Hip Forums 2008 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by 911wasaninsidejob, Jan 16, 2008.

1. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

Who are YOU voting for?

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

3. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

my friend upstairs says she is writing in "George Carlin" for president just like she did last election.

4. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

I was going to include George Carlin but they only allowed me 10 places

:)

5. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

Man, if I could choose ANYONE for president, I'd say John Lennon. That guy could change the world for good; though I don't know if he'd enjoy being in charge of people like that. But he could make some serious changes.

6. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

Well if we voted John Lennon we wouldn't have a president because he's not alive.

Bu no president sounds good, so let's do it.

7. tomfarr

tomfarr Member

I'm afraid John wouldn't be eligible, even if he were alive. He wasn't born here.

I think John would like Ron Paul, though!

I wonder who George Carlin is voting for?

8. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

Honestly...i would guess George Carlin IS voting Ron Paul just from what I've heard him say in the past politically...but that's just merely a guess...

9. zenloki

zenloki Member

[​IMG]me too

10. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I'm young so I don't know what Ron Paul's ideas are. What are they?
    Peace

11. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

just because you're young doesn't mean you can't learn. its no excuse. This election and Ron Paul have come about recently, and it only took me a day or two to learn all about him. Rather than just asking us, DO SOME RESEARCH!
    Peace and good luck

12. stev90

stev90 Banned

13. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

just because you're young doesn't mean you can't learn
    Never said I couldn't learn but thanks I'll check him out.
    Peace

14. stev90

stev90 Banned

I applaud all the young people like BloodyNailPolish and CelticHippie, who choose to become involved by looking at the issues and thinking and deciding for themselves.

This is what this country needs, people who use their own minds to think, and make their own choices, instead of merely being led like sheeple.

15. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I wonder why this site always attracts so many right-wing libertarians....

16. Peace-Phoenix

People learn from all sorts of different sources. In many ways forums are a tool of learning in the sense that they provide a space for people to exchange ideas, adopt, adapt and develop their own. And all social knowledge, at some point, comes from other people. Rather than speak down to him for not knowing, why not be part of his research and share your opinions on Ron Paul?

As for me, I'm strongly against Ron Paul and right-wing libertarian ideas that promote inflexibile individual liberty over communal rights and responsibilities. For example, I am wholly in favour of having slightly higher taxes in Britain when it means that every single person can receive free health care whenever they need it without the need for insurance....

17. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I am wholly in favour of having slightly higher taxes in Britain when it means that every single person can receive free health care whenever they need it without the need for insurance....

That doesn't seem bad.
    Peace

I applaud all the young people like BloodyNailPolish and CelticHippie, who choose to become involved by looking at the issues and thinking and deciding for themselves.
    Thank You
    Peace

18. Meretrix

Meretrix Member

Ron Paul FTW here.

However democracy in the US is pretty much failing. Democracy relies too much on people, and it's sad to say, but America is pretty much retarded. [​IMG]

19. Peace-Phoenix

Considering democracy derives etymologically from demos, the Greek for 'people', one would rather expect democracy to rely on said people. Actually what democracy relies too much upon are the decisions of representatives of the people, rather than direct democratic decision making....

20. Meretrix

Meretrix Member

Actually I believe both are problems in America. I do not trust the electoral college with what they do, and I do not believe the majority of American citizens can decide what is best for the majority. People normally choose what is best for THEM in the current time, and not the long run. People cannot think for the majority as they are now, and we rely too much on our hedonistic society choose for itself. One example is our great statistics of how many people vote in each election >.>