• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Rah

Rah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 03:06 AM

A few days ago me and the GF had a row and I called her a cunt, but ever since then its struck me that I wouldnt hesitate to call a geezer a cunt during an argument but calling a woman a cunt somehow dont feel right does it, it feels a bit harsh but then again she was being a bit of a cunt !

#2 wiggy

wiggy

Bitch

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 03:12 AM

Well in my opinion its just a word really.
Posted Image

#3 L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews

• 3,394 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 05:57 AM

Apparently I use the word too liberally, and have gotten into alot of trouble for it. It's just one of those words that some people can't stand, and other people don't mind. It's all abit hit and miss, really. Alot of my friends don't really give a shit though.

#4 Piaf

Piaf

• 21,370 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 05:59 AM

Its such an ugly word.
I'd seriously get mad if someone called me that.

esujdd.jpg

#5 J0hn

J0hn

Phantom

• Members
  • 3,511 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 07:55 AM

It is pointless calling a woman a cunt. Because all you have gone and done, is draw attention to the obvious. All women have one. I remember calling my GF a cunt. She simply looked downwards and pulled her trousers from her stomach, then looked down and suddenly let go of trouser and it hit back at her stomach. Calling a bloke a cunt is a completely different kettle of fish. ;)
Posted Image Economic recession. *Sigh

#6 verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,928 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 08:36 AM

Lifes too short. Its a word.

I rarely use it myself as i see nothing offensive about words referring to female genitalia so i find the whole cursing with them thing pointless and odd, but i wouldnt get my knickers in a twist if someone used it when talking to me

I do wonder why it became seen as an insult in the first place. Its rather worrying really. Like dick and prick too. Theyre just body parts. Odd people:Dhaha
All life is a precious miracle

#7 Naoki_ninja

Naoki_ninja

Bruce Lee's hero

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 08:42 AM

i think that if someone called me a cunt, i would be a tad bit offended, but like wiggy said, it's pretty much just a word really.
Posted Image
"I just like being a piece of furniture in your weird life"

#8 Power_13

Power_13

insult ninja

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 09:56 AM

Your point is invalid, simply because a woman is far more than the sum of one of her body organs. If this is the case, why would someone be offended at being called an arse? Why would blokes be offended at being called dicks?

In fact, some blokes use "cunt" as a term of endearment, which logically means they don't take offence at the term. Would you go up to a Hell's Angel and tell him he has a vagina? I fucking wouldn't. Posted Image

It is pointless calling a woman a cunt. Because all you have gone and done, is draw attention to the obvious. All women have one. I remember calling my GF a cunt. She simply looked downwards and pulled her trousers from her stomach, then looked down and suddenly let go of trouser and it hit back at her stomach. Calling a bloke a cunt is a completely different kettle of fish. ;)

Winner of the The Noel Edmonds Commemorative Underpants 2007 :D
i bet this sig really annoy's you if your a grammar freak

#9 phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo

dreadfully real

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 12:39 PM

i don't have a problem with the word "cunt" but if i was having an argument with my husband and he called me that (or any name really) i'd be livid. i wouldn't expect that sort of treatment from someone i loved, even if we were mad at each other at the time. just like i wouldn't call him an arsehole or anything like that.

tis a bit different if you are angry or if you are just messing about.

like if i were teasing my hubby and he was laughing and said to me "you're such a cunt sometimes" then i'd just laugh. or most likely put on the fake pout and say "you're so mean to me, don't you love me no more". :tongue:

if it is actually bothering you, ronnie ... i mean rah. then just say to her randomly that you're sorry that you called her that.

Most Creative Poster 2008

UK Forum Adolf Hitler Award for the Kindest Person 2007 & 2008

Please, Check Out My Etsy Shop :) or my Misi Shop

#10 mamaKCita

mamaKCita

fucking stupid.

• Members
  • 35,226 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 12:54 PM

depends on the context. if someone is calling me a cunt because he can't win with me any other way it makes my eye roll so hard i get a bit of a headache. that's annoying.

I feel like it's a giant metaphor for America so it's my patriotic duty to eat one eventually.

#11 dapablo

dapablo

redefining

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 04:47 PM

apologise profusely and promise not to do it again, whatever came over you to swear at a woman in such a fashion, because just anger doesn't cut the mustard

#12 ripple

ripple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 04:53 PM

I landed myself in trouble using the said word. I dont see the problem myself, its just like any other swear word! It seems to have gain an especcially bad status.

#13 dapablo

dapablo

redefining

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 04:55 PM

I landed myself in trouble using the said word. I dont see the problem myself, its just like any other swear word! It seems to have gain an especcially bad status.

connections with abuse of the female probably

#14 ripple

ripple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 04:58 PM

The word dick doesnt bother me! Equal opportunity and all.

#15 mamaKCita

mamaKCita

fucking stupid.

• Members
  • 35,226 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 06:30 PM

"cunt" seems to be much more used in the UK than it is the USA. it's much uglier here. when i'm up against a particularly nasty, horrible, vicious woman, i call her a "numb cunt" because i can't think of anything more useless.

I feel like it's a giant metaphor for America so it's my patriotic duty to eat one eventually.

#16 bokonon

bokonon

• 1,555 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 04:46 AM

"Daft Cunt" is quite popular round my way. In a sort of "Silly Billy" sort of way.

I don't use it much myself, it's a bit of shit word I reckon :) But aye, there's definitely something differant about the word when used on a woman. Something differant too about dick on a man I think.

