Photo
- - - - -

So the next dominant race after humans....

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 dudeman99

dudeman99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 12:20 PM

Eventually the world will be non existant and the humans inhabiting it will all be gone. (unless we colonize new planets.) Humans are probably going to be extinct someday. In Millions of years after humans are gone what kind of beings do you think will inhabit the earth. There will be living creatures that evolve after us. Do you think smart creatures will rule the world again someday. I wish i could go into the future and find out. Peace.

#2 themnax

themnax

• 15,178 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted February 01 2008 - 01:04 AM

nothing is carved in stone, save some hand carves it. of course if we hadn't become human some other form that looked a little different would have.

we've been arround a few hundred thousand, the rocks a few billion. figgure it out.

=^^=
.../\...
my nation is the imagination

=^^=
.../\...

#3 peaceful_son

peaceful_son

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted February 06 2008 - 12:54 AM

hmmmm that's a good question man, the first species that comes to mind would be a species of ape or monkey, depending on if they still excist. If not them then possibly dolphins or a species of whale. But it's tough man, maybe we under-estimate a lot of species, given enough time any one species could evolve to be dominate. This is an awesome thread by the way, something i'm really interested in.

peace
Posted Image

#4 Glen_Quagmire

Glen_Quagmire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted February 06 2008 - 09:24 PM

Actually supposedly squids are supposed to be the next animal that will supposedly achieve near human intellect. According to some scientists, some squids will migrate onto land and live there.
I love Jesus!!!

#5 peaceful_son

peaceful_son

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted February 07 2008 - 12:34 AM

Hahaha man you could be right, from what documentarys i've seen a lot of octopie and cuttlefish species display a great amount of intelligence. And the people working with these animals were raving about the discoveries they had made while working with them.

peace
Posted Image

#6 Nicksteckler10

Nicksteckler10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 10:28 PM

whoa I saw some show the other day called "The Future is Wild" and it pretty much showed possible answers to this question and it showed this one sea creature that they expect to exist in like a couple hundred thousand years and its called the "Ocean Phantom" and it was a combination of like 10 different organisms and animals and they were just like a badass team of killers and spiders and stuff! yeaH!

#7 themnax

themnax

• 15,178 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted February 16 2008 - 08:25 AM

what sort of creature will evolve to fill the niche we leave vacant when our own finally bites it, will depend on what sort of conditions we will have left for it to evolve into.

yes there are a number of now living species that might be prime source stock, but by the time that time comes, they'll be no more recognizable from today's living ancestors of their future, then we are, from the protohominids of our own ancient past.

it really just depends on the specifics of what particular kind of mess we leave behind in the proccesss of doing ourselves in.

i love to think of a world with intelligent beings prettier then us half ugly primates, and still covered in our own floofy fur. but that's just what some of us dream of. what natures does, consists partially of rolling dice. more specificly rolling dice every time a stray cosmic ray partical passess through someone who will subsiquently mate, and then keeping the die rolls that work.

that's how they say, we got here, whatever may have set the proccess in motion and wrote the algorythim for it in the first place.

=^^=
.../\...
my nation is the imagination

=^^=
.../\...

#8 Suib

Suib

Musical Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 08:31 AM

This is a great thought, i couldn't really come up with a prediction due to the fact that when humans do finally go extinct, nature will have no through so many evolutional changes that no one can say for certain.
"If it's illegal to Rock n Roll, throw my ass in jail!!" - Kurt Cobain

#9 Naoki_ninja

Naoki_ninja

Bruce Lee's hero

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted February 16 2008 - 08:32 AM

i say cows......
Posted Image
"I just like being a piece of furniture in your weird life"

#10 stigmerica

stigmerica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 11:05 PM

If human beings somehow reappeared... otherwise I don't think there will be one; everything else will always be part of the circle, and we will always be outside of that circle unless we wake up in a major way, which is unlikely.

Just think Smith's line from The Matrix.
Imagine an island. On this island live three people. What would be the easiest way for one of these people to control the other two? Teach them to control each other.

#11 nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger

craaaaaazy

• Members
  • 5,247 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 11:22 PM

i think it'll be the dolphins.
Posted Image

"let your soul gravitate to the love..."

let's hug it out, bitch

#12 zilla939

zilla939

Thought Police

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 15,955 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 11:44 PM

i'm down with the dolphins, there's certainly a great deal more salt water than fresh. it's possible we'll run out of land before they run out of water, what with the ice caps melting and all ;)
i suppose it's survival of the fittest. the dominant species on this planet will prevail and evolve to suit their surroundings. whether humans will be able to adapt is up for debate as we seem to have a habit of making our surroundings (and ourselves for that matter) adapt to the reality we create. we are like this essentially because we learned to create excess - agriculture created surplus which led to population increase and trade and made language necessary - and i believe this quality of us has the potential to doom or save us. if we survive, it will probably be at the expense of multitudes of other species of living things on this planet... it's already happening.
in any case, we seem to be evolving much more rapidly mentally than we are physically... maybe one day we'll just be brains and eyes in a robot body Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 hotwater

hotwater

• 20,506 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted February 19 2008 - 02:23 AM

