What if anything do you do for an income while homeschooling your kids?

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by Shane99X, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

I was homeschooled through high school(better person for it) and i now have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, i want to homeschool them and their mom just got on board with the whole idea recently. My mother still homeschools my 2 younger brothers and stays home while my dad works(though he doesn't make a lot, not even close to what he deserves) in order to do so. They are constantly running into financial problems as a result of living off of 1 income. Neither myself nor my kids mom want to go from a 2 income home to a 1 income home.

What if anything do other homeschooling parents do for income while homeschooling? self-employed? spouse makes enough for everyone?

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

He works during the week and I work on weekends.

3. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

We have a one income family. Being in Canada has it's perks that help though (CTB).

The right job sure makes the difference.

My wife is a supervisor for an online call center. (yes... there are some damn good LEGITIMATE jobs online... if you know where to look)

So... she gets to work from home and have the time to spend with our lil ones.

It seems to work for us. Our son is at a second grade level (by our district's standards) but only in "kindergarten".

You will find something that you can settle into and work it out ;)

4. ameliorateLJ

ameliorateLJ Member

My neighbor who home-schools her kids is self-employed, she airbrushes designs onto hockey helmets and makes homemade purses. She is an amazing woman and artist!