Moderators Wanted!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by skip, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Absolutely spot on! Good post.

2. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Damn, I wish i was 18...

3. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

I'll do it if you need me. Skip, just PM me if theres a forum no one seems to want and you need an extra moderator, i'd love to help out any way I could :)

Peace guys :)

4. Jack-a-Roe72

Jack-a-Roe72 Member

I don't know if you need anymore hands to help, but I could lend one if you need it.

My expertise is salvia and Marijuana... especially Marijuana.

I was a Moderator at another Cannabis growing forum for over a year and I understand the struggles of being a moderator. The forum I was a moderator at was 420meds.tk. The site is defunct now, but I was a loyal member until it closed. I don't particularly like being committed to a website, but as long as I get to talk about what I love (marijuana and politics) then I can manage.

I haven't been here long, but I have been growing pot for years and smoking it for many more years. I haven't carried out a grow in 4 years, but I know a great deal about the subject.

In the next year or two, I hope to carry out a new grow. I have grown indoors with soil, but my expertise primarily lies with outdoor growing and composting.

Hopefully I will get my hands on some of Mdanzig's Masterlow (a nice little autoflowering variety) but definetly Double Gum. We'll see about the Master Low.. Mdanzig doesn't put out many seeds on the net.

I can offer you references if you would like. I am an avid member of Planetskunk.com and ICMAG.com and have been hanging around on forums for years now.

I am 29 years of age without a lot of spare time and a day job, but if you really need the help, I guess I'm here.

Honestly, though, if I were you, I would choose moderators behind closed doors (figuratively speaking, of course) and there would be no open volunteering. If someone asked to be a moderator, they would definetly not be chosen to be a mod. But that is just what I am used to.

Now I'm going to say that I don't like moderators in general. Moderators should be just like normal members, in my opinion. They should not be like police that ban and delete threads left and right. They should never be glorified or patronized or have their asses kissed on a daily basis by envious members or those that want to become moderators themselves. I don't like it when forum administrators let this sort of behavior happen. All moderators should have to answer for their actions. If a member is banned or a thread is deleted or binned, the moderator or administrator responsible should state why the actions were necessary. I prefer a system with many many moderators with just a little bit of basic priveledges as opposed to a forum where there are just a few moderators that wield massive amounts of authority and influence. That is just my opinion.

I was a member at Planetskunk.com for a few years. I saw what was happening with the moderators. The same thing I mentioned above happened here. I banned myself in protest. After Planetskunk cleaned up a bit and the situation with the moderatos changed, I joined again, because, although I did have problems with few members, I also had many friends, and it was worth dealing with the negative people to be around buddies.

I understand you cannot please everybody, nor should you try. This is the internet. It is a public domain, and in the public domain, you have to take the good with the bad.

I also have experience with mental health issues. I graduated with a Minor in social Psychology. Personally, I have been diagnosed with ADD and have the rare condition of Synesthesia.

I also have a great deal of experience with the outdoors. I graduated with a BS in Wildlife Biology. My job is with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. As I live in the North Carolina Mountains, I partake in Kayaking, Golf, Backpacking, hiking, and Fly fishing for stream trout. I love the outdoors and am an avid environmentalist.

So that is my background, Skip. If you still need the help, I'm here, if not, that's just fine as well.

jack/roe

5. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

I would, but alas Im yet a mere 15 year old.

Maybe someday I can be the marijuana mod.....Oh that sounds good :D

6. Jack-a-Roe72

Jack-a-Roe72 Member

It isn't as much fun as it sounds.

7. GAHeroinHead

GAHeroinHead Member

my expertise is in opiates as you can see i post quite heavily in that forum..please pm me with any questions..I'm new but i'll be around for a while..This site is awesome been lookin quite sometime for a place like this...Aahhh home..Love yall be safe -J

8. elover

elover ritz with cheese

I'd love to be a mod...I'll post more until I gain that beautiful title of a senior member or maybe I'll make a donation

9. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

I can only dream...

10. Jack-a-Roe72

Jack-a-Roe72 Member

actually... I'd rather not be a moderator

Although I am sure Skip has made his choices by now

11. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I would like to next year, I cant become a paying supporter until then. As for now I'll just get my 1k posts and finally be a Senior Member. =)

12. The Mind's Eye

The Mind's Eye Member

Im sure I wouldn't be considered, as I'm just a new member. But I would love to mod the dreams forum =]

13. SMOKEE420

SMOKEE420 Member

I would like to be one but i'm not a senior member, well yet :)

14. Pennyroyal_Tea

Pennyroyal_Tea Member

Maybe someday... I'm 18, but not a senior member, and I'm broke... so... Maybe someday...

15. sun-shine

sun-shine Member

I would love to be a moderator. :) You're probably not looking anymore though.

16. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

I'm a mod..in a Belgian motorbike forum..
    been there for some years..modding is not easy at times..
    we are mostly free of spam..or any flamers..or trolls..
    I clashed a few times..I got a big mouth..:(
    so..If I ever would be a mod on Hipforums..
    it would be in the travell section..
    read my journal..for that matter..if you got the time...boooh..:)
    if anyone thinks..I would be a good mod in here..
    give me a shout..I might consider it..I said..I might..
    been a member here few years..I know some peeps here..
    some will say..he's great..others will say..well??
    I'm very DIRECT in my sayings...take it..or leave it..
    old tiger

17. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

Sorry peeps...changed my mind..
    don't count me in as a candidate mod..
    I'm not gonna go for it..
    reason=mods have to be tactful and polite..
    and I can't sometimes..
    if hou have any questions..about travelling..
    I'll be glad to answer them..
    old tiger

18. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yup, mods do need to be diplomatic and tactful. That's why I'm not one! ;)

As far as new mods go, we're not actively looking for more at this time, sorry.

So no need to PM me about it, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.