if you could domesticate any animal to be your pet..

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by i_was_in_shroom_land, Jan 8, 2008.

1. madcap

madcap Member

id love a golden eagle

2. ElectronauT

ElectronauT Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAI3fVieUXQ
    I think this guy thinks they are domesticated already! Haha just jokin, but that vid is wild and totally cool.

3. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Id get a sexy wolf.

4. The manticore

The manticore Member

5. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Sweet, thanks for the video. Pretty wild how that guy was so clam feeding those things with his mouth.

6. myself

myself just me

A squirrel.

7. PsychosisDiagnosis

PsychosisDiagnosis Member

a tiger that could fly and smoke weed and speaks english with a brittish accent
    and he deals weed too so he could smoke me out whenever he felt like it

8. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

^ hahaha!!!!

Yeah a hyena would be crazy.

It'd be pretty awesome to have a big 'ol male Lion, or a Siberian Tiger. Those are my two top choices.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are actually quite a number of eminently RELATIVELY domesticatable small creatures, which are, unfortunately, on the endangered list. of course they have special needs and require their keepers to have somewhat above average intelligence to keep them alive and healthy.

i'm rather fond of rad pandas and pine martins. red pandas (and great pandas also) need a LOT of bamboo leaves. they also need relative cool climates and higher elevations.

ferrets are quite popular, dispite being outlawed in many states in an attempt to reverse their depletion in their natural habitate.

but since it is precisely habitat loss that is endangering most species, wouldn't it make sense to captive breed them as pets? i'm not finding the logic against doing so all that convincing. now lager species that might be hard on the furnature, the neighbors, and so on, that i can see, and those that are dissappearing from their habitate do to potching to supply the pet market, that i can see too, but those which are small enough and have conventional enough needs, who'se reason they are endangered is BECAUSE of habitat loss, which most of them are, especially when their still being allowed to be kept by and bread for fur breeders, that i just can't see at all.

if anything its the fur breeders who need to be outlawed.

ok, enough of my tyrade. the list, off the top of my head so far:

red panda
    pine martin
    asian fishing cat
    ferrets
    foxes of all varieties
    SMALL exotic cats
    other small exotic mammels related to domesticated ones
    perhapse new world cammeloids, like vacunas
    oh and limurs, definately limurs. (i mean yah they throw their stink at each other in mating contests, but hell, rabbits smell bad too, and i've known lots of people who keep them)
    skunks and other mustilids.
    man can you imagine having a guard skunk?

=^^=
    .../\...

10. RichardJ

RichardJ Member

A White Wolf, but if I could choose a fantasy creature it would be Bahamut from FF: AC

11. Grey Kameleon

Grey Kameleon Member

A plesiosaur. I would keep it in the Atlantic ocean, but it would come to me when I call.

12. ripple

ripple Member

[​IMG]

Pet Hyena anyone?

13. Grey Kameleon

Grey Kameleon Member

I changed my mind. It would definitely be this:

[​IMG]

I seriously freaked out when I came across this. I'm not easily scared but I can't handle sea monsters.

14. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

OOOO! that loooks soooo badass!!!

15. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

sloth i would get it so high and i would have to get a tiger.

16. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

A monkey or lemur. When I buy my island, I will teach him (Though I'll probably have to get two as they need to socialize or they will get lonely and depressed) how to harvest my crops of weed, process it, how to load a bong and finally how to roll a doobie. So when I return to my island, there will be doobies-a-plenty, my bong will be loaded, my monkeys will probably be getting high in a tree, the sun will shine and life will be good.

17. Moon_Unit

Moon_Unit Member

i would like a panther or something like that but what i would love would be a king cobra....they can live for so many years and can get so long, and the venom. Ultimate pet

18. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

This is a tough one since I believe my Siberian husky keeps me as a pet not the other way around/ Being a pet owner is a huge responsablity so Id have to agree with {themnax} I would like little creatures like the red panda that were cuddly and shit.

19. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

20. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My choice would be a wolverine. If I could train him to stay close to the house, it would end the problem of the neighbors dogs getting into our garbage cans.....