Morocco, here I come (for 2 weeks?)

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Sunburst, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Allright, here it is: I'm a blank page. I know very little about Morocco so far. In February I'm going to visit a friend in Spain and we plan on heading down to Morocco for one or two weeks. Yes, I know, that's hardly enough time to see anything at all! Sadly, with college starting, it's all the time I have :(

Soo, throw anything at me! Where to go, what to do, costs, getting around, must-sees, whatever you've got! I'm open :D (I love markets and nightlife but I don't want that to be my entire trip, and I'm not so much into museums or history)

2. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

You are sooo lucky!

Visiting Morocco is my dream!

3. ukpepa

ukpepa Member

Hi,I am Pep from uk ,but leaving in France for more than 15 years.I was in Morocco last October with my husband and our friend Williams and his 2 kids.He is,let's say, our guide.In reality, he is just bringing people to Morocco next months,so he wants my hub help to drive one of his cars.What I can say about Morocco is that it is a country where everything is mixed, that is,different landscapes,and an active country.The people are friendly.The costs differs from one place to an other , bt one thing is that msot of teh time you need to huggle prices mainly if you want to buy things from the colourful shops that attract eyes.
    During our stay in Morocco, we depend mostly on campsite as we have our landy and we buy vegs from shops or markets.The days we spent in hotels are good , and the prices are reasonable, and this thanks to the help of our friend Williams who knows Morocco and has got a friend called Mohammed in the sahara desert.It is Mohammed that made most of our trip not cost much.
    We visited Essaouira,Marrakesh, Ourzazate,Sahara desert,Zagoura,then we moved north to Ourzazate,Fes,Meknes,and finally Cueta.
    Each night we used to ask a questions ,what is the best thing in this day , and each one gives his/her view.Mostly ,they come to one point.What I liked myself is driving in offroad and camel ride in the sahra desert and spend the night in berber tent.Mohamed is skilled man in arranging such treks .Here is his email if you need any more information vacationsmorocco@hotmail.com.So,some elements you should not miss are:
    visit Marrakesh.
    sahara desert( riding the camel)
    enjoy local food.
    Hope to come back with my husband and Bill during the next months with bikes.I forget to give you the homepage of mohamd.http:/vacations-morocco.50megs.com/
    have a nice day
    you can post in here, too so that to give you any info you need if i can provide it from my experience
    pep

4. GoloBaz

GoloBaz Guest

im simo im from morocco i live in rabat if you want any help im ready to help this is my msn if you wanna contact me simohamed_33@hotmail.fr