shooting methadone?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by StonedSober, Jan 3, 2008.

1. StonedSober

StonedSober Member

can you shoot methadone? anyone ever heard of this?

if so would you need the little pills or the wafers?'

also how would one go about preparing it for injection.

just wondering.

2. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

Yes you can shoot methadone buts its very dangerous. You can only shoot liquid methadone and you shoot it up the same way you shoot any other drug becasue its already in liquid form. Pill Meth the white and orange waffer meth you really can not shoot it. Well you can but you need a big ass needle like a 1- 1-1/2 gage needle. Shooting up methadone is very very stupid andthe high and rush suck so its kind of pointless. And the bottom line is its a great way to fuck up your veins,Liver,lungs and heart from all of the fillers and binders in it. Waffer Methadone is not water soluble at all, and the liquid methadone is very thick. They make it like this unpurpose so people can't shoot it up.Please if you are thinking about doing this don't its not worth the risk at all. Unless you want a real nasty Abscess and collapsed veins ? Long term use will kill your body like I posted above. When I first got on the Methadone clinic and got my first take home I asked the same thing. Its just not worth it at all !!!

3. deathofseasons

deathofseasons Member

Dont shoot the methadone pills, theres stuff in them that you DONT want in your veins, only the liquid is safe to shoot.

4. StonedSober

StonedSober Member

k i wont be doing this lol.

sounds like a terrible idea.

thanks for the info.

5. maybejusthappy

maybejusthappy Member

Tried crushing half of a 10mg pill, dissolving it in water as well as I could, and it was really not worth it, though I wasn't quite sure of how much I should use.

Bottom line is, too much powder for something so pointless with those pills.

6. stareyes21

stareyes21 Member

I've never shot up anything and want to try it. I want to shoot dilaudid or oxy's. I have a tloerance so I'm not concerned about OD-ing, but I have no idea what kind of needle to use or even how to go about doing it. What needle gauge do I need and how many cc's? Can I get them at a CVS? Can anyone help?

7. 3ccrush

3ccrush Member

Yes, you can shoot up methadone. only the liquid kind though. what you would need is a 3ml syringe with at least a 23 gauge 1 1/2 " needle. you need that because you would need at least 30mg's of methadone to feel the rush.(and it's not gonna be as good as a heroin or oxy rush) 1ml is equivalent to 10mg of methadone. that's if the clinic you are getting if from don't add water to it before they give you your takehomes. i went to a clinic in miami that did that,but if you get it in a sealed bottle straight from the lab, it is pure methadone. so anyways, what you would need to do is suck up the methadone with the 3ml syringe until its at the 3cc line. you don't need cotton or a spoon for this. just put the needle right into the bottle. then get all of the air that you possibly can out of your rig without squirting any of the methadone out. then you wanna find a good vain and tie up. now don't tie the tie right above the vain your gonna use. tie it up about 6 inches above the vain. open and close your hand a few times until the vain is nice and puffy. when the vain is ready, just press the needle in really really slowly until you see blood shoot up in the syringe. when that happens, that means you are in the vain. now you need to be very careful at this point because you don't want to miss with this stuff, you wanna make sure you keep that needle in the vain. once your in the vain and you see blood shoot up in the syringe, pull back just a little bit on the plunger until you see more blood come up through the needle. then very carefully push the plunger down slowly until you can't push no more. then pull the needle out slowly and undo your tie. if you do all this right you should be on your way to heaven!!

ps: if you never shot up before, maybe you should practice with some purified water first. you don't want to waste your medicine, you know.

8. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Shooting the liquid methadone is probably worse for your veins then shooting the pills, because of the additives that is put into the liquid methadone.

On top of that, Methadone IV'ed has NO rush whatsoever....the bioavailability of Methadone is 90-95% orally, so there is no point in IV'ing it. The only drugs worth IV'ing are drugs with horrible Oral/Intranasal bioavailabilities...such as Morphine, or Hydromorphone.

Just take it orally, your veins will thank you later.

9. windontheh2o

windontheh2o Guest

I am a longer time user of methadone - the methadose oral suspension.
    I shot this for about 5 years and eventauly ended up heart problems and congestive heart failure.
    I was on 150 mg at the time. I added 5 cc of water to the full dose bottle and drew up 10 cc at a time. I could get 2 bangs out of one bottle. A 10 cc sryinge holds about 13 cc. I bought 27 gauge one halfs for point.
    It is easy for this to really get out of hand. You can't do small doses and a small barrel. It is dangerous. I was a nurse at one time and was very very good at finding and keeping the vein. Any missing causes bad burning. If you keep the vein you taste it almost immediately.
    The tablet will not break down.

10. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

Why bother shooting them.. You get a better high from just eating them.. Makes it kinda pointless..
    Plus I'm told the rush sucks..

11. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

You were a nurse and still shot up knowing the dangers. Remind me not to have you as a nurse HAHA :D

12. Feelings Of U4ia

^Exactly. BA from eating is extremely high, and consider there is really no rush, shooting is pointless.

13. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

On a non scientific note, dont people get on methadone to quit? Shooting it up would be counterproductive.

14. Feelings Of U4ia

A lot of people get on Methadone to maintain.

Methadone gets a lot of people buzzed. Some people look at it as a way to get the government to pay for their drugs.

Some people use it to get off of other opiates, but in a way, that is counter productive in itself, because the majority of Methadone patients stay on Methadone forever.

And then the other group of people go on Methadone because it IS an analgesic opiod and DOES relieve pain, so therefore they can be on that, get off the other opiates, and stay out of pain.

Methadone has worse WD's then other opiates, so I don't know why people switch to that.

Especially now that Suboxone has been introduced to the market. If you aren't going on Suboxone, you aren't ready to quit, or you can't afford Suboxone. One of the two. No other reason to stay on Methadone your whole life.

Just my opinion though, so please everyone don't jump down my throat.

The point of MMT is to get off opiates, but most people tend to just stay on Methadone, because the clinics just keep you on it forever.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

would people be crazy enough to shoot Subs too?

16. Feelings Of U4ia

There are tons of people who shoot Subs. A lot of people who got forced into Suboxone treatment and aren't ready to quit Opiates shoot Suboxone...they claim it gives a decent rush.

So yeah, anything you can think of, someone has done it, 20 times already.

17. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

Most likely they would be stupid enough. People will try anything

18. Feelings Of U4ia

People try and shoot the water that is left over after doing a CWE on Codeine....people will try ANYTHING.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

I must be stupid when it comes to Subs. I thought this was a narc-out drug..
    Wouldnt it cancel any opies used and make them even less effective??
    I guess Ill never really know for myself. H, and oxys are not my drug of choice..

20. Feelings Of U4ia

Yes, it has blocking actions, just as Methadone does. It does have some recreational effects when taken alone, though, just like Methadone.

I don't really understand what you are asking?