How Long Does It Usually Take For A Marijuana Plant to Grow?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by andy409999, Nov 28, 2007.

1. andy409999

andy409999 Member

one firend told me it takes a year, but my uncle who is a sort of friendly hipppy guy tells me it takes 2-6 months

WHATS THE TRUE ANSWER???

2. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

depends, indoors it can take anywhere from 2-4 months. Outdoors, depending on where you live and what your climate is, it can be 2-12 months. Also what strain your growing pretty much determines how long it will will take.

3. PurplePearl

PurplePearl Member

I posted a similar question in another section too, so thank you for that answer.

Could I also ask if the plants can tolerate direct sunlight through a window, or would it be too much for them?

4. Bassplaya84

Bassplaya84 Member

It probably would not be enough for them actually Purple. If you're growing indoors, you should use either a High pressure Sodium Lamp, or a Metal Halide Lamp, or grow outdoors. The light simply coming in from a window will not be enough light in most cases.

5. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Pearl, I saw yer post and at the time I would have agreed with Bass but then a rusty old memory shook itself loose.>P

Way back when, a dude had a tree growing in front of a patio door, it was maturing nicely right up to point when he got busted for growing mj =>O

6. Dark||Nomad

Dark||Nomad Member

Go check out the thread by Purple about from seed to harvest or something like that.

7. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

from seed to smoking the herb for an indoor plant will take approximately 12-16 weeks depending on the strain (4 weeks for vegging + 8-12 weeks for flowering...pure indica's take around 8 weeks while sativa's take a little longer, up to 12 or even 14 weeks of flowering). then another week at least to dry, and if you want quality shit then another month to cure. so if you want primo shit, you're looking at a solid 4 months minimum.

and no weed plant will ever grow in a window. they need the proper light cycles, and a lot of light. for a single plant you'll need at least 200 watts of light (either compact fluorescents or high pressure sodium/metal halide bulbs with a ballast).

8. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

So you want us to beleive that plants won't grow in a green house? After all thats what a GH amounts to, growing inside through a bunch of windows;>)

9. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

But a greenhouse would have more direct sunlight and for the right photoperiods (assuming you are growing in the correct season) True, you could move your plant around from window to window in your house keeping it in the sunlight, but thats way too much work for me and growing a pot plant in a window isn't the smartest thing to do if marijuana isn't legal in your country.

10. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

as ganjaking pointed out, a greenhouse is not a window. a window receives light from one direction only, and will give your plant direct sunlight only a couple of hours each day at best. a greenhouse allows direct light all day long. and for reference, a cannabis plant won't even grow in a greenhouse if you decide to start a grow in the fall or winter (unless you're in the southern hemishphere). they need long daylight hrs (late spring, summer) to go through vegetative growth, then shorter light (fall) to flower. no window will offer this kind of proper light cycle.

11. VV Rocks

VV Rocks Guest

How much weed does a mature plant yield? Thanks

12. CyborgGold

CyborgGold Guest

That all depends on the strain, how big you veg before flowering, your grow method (ie topping, trellace work, pruning, etc), and several other factors. However, you can get a good idea of what to expect under normal conditions for each strain online.

13. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

at the least 1 month veg. then 2 months flowering.

14. lightman

lightman Guest

Dear members,

Those of you who do not think LED grow lights work you are mistaken, you clearly have not used them.

All of my plants far exceed the growth rates when using sodium or MH.

95% of all light from a sodium or MH is not used compared to 100% light absorbtion using leds.

Over the next few years the EU will be banning all Sodium lights in order to save energy and reduce carbon footprints. Right now across Europe and already in the U.S fruit and vegetable farmers have been using LED grow lights to cultivate their crops.

WHY?????

Because they use 80% less electricity.... Imagine that 80% less electricity, that is a serious saving per year on your bills, money saved can be used to improve your business and get ahead of the rest, especially cheap imports.

If you are interested in saving serious amounts of money every time you turn on your sodium or MH lamps then you need to switch to led grow lights so you can start to put an end to those massive bills every month.

so why are you not using them????????

kind regards

Led grow light user