Edwards & The Environment

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by Lady of the Freaks, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

2. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely...thank you for the thread, LotF. :)

For this and a number of other reasons, I'm definitely voting for John Edwards, as long as he's on the ballot by the time of my state's primary, on March 4th.

3. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Edwards has some great ideas in his environmental platform, but I am ready to see any politition actually practice what they preach.
    From the article linked in the OP:
    As Edwards encourages his staff to pratice energy effiency at home he maintains his 28,200 square foot home in NC. While his staffers are walking to work and changing their light bulbs to CF, Edwards is heating and airconditioning this monstrosity.

Sure, sure this is the cry of foul typically brought to light by the conservative crowd. Al Gore's house just came under scrutiny when compared to Bush's, and in recent past celebrity spokesman for the environment, John Travolta, was mocked for urging us commoners to reduce our carbon footprint while jetting around in his 727.

We can agrue that these people can make a huge difference by bringing awareness to the issues or becoming president and changing or making policy that protects the environment, but damn it, put your money where your mouth is, John Edwards, and build yourself a 5000 square foot house that is 100% wind and solar powered, one that is really green. I sure you can afford it.

I truly care about the earth and the environment. I've spent the last 20 years recycling and reusing, powering my home with solar, carrying my groceries in reusable sacks, buying bulk, etc. for what? To offset one month of energy use in the Edwards home?

If you ask me it makes a mockery of the environmental movement and us as voters. Come on, our children don't even buy into the 'do as I say not as I do' concept.