In similar news...

http://www.imdb.com/...enn/2008-02-15/
Posted Image

The door to this house remains open,
The door to this house doesn't close,
The door is open to the alley,
The alley opens to the road...

#17 jonny2mad

jonny2mad

• 3,136 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 05:04 AM

Im old fashioned and if someone in person called me a cunt Id very likely beat them to a pulp although these days Im trying my best to control my temper as I really shouldnt get into fights after breaking my neck , but in the past Ive chased people down the road kicking them and punching them everytime they slowed down for doing things like that .
if I was with a women and someone insulted her it would depend on the circumstances but again you would have at least a 50% chance of being attacked
Henry Kissinger said, "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy

#18 LIP

LIP

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 05:53 AM

The word cunt is just that, a word. Shout it everyone you see. And if they dont like it, fuck them, they're probably cunts...

#19 mamaKCita

mamaKCita

fucking stupid.

• Members
  • 35,226 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 08:14 AM

i think you should do that and film it.

#20 IamnotaMan I AM THOR

IamnotaMan I AM THOR

I am Thor

• 6,409 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hmm whats the difference between a dick and a cunt?

If I think someones the type whod call me a dick ,Id get my retaliation in upfront and call them a cunt.

Isnt cunt an Anglo Saxon phrase , and when the Normans used it ( who were the ruling class after 1066)it was an insult because it was basically "lower class/unimportant woman solely for screwing"?
Either way u can have inappropriate language eg a telesaleman ringing up and saying "goodmorning cunt" but words on their own , are just words.

I actually think women dislike the word cunt because it cuts into one of their deepest fears ie that they are "unimportant women soley for screwing".
Anyway , call me a cunt if u disagree: )

PS why is saying "fannying around" ok , but "cunting around" worse than flashing your knob at the Pope?I suspect fanny sounds a bit more Norman....

#21 mamaKCita

mamaKCita

fucking stupid.

• Members
  • 35,226 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 09:37 AM

we call it dickin' around. how funny.

#22 jonny2mad

jonny2mad

• 3,136 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 11:42 AM

The word cunt is just that, a word. Shout it everyone you see. And if they dont like it, fuck them, they're probably cunts...

you know when your walking down the road and someone comes up to you and just shouts something like ahhhhhhhhh close to your face , you get idiots doing that well thats dangerous to do around me I class that as a form of verbal assault .

I think if you do what you suggest eventually your going to get whomped by someone who doesnt put up with the actions of the annoying idiot
Henry Kissinger said, "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy

#23 Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix

• 9,223 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 11:59 AM

you know when your walking down the road and someone comes up to you and just shouts something like ahhhhhhhhh close to your face , you get idiots doing that well thats dangerous to do around me I class that as a form of verbal assault .

I think if you do what you suggest eventually your going to get whomped by someone who doesnt put up with the actions of the annoying idiot

Your granddad would likely have shot them. And imagine if that man had said something like that to your grandmother....

Posted Image

Freedom - just a stone's throw away...

#24 soulcompromise

soulcompromise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 12:25 PM

Sometimes when women are picking on you, you want to say something to stop them, or something that will grab their attention... they're like 'why the fuck did you say that' but you.. they stop picking on you.

#25 ripple

ripple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 01:37 PM

That reminds me of the other night. I was out cycling along the promenade and went past a group of youths. One girl let out an almighty shrilling shriek as I passed her by. I got quite a fright! What a bizarre thing to do to somebody...

#26 jonny2mad

jonny2mad

• 3,136 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 02:05 AM

my grandfather at the very least would have shot them for swearing in front of a lady , and this wouldnt be the shooting to wound he did with the man who wouldnt take his hat off to my grandmother, he thrashed that man with a thorny thrashing stick before shooting him as well.
To be honest I dont know what he would have done in this case he would have been so shocked , we live in a country of orcs and so called civilisation protects and nurtures these orcs and stops them being killed as would happen in any decent country .

a few days ago I was walking down this alley and someone had flytipped bottles and these children were jumping on them they were with their parents who didnt seem to care , personally I think gallows should be set up and these people at the very least publically hung ,crucifixtion outside schools might be better .

yes that might sound slightly harsh to the more liberal minded but it would be for the long term good

#27 Rah

Rah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 07:48 AM

Would you go up to a Hell's Angel and tell him he has a vagina? I fucking wouldn't.

I would, as they may be really grateful. Any hells angel with a vagina would have to be female but if they thought they were male they may be in need of some serious sex education. I think it would help calm them down and realise why they act in such a bullshit macho way. I think hells angels might object to having a male with a vagina driving round as they only like watching lesbian films they dont like big fat hairy bull lessers driving round with them it gets them a bad name

#28 J0hn

J0hn

Phantom

• Members
  • 3,511 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 07:53 AM

I have seen one before. It looks kind of neat, the way it slopes downwards.
Posted Image Economic recession. *Sigh

#29 mamaKCita

mamaKCita

fucking stupid.

• Members
  • 35,226 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 08:00 AM

i have this friend, rob, who's one of those guys people just don't fuck around with. he looks REALLY scary. nice guy though. would give you the shirt off his back and offered me the use of his pride and joy brand new dodge to drive when my car wasn't working. loyal as anyone i've ever met. but yeah, he grew up the hard way, so he CAN back up his look, he just doesn't usually have to.

#30 peacechicka1

peacechicka1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 08:05 AM

I dont usually use it unless someone is being rather rude and I dont care for them much to call them it anyway. It's a word, but very rude and nasty, but hell sticks & stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me, I suppose. LOL

In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons. ~ Croesus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. "

Malcolm X