I agree the Dolphin will reign supreme Posted Image

Posted Image

Hotwater
Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

#14 dudeman99

dudeman99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 07:57 PM

Cool thoughts.
Yea if humans do survive for a long time we will change so much. Like we might just lose our sluggish bodies and become super smart brains.
But i think most land creatures will die soon with the sun changing and all. It will be too cold or hot. But miles down in the ocean where they are totally dependant from the sun something will evolve i think. I had oceonography last year and we studied cuttlefish and they are supposedly wicked smart.
Wouldnt it be cool if they became sentient and created cities and aircraft and spacecraft and migrated onto earth and could talk with us. They would have such vast areas and recourses in the sea.
I think if we ever find creatures from another planet they will be underwater creatures.
I wish humans had gills...

09348399384391171-0

#15 WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul

Free

• Members
  • 3,593 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 08:00 PM

About the dolphins....... did you guys ever see that Simpsons episode?

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream, the butcher's the poet's equal there - E. M. Cioran

~
What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed?
And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven
and there plucked an strange and beautiful flower?
And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then? - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

[SIGPIC]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/maria_schex/bn230098.jpg[/SIGPIC]

#16 dudeman99

dudeman99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 08:55 PM

lol they take over and then everyone in springfield is just chillin in the ocean

09348399384391171-0

#17 zilla939

zilla939

Thought Police

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 15,955 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 09:35 PM

cuttlefish might need hands and a larynx first
Posted Image

#18 dudeman99

dudeman99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 10:03 PM

they have long arms with tentacles which are way better at hands.
they can change the color and texture of thier skin to blend in.
they have a large arm that can shoot out to grab fish like a frog.

they can also communicate with thier brains and move objects with thier minds.

09348399384391171-0

#19 drew5147

drew5147

Dingledodie

• Members
  • 4,361 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 10:28 AM

Squid People!
"Hippy is an establishment label for a profound, invisible, underground, evolutionary process. For every visible hippy, barefoot, beflowered, beaded, there are a thousand invisible members of the turned-on underground. Persons whose lives are tuned in to their inner vision, who are dropping out of the TV comedy of American Life."
-Timothy Leary

Now when you meet these poor souls who are seeking to destroy—and there are many many of them on the World Wide Web, for they are able to get away with much (they think; they are not aware of how so many can feel their unlovingness), they feel they can get away with more because in person their unloving essence expresses itself more obviously, they think—do not make the mistake of polarizing toward them in a way that says "I will destroy you." Do not approach them with attack. Do not feed back to them unloving essence, for that is what they wish.

Beasst will bear your MARK of synthetic protection as their ELF GWEN plays Gaia's HAARP of sorrow.

#20 CloudFlower

CloudFlower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 10:34 AM

Have you ever seen planet of the apes?
"Crash your music and beat your head against the wall!"
Posted Image

#21 ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO

• 1,381 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 10:53 AM

Insects...

#22 dead_head90

dead_head90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 06:48 PM

well im thinking that humans will evolve to fit the habitat. we will no longer be "humans". in theory we used to be chimpanzees. so we evolve into animals that will survive earths new atmosphere and the humans will die. so the new superior beings will be us, but no t humans... understand? right now were are in an evolutionary state, like always, like every animal. everything is slowly changing, but its unrealized. we right now compared to 500 0 years ago have larger craniums, brains and use much more technology. i think right now our brain is growing and soon it will fill out, because currently we only use like 10% of our brain. imagine the possibilities if we used our hole brain. we might be able to bent time and space with out mind. or move objects with our minds. maybe read each others minds. think about it man. the possibilities are endless.........hmmmmm

#23 zilla939

zilla939

Thought Police

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 15,955 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 07:12 PM

like the tramalfadorians!
Posted Image

#24 dudeman99

dudeman99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted February 28 2008 - 11:46 PM

dead head. exactly what i am thinking!!!

09348399384391171-0

#25 ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO

• 1,381 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 01:03 AM

breaker one nine four two zero you got your ears on? what are you all buzzing about.?

#26 dead_head90

dead_head90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 12:24 PM

breaker one nine four two zero you got your ears on? what are you all buzzing about.?

nope this isnt a CB radio. haha funny though

#27 ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO

• 1,381 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 12:51 PM

highly exolved bacteria that communicates in binary code... beep beep dot dot dot..beep..

#28 xexon

xexon

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted March 01 2008 - 01:18 PM

As we all know, Twinkies never decompose. Neither do McDonald's french fries.

I have this vision of a warehouse where these two sit around long enough to become self aware.

x
Zionism is to the Jewish people what Nazis were to the German people.
Something that needs to be stopped before it spreads.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 dead_head90

dead_head90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted March 02 2008 - 08:38 AM

^ Hahahahahaha

#30 ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO

• 1,381 posts

Posted March 02 2008 - 01:47 PM

As we all know, Twinkies never decompose. Neither do McDonald's french fries.

I have this vision of a warehouse where these two sit around long enough to become self aware.

x

I love that ^.... great vision... u had...