How does one make sure meth is pure? URGENT!

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by mikebobjohn, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mikebobjohn

mikebobjohn Member

If someone claims they're selling pure crystal meth, is there any way to tell on the spot by tasting it or something if it's really pure or not?

What DOES pure mdma taste like?
    If you can't tell on the spot if it's pure or not, are there any tests one can run on it to make sure it's not cut with chalk, talc powder, or anything else that's potentially harmful?

For instance, mixing some of MDMA with some other chemical in a test tube, and if it turns a certain color, you know it's pure, but if it turns a diff color, you know there's chalk in it, and if it turns a diff color, u know there's some other crap in it, etc etc. Or, is there an even simpler way of testing it's purity?

How does one make sure it's not rat poison, for instance?

Another question. I've read that taking it can cause your body temperature to be dangerously high. Can MDMA kill you even if you only take say 10mg at once? Or does it only cause convulsions and overheating if one OD's?

Thank you. This info is important and needed rather urgently.

2. elover

elover ritz with cheese

3. natebozung535

natebozung535 Member

no shit, no need for the meth man!

dancesafe has several different testing kits for mdma, all serve there own purpose

4. mikebobjohn

mikebobjohn Member

im confused. why are people on an ecstasy forum telling me not to do mdma? or is this like an anti-ecstasy forum?
    anyway, the reason my "friend" needs it is because he has chronic pain problems, and nothing really works for him, so he assumes mdma will distract him from the pain while hes on it. he plans to switch off heroin/coke/and mdma.

he lives with his parents so ordering a test kit from online isnt ideal. are there any tests one can do without a kit, or are there any places on can buy it in person, like stores? how about on haight/ashbury in SF?

5. vcdman

vcdman Member

meth= methamphetamine: a strong stimulant
    MDMA= methylenedioxymethyamphetamine: an empathogen

very different chemicals...

regarding testing purity of mdma, consider e testers, and once you've established you have mdma you can see how well it disolves in distilled water... mdma is completely water soluable...

6. Superpimp

Superpimp Member

are you daffed? mda and mdma are two totaly different things........mda=meth.....meth is not fun to fuck around with unless u know your limits, u can get spun out pretty fast.....mdma= exstacy no worrys there just dont over due it.....its great in moderation.....but with excessive use u can develop serotonin syndrome...it is rare but potentially life-threatening

*also rolling when in pain might fuck his whole trip up, it might cause him to hurt himself more or focus on the pain.....id stick with the herion*

7. natebozung535

natebozung535 Member

yea dude i think you are confused, meth and mdma are two completely different things.

erowid first man, erowid first

8. danyo

danyo Member

mda isn't meth, if you really want to shorten methamphetamine it would be ma like the ma from mdma

9. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

wow people really need to get educated.

10. get_up_stand_up

get_up_stand_up Member

Wow, people really need to get themselves educated. Erowid.org....... use that shit.

MDMA, MDA, and methamphetamine are all different chemicals, with similar structures, but very different effects. MDMA and MDA are generally safer and have less potential for addiction that Meth. I would exercise caution for sure if anyone decides to use methamphetamines.

11. mikebobjohn

mikebobjohn Member

I thought i said MDMA all along?
    Anyway, I mean ***ECSTASY***
    Except, in crystally, powdery form. How do you tell if powdery stuff that you buy that a dealer claims in pure MDMA/Ecstasy isn't really chalk, talcom powder, rat poison, or some other random shit, or if it isn't a mix?

I assume "etester" = ectasy tester. Where can one find one of these aside from the internet?

my friend who needs the tester lives in san francisco, so he could easily go to the haight ashbury. does anyone else live around the bay area, and know of a store possibly in the haight (or anywhere) that would sell an ecstasy tester?

Thanks a lot!

12. natebozung535

natebozung535 Member

never heard of mdma testing kits being sold in stores.

13. Superpimp

Superpimp Member

look for a really big bong shop, one that sells everything from grow gear to papers and you might just find what your looking for ;)

14. elover

elover ritz with cheese

Try a little, and if it taste terrible, really just awful it might just be