• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 dreamboy

dreamboy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 03 2010 - 01:45 AM

OK now im confused, my calculations was wrong i think. based on the astro.com website,i enterd my birth town,so it seems im leo rising sun.

#92 Lynnbrowngreen

Lynnbrowngreen

Firecracker

• PipPipPip
  • 6,406 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone in southern US

Posted December 30 2010 - 10:51 PM

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

Micah 5:12

thier for thier isnt a "christian" astrology.

You really ought to do your research before you think you are talking about astrology and its looooong history....
Even tho your "interpretation" of these particular scriptures may indicate what you said...All astrology certainly isn't divination, but explanation and possibly an indication of trends. imo
In fact, before Christ, (and since if they might admit it) God's chosen people, the Jews - not only studied "the heavens"; but had their charts done, and yearly returns. The men in the temple with the most money and the rabbis are reported as consistently having this chart-drawing done.

#93 cinders117

cinders117

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 31 2010 - 12:09 PM

I have a question.

I have Mars and Venus in Libra in the 5th house. Venus is in the fifth house at 27 degrees 16'45". Does this mean it is less a 5th house Venus and more a 6th House venus?

I also have Saturn in Scorpio in the 6th house at 28 degrees 51'50" so I am wondering if that means Saturn behaves more like a 7th house Saturn being so close to it.

Here is an attachment of my chart and chart details!

#94 Fingermouse

Fingermouse

Helicase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted May 20 2011 - 07:21 AM

I have questions.

Assuming that most astrologers agree that Scorpio personality traits are just as strong as Sagittarius ones if they are in the same place in the natal chart (e.g sun in sag vs sun in scorp would bring equally strong but different personality traits) I must come to the conclusion that mass or gravity play no part in how astrology works. Jupiter ("ruler" of sagittarius) is clearly a hell of a lot bigger than Pluto ("ruler" of scorpio) and a hell of a lot nearer, too...

So my question is: If mass, gravity and distance play no role in how the heavenly bodies interact with human personality, wouldn't every single star in the universe have some effect? Would that not make an infinite number of possible combinations and effects which would therefore be absolutely impossible to measure? It would be impossible to know which traits were coming from which star or planet in the whole universe, and astrology would therefore be pointless.

Of course all this is assuming there's some force we are unaware of coming from stars and planets in the first place. I also wonder if anyone has any names for or theories and suggestions about that.

I also wonder if astrology applies to other mammals on this planet. If not, why not? If so, how so? Are there cancerian pigeons out there who are more likely to peck at cake crumbs on the floor? Are there scorpion dolphins who are reserved despite being hardwired to be highly social, thereby going against instinct? What does astrology have to say about human instinct? Which star or planet does it come from?

I was talking to her about this recently - telepathically, since she blocked me on facebook last year. :D

If there isn't room here for people who stand against everything you believe in,
then what sort of a hippy free-for-all is this?

Posted Image

#95 The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being

PAIN IN ASS

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,648 posts

Posted May 20 2011 - 07:48 AM

I have questions.

Assuming that most astrologers agree that Scorpio personality traits are just as strong as Sagittarius ones if they are in the same place in the natal chart (e.g sun in sag vs sun in scorp would bring equally strong but different personality traits) I must come to the conclusion that mass or gravity play no part in how astrology works. Jupiter ("ruler" of sagittarius) is clearly a hell of a lot bigger than Pluto ("ruler" of scorpio) and a hell of a lot nearer, too...

So my question is: If mass, gravity and distance play no role in how the heavenly bodies interact with human personality, wouldn't every single star in the universe have some effect? Would that not make an infinite number of possible combinations and effects which would therefore be absolutely impossible to measure? It would be impossible to know which traits were coming from which star or planet in the whole universe, and astrology would therefore be pointless.

Of course all this is assuming there's some force we are unaware of coming from stars and planets in the first place. I also wonder if anyone has any names for or theories and suggestions about that.

I also wonder if astrology applies to other mammals on this planet. If not, why not? If so, how so? Are there cancerian pigeons out there who are more likely to peck at cake crumbs on the floor? Are there scorpion dolphins who are reserved despite being hardwired to be highly social, thereby going against instinct? What does astrology have to say about human instinct? Which star or planet does it come from?

i've read something like this elsewhere before, but it's just as flawed as astrology

i mean, consider these 'unknown forces' - it's been proving that there is an unexplainable force, dark energy, and still many unexplainable occurrences in the astrophysics make up. as a result of this, then, you can hardly rule out anything. astrology and its credibility does seem pretty unlikely - but even still, it's just a bit of fun.

#96 Fingermouse

Fingermouse

Helicase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted May 20 2011 - 08:36 AM

astrology and its credibility does seem pretty unlikely - but even still, it's just a bit of fun.

