How NOT to get busted!

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by skip, Jan 25, 2008.

1. thered

thered Member

2. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

i disagree. if you deny a search, then clearly you are trying to hide something right? cops know this. then all they have to do is call in the dog to sniff the shit out of your car (which is legal for them to do without a warrant). then, well, you're probably fucked.
    if you agree to a search as though you have nothing to hide, the cop isn't go to call in backup, nor is he going to feel like he has to spend hours finding whatever it is you probably aren't hiding. part of acting innocent is pretending you've got nothing to hide. if you deny a search, you are basically saying, "yes i've got something illegal in my car but you'll need a warrant to see it." cops are stubborn fuckers. they aren't just going to let you go driving away after you deny a search.

and if you tell the cop there's nothing illegal in your car, then he asks you to search the car, then you say no, then the dogs comes and finds the shit, you're going to be royally fucked for lying to the cop. judges have no sympathy for people who lie to a cop.

3. skamikaze

skamikaze Coffee Addict

you arent technically lying. You are refusing a search which is your constitutional right. I will deny a search whether i have anything on me or not. Its my right and i exercise it.

4. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

if you have nothing in your car, why would you deny a search? just so that you can waste an extra 2 hrs of questioning and dog searching just to prove "it's your right"? personally, i have a lot better things to do than that. you'll never win a "who's dick is bigger contest" with a cop.

if you want to prove a point, then tell the cop to search your entire car to show him he is wasting his time with you and would be better off getting himself some donuts at the local shop.

5. thered

thered Member

They can't make you wait for them to bring in a dog. Say they pulled you over for a traffic violation and then got suspicious. They can't hold you for longer than it takes them to give you a ticket or they're unlawfully holding you without charging you and stuff like that.
    They'll do it anyway because they don't have to tell people that they're free to go, so always ask if you can leave.
    Watch the movie at the top of the page. Really.

6. polecat

polecat Weerd

7. fishheadbob

fishheadbob Member

1) Don't carry much weed, only what you need for the outing. If you have an ounce at home, leave it there, just bring a doob or two, whatever will do the trick. Most cops aren't going to screw around with 2 joints, the District Attorney points out to the cops that they're plea bargaining rapists and killers because they don't have enough prosecutors, judges, or courts to go around. They really don't want to waste effort to go after little Suzie Smith and her 2 joints so she can get an ACD.

2) You have no rights at the border. No such thing as probable cause, homeland security can search anybody, anytime, for no reason. Think about it before bringing some weed back from Mexico, Canada, the Carribean, or wherever.

3) Wrapping your stash in good baggies won't fool Fido. A good friend got caught at the airport using a double wrapped baggie stash. The cop explained to her that the dog couldn't smell inside the double bags but most folks have a tiny bit of residue on their hands when bagging, and that tiny bit transfers to the outside of the bag, which is what Fido smelled.

8. chugtonio

chugtonio Member

Smoke somewhere not out in the open, now you are high... why keep walking around with stuff out in open

You don't have to smoke constantly to be high so just smoke, ditch the weed and go

9. Deech

Deech Member

cops can legally hold you for up to 24 hours without charging you dumbass and the movie at the top of the page says to always say yes to search... i mean are you fucking retarded you should never say no to a search unless you really dont have anything on you and feel like spending the next five hours gettin questioned...

10. Deech

Deech Member

smoke, ditch the weed, and go.... you cant be serious....

11. Xzei

Xzei Member

wow...
    it seems every other post on this thread contradicts a previous one

12. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

that's because no one here is a lawyer, or a cop.

the bottom line is if you're an ass to them, then they will be ten times the ass back to to you.
    in other words, if you're clean as hell but are an ass to them, they'll give you a ticket for failing to use your blinker when changing lanes or some bullshit. if you're nice to them, they are way more likely to let you off.

so to all of you who are like, "i'm going to excercise my right to be ass to cop"...please i encourage all of you to do so. that way when they come across a more cooperative person, they'll be more likely to let them off.

13. Alaxsxa

Alaxsxa Member

What is your definition of being an ass? Is it the same definition that all cops use?

14. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

are you seriously asking what it means to be an ass? i'll use a less confusing term, such as "uncooperative".

15. Alaxsxa

Alaxsxa Member

Yes, I did. Interesting to note that you didnt answer me.

Using your rights is not being uncooperative. I would much rather receive a ticket I can contest in court than have my car torn apart by some cops.

16. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

to each his own i suppose, but honestly i would rather have them spend an hour tearing my car apart then have to spend 3 hrs going to court, pay for gas to and from court, miss school and work all in an effort to contest a ticket that may or may not be reduced to something that i would still have to pay a fine for even if i could talk it down to a minor non-moving violation.

bottom line is there is not "best" way to do go about such the situation. my motto is just stay relaxed, cooperate, look the cop in the eyes, give straight answers (no beating around the bush), do what they ask, and don't bring weed in the car. this way there will be no problems, ever.

17. floodhappy

floodhappy Member

Smoke ALL your weed b4 going out

18. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

Move to the Netherlands.

Seriously though, use common sense. Take calculated risks, thinks about the consequences of your actions BEFORE you do them. It's really simple not to get caught. Smoke in your house. Voila.

'Knock knock, it's the cops, i smell weed, open the door.'

*takes a fat bong rip*

'Got a warrent?'

'I'm a cop, i have more power then your whole family you fucking **** open the door before i shoot you with my taser because i have a small penis.'

*takes another bong rip*

'That's nice'

'GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i'm a mean cop who always gets his way, how dare you obstruct justice!!!!!!!!!!'

'Got that warrent yet?'

Make them break down your door if they must. Never open the door without a warrent. If for some reason they have one, they'll attack roughly a 5-6 am to 'suprise' you. If you have a good security system, this could easily alert you in time to flush your evidence if you must. Anway, my point is, you're much safer smoking at home. Save yourself the paranoia and the prison time.

19. melody1217

melody1217 Member

just dont carry the shit in school. i got suspended a few years back for that shit....no bueno

20. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Don't drive around with drugs in your car. Pretty much the only ways people ever get busted is traffic stops or by sniches, so protect yourself from both. first one is easy(see above) second one is harder but you just have to know who your dealing with. As for the consent/don't consent debate it depends on many factors, but always remember that your rights don't mean shit if you piss a cop off, and a judge will take their side of the story over yours 99% of the time.