no more". :tongue:

if it is actually bothering you, ronnie ... i mean rah. then just say to her randomly that you're sorry that you called her that.

10. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

depends on the context. if someone is calling me a **** because he can't win with me any other way it makes my eye roll so hard i get a bit of a headache. that's annoying.

11. dapablo

dapablo redefining

apologise profusely and promise not to do it again, whatever came over you to swear at a woman in such a fashion, because just anger doesn't cut the mustard

12. ripple

ripple Member

I landed myself in trouble using the said word. I dont see the problem myself, its just like any other swear word! It seems to have gain an especcially bad status.

13. dapablo

dapablo redefining

connections with abuse of the female probably

14. ripple

ripple Member

The word dick doesnt bother me! Equal opportunity and all.

15. mamaKCita

"****" seems to be much more used in the UK than it is the USA. it's much uglier here. when i'm up against a particularly nasty, horrible, vicious woman, i call her a "numb ****" because i can't think of anything more useless.

16. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

"Daft ****" is quite popular round my way. In a sort of "Silly Billy" sort of way.

I don't use it much myself, it's a bit of shit word I reckon :) But aye, there's definitely something differant about the word when used on a woman. Something differant too about dick on a man I think.

In similar news...

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2008-02-15/

17. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

Im old fashioned and if someone in person called me a **** Id very likely beat them to a pulp although these days Im trying my best to control my temper as I really shouldnt get into fights after breaking my neck , but in the past Ive chased people down the road kicking them and punching them everytime they slowed down for doing things like that .
    if I was with a women and someone insulted her it would depend on the circumstances but again you would have at least a 50% chance of being attacked

18. LIP

LIP Banned

The word **** is just that, a word. Shout it everyone you see. And if they dont like it, fuck them, they're probably cunts...

19. mamaKCita

i think you should do that and film it.

20. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm whats the difference between a dick and a ****?

If I think someones the type whod call me a dick ,Id get my retaliation in upfront and call them a ****.

Isnt **** an Anglo Saxon phrase , and when the Normans used it ( who were the ruling class after 1066)it was an insult because it was basically "lower class/unimportant woman solely for screwing"?
    Either way u can have inappropriate language eg a telesaleman ringing up and saying "goodmorning ****" but words on their own , are just words.

I actually think women dislike the word **** because it cuts into one of their deepest fears ie that they are "unimportant women soley for screwing".
    Anyway , call me a **** if u disagree: )

PS why is saying "fannying around" ok , but "cunting around" worse than flashing your knob at the Pope?I suspect fanny sounds a bit more Norman....