I was raised with astrology as the truth of things. It wasn't just a bit of fun to my mother. It was a sincere and deeply held belief, just like religious ideas. I was told about what the stars said about me before I even knew who I was myself.

I tend to find that anyone who has really given astrology any thought and still believes in it really does see it as more than just lighthearted fun. There are the horoscope reading in magazines types, then there are those who spend hours looking at charts, looking for patterns, giving readings, reading books on it...The whole idea has been made so complex and deceptively technical, yet it's based on no scientifically verified evidence. I think something that people devote that much time and energy to which isn't proven deserves to have questions asked of it.

I was talking to her about this recently - telepathically, since she blocked me on facebook last year. :D

If there isn't room here for people who stand against everything you believe in,

Posted Image

#97 The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being

PAIN IN ASS

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,648 posts

Posted May 20 2011 - 10:07 AM

I was raised with astrology as the truth of things. It wasn't just a bit of fun to my mother. It was a sincere and deeply held belief, just like religious ideas. I was told about what the stars said about me before I even knew who I was myself.

I tend to find that anyone who has really given astrology any thought and still believes in it really does see it as more than just lighthearted fun. There are the horoscope reading in magazines types, then there are those who spend hours looking at charts, looking for patterns, giving readings, reading books on it...The whole idea has been made so complex and deceptively technical, yet it's based on no scientifically verified evidence. I think something that people devote that much time and energy to which isn't proven deserves to have questions asked of it.

sure they do, but science doesn't know where to start - astrophysics isn't enough to disbelieve the sentiment. i believe that much of the bible is nonsense, and even if i were correct - it doesn't answer the question of divinity.

basically, our understanding of logic is not enough to compute any more than a contradiction of what is believed of the supernatural.

#98 The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being

PAIN IN ASS

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,648 posts

Posted May 20 2011 - 10:08 AM

your mum sounds fun anyways.

#99 bowl_of_raspberries

bowl_of_raspberries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted May 24 2011 - 02:32 PM

That's probably why many people todoay dismiss and critisize astrology for being invalid and not very practical but that's due to lack of knowledge on their part in that they think the sun sign is all there is to a person's astrological makeup.

Not necessarily, I got my whole chart done and it doesn't accurately reflect me at all. It was still way off.

Astrology just doesn't work for me.

#100 Fingermouse

Fingermouse

Helicase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted October 09 2011 - 10:55 AM

I have questions.

Anybody?

Posted Image

#101 ReinettaV

ReinettaV

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 31 2013 - 04:21 PM

I don't know anything about astrology other than my own sun, moon and rising signs, and the element and planet(s) associated with each sign.

Where/how to I begin to educate myself in this area?

#102 Gypsy Liveaboard

Gypsy Liveaboard

Driftwood

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationLiveaboard, SoCal

Posted April 01 2013 - 04:44 AM

I don't know anything about astrology other than my own sun, moon and rising signs, and the element and planet(s) associated with each sign.

Where/how to I begin to educate myself in this area?

astro.com

There you can create your own chart for free.
cafeastrology.com is awesome too, and their services are more in depth.

boat cat

#103 ReinettaV

ReinettaV

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 01 2013 - 10:03 AM

Thank you. :)

#104 Gypsy Liveaboard

Gypsy Liveaboard

Driftwood

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationLiveaboard, SoCal

Posted April 05 2013 - 08:30 AM

Where/what house/s indicates information regarding past lives?
What about likely form of death?

boat cat

#105 Imperator

Imperator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted January 11 2015 - 01:19 PM

If I may comment on the idea of distant stars having effect. I would imagine they actually do, however because they move in the chart so slowly it seems like the entire human race would have the exact same chart and since that would mean we would have no conception of it anywhere else, it would be something funadmentally different to the human experience.

As for animals having it, it certianly seems so. Charts have been cast for Cities, Countries, and Events with accuracy, so doing it for animals seem highely logical.

#106 Court007

Court007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 04 2015 - 08:03 PM

Those who understand them, what is a simplified way to explain a double yod? Having Pluto in Virgo 5th house, Neptune in Scorpio 7th house & Venus as well as Jupiter in Aries 12th house? I am working on a reading for someone who is very well versed in astrology & I'm looking for any good info I can get regarding this topic...oh yeah, Aries is intercepted in the 12th house, as well. 

#107 Court007

Court007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 05 2015 - 12:51 AM

Where/what house/s indicates information regarding past lives?
What about likely form of death?

If you look at the 8th house of death & regeneration you can actually tell quite a bit about someones death in this lifetime...for instance, Vebus in your 8th house indicates that you will gain monetarily through inheritance or possibly through your partner, it also shows that you will have a peaceful death...Uranus in the 8th house, not so much..