Fake Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by wutthe4k, Jan 21, 2008.

1. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

as far as getting robbed goes, is it possible to be sold fake magic mushrooms that look exactly like the real deal, such as psilocybe cubensis?

2. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

its possible, but not very likely, because most shrooms are grown in huge batches and theres no money in fake mushrooms.

3. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Yer, anyone who sells fake magic mushrooms is probably going to get a very large beating from a very large group of people...

4. freeroses

freeroses Member

I'm sure it can happen.. I've never heard of anyone being ripped with mushrooms like that before though. I guess the best thing you can do is smell/check them out when you get them? Haha.

I've been sold fake blotters of acid... haha how disappointing/greedy [​IMG]

5. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

that shit's easy -.- just cut out a couple of squares of paper o_O it sucks i've had it happen lol

6. LostKosmonaut

LostKosmonaut Member

It's possible but not likely. Sellers need regular buyers, and they're not gonna keep any customers by dealing out Shitake mushrooms.

If you know what different mushrooms look like dried, you should have a very vague sense for what is what. The colors fade, but the shape will generally stay the same.

7. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Psilocybe Cubensis also have a distinct taste from edible ones. Though I don't know what non-psychedelic, non-gourmet mushrooms taste like.

8. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i just got some shrooms that look just like every other time ive gotten them, but everyone else who bought some said they diddnt work so im kinda pissed. i wanna sell it to make my money back but then i would feel like a prick for pulling the same shit

9. Geneity

Go to the dealer and demand your money back.....

10. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

thing was, i wasnt there, my buddies all got it while i was in DC and i gave them the money ahead of time. we dont know the guy personally and doesnt go to the same school or anything. also found out they werent fake. just weak. everyone said they worked, just not much. so if i cant sell it by monday, ill take them and smoke weed to enhance the effects. i ended up also saving money cause i gave them 15bucks and was gonna pay back the other 15 but instead traded my friend some weed that some chick sold me for 3 bucks. she was flipping out about how she needed to be rid of it. so i really only spent $18 on the 8th so its not a big loss.

and since ive been pushing vicodin this weekend which i bout 30 pills for $60, ive been selling it anywhere from $3-5 depending on how much i like or dislike the person so im mak9ing money back anyway

11. Geneity

Heh, that's a LOT for Vicodin. How man milligrams were they? Just out of curiosity.

I had some weak mushrooms as well. An eighth did nothing. So the next time I dosed I took an ounce of passionflower (plant matter and all with the water), and had a GREAT fucking time. The MAOI properties of the passionflower at least doubled the potency of the mushrooms. I suggest that if you can't get rid of them.

12. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Happens all the time. They busted 10lbs of fake mushies at the last festival I was at. if you know where the dealer lives (or if someone you know does), then you should be alright. At a festival, out of town, or with someone you can't trace...don't buy quantity.

13. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

vicodin pusher, dude..... naaaaa

14. Gdeadhead420

Gdeadhead420 DivineMomentsofTruth

i've been sold fake mushrooms a couple times at concerts..and they looked exactly like what cubensis look like.

15. sheerwackiness

sheerwackiness Member

Can you explain more about this situation? It seems so strange for people to be selling fake mushrooms, and cubes are so easy to ID! I'm curiouse what happened? - SW

16. sheerwackiness

sheerwackiness Member

Did they do nothing at all? How many did you take? Were the stems blueing and everything?

17. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I'm not cool with the dealing of opiates, people get addicted to it fast and want to buy it from you all the time and it gets sketchy... But hey, it's what you want to do, so do it! lol

18. LostKosmonaut

LostKosmonaut Member

All of the dried mushrooms I've had didn't blue (maybe I just didn't pay attention). I'm fairly sure only fresh mushrooms react that way.

19. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

High quality mushrooms WILL have some blue in them when you break them in half. everything else is low-grade swag. The kind stuff that you eat an 1/8 of. Yuck!

20. LostKosmonaut

LostKosmonaut Member

That's possible, but I think mushies need moisture to blue. Maybe it just depends on how dry they are.

I can't really comment, though. I've only bought dry shrooms 3 times and never payed attention to the colors. I usually go for fresh ones.