How to Identify Magic Mushrooms / Can anyone identify these?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by cantquit2033, Jan 14, 2008.

1. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

No. Not at all. My general rule is that if I pick a mushroom and it bruises blue, then it's probably worth getting an ID, but no way in hell would I eat mushrooms on the spot just because they bruised blue.

2. woowiiabee

woowiiabee Member

so on the map i live on area 9.
    WAYY down south by mexico.
    what type of mushies am i looking forward to finding some day?

3. latharga meatloaf fairy

latharga meatloaf fairy Guest

Hey I live in Northern Virginia and i'm going to Washington state this summer. I'll be staying on a farm in a valley.

Any idea where to find shrooms in that or my area?

4. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

5. shellebelle

shellebelle Member

I would be VERY leery of eating a mushroom that I wasn't 100% sure what it was.
    The only wild mushrooms we eat are morels (yum)! I have picked mushrooms that stained blue and I thought about it, but no way.

6. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

i stick on cubensis, cause in florida its everywhere!

7. Boxer47

Boxer47 Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm drying them out, and they look like some of the pictures I've seen of the good stuff, but I'm just not sure enough. Can someone tell me what these puppies are?

8. iamthewalrus22

iamthewalrus22 Member

Why the fuck was this thread even sticked?!?

9. andallthatstocome

andallthatstocome not a squid

uhh, yeah, only two species are shown in varying stages of maturity, and they're both poisonous.

10. NickVision

NickVision Guest

ok so i have taken shroooms a few times and love them well more than a few :) and i have a good amount of property 10 acres. and have a few horses n heard shrooms love growin in places like this and there is a creeek runnin threw the property. i cant pick and do not trust myself. but i went and picked some samples of what i found out in the field. please help me identify these got no idea what im lookin for. keep this in mind i live in washington state. not DC. could only load 5 pics ill post the rest up

11. NickVision

NickVision Guest

here is the rest of the close up picsb

1 person likes this.
  12. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

The ones that look most promising are the small light colored ones in the lower right hand corner of your first posted pic and pic 033.

they look similar to an inactive species of Paneolus that I often find growing around Pan Cyan. Check if the gills are a mottled gray and black color and the spores should be a purplish black color.

For pans cyans look among the slightly taller grass in well manured earth but not directly on piles of horse manure. They will have a ashy greyish cap that lightens brownish and cracks as it ages not to mention a blue bruising color on the stem where they were handled and on the tip of the stem where they were torned from the earth.

did you take any spore prints?

13. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

normally.. yes. Blue is true :2thumbsup: brown is down. Don't do brown.

14. peaceinlove333

peaceinlove333 Guest

If they stained goldenish brown, and found with liberty caps, what WOULD happen if they were eaten? I have a roommate that may have eaten them. Not even sure which ones they were, because they were with the liberty caps in the cow pies when we picked them..but when drying there was one area on the paper towel that was stained goldenish that i just saw today, and some of the mushrooms were gone..:/

On another note, i picked some new ones today...i want to know if they are okay...some are already really dried out and i was wondering if that was okay too (although i had eaten some like that already a couple weeks ago and was fine) ? Comments please and thanks so very much! I am in Hawaii by the way, so was told anything in cow pies was good, as long as i stayed away from horse manure.

In relation to the picture of the mushrooms i picked today..they all bruised blue, everyone of them. But, do you see in the bottomish right hand corner where there is that small area of rustish red? What can anyone tell me about that.

Thanks again. View attachment 49406

15. MDS201065

MDS201065 Guest

These are not magic mushrooms they are Marasmius Oredies. Ot the Champainge mushroom. In the US they are refered to as fairy ring mushrooms and they are a choice eddible. Good grief read a book or something
    :confused:

16. lady_galactic

lady_galactic Guest

can anyone identify these as magic?

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

18. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Someone should stick this.

19. Iris1

Iris1 Members

How do I post pics for info concerning mushrooms please? :)