LSD vs Salvia

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by italics, Nov 24, 2007.

1. italics

italics Member

i have done salvia 10x and i want to know how it compares to an acid trip besides the length of it. thanks

2. branflakes

branflakes Member

not at all similar.

3. bigblondeafro87

bigblondeafro87 Member

Apples and oranges my friend. Acid is better IMO because the length allows you to really explore as opposed to just take a glance at the psychedelic realm. You can get to the same places on both, but salvia is just that, a glance. Acid you get to thoroughly explore the depths of your mind and where it can go, good or bad.

4. Tamerlane

Tamerlane Member

Acid is full-blown psychedelia. Salvia is... well... is a different kind. More crammed into less. You know? It overwhelms you totally, for a few minutes. But LSD overwhelms you gradually over a long long time.

5. Pepopstico

Pepopstico Member

LSD is beautiful, Salvia is just weird.
    LSD show you an expanded view of this world, Salvia takes you to a different world.
    LSD is ecstatic, Salvia is neutral or unpleasant.
    LSD insight = "life is sacred", salvia insight = "life is a meaningless hoax".

6. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i agree with salvia insight = "life is a meaningless hoax"

i wouldn't have a year ago, but i think you can only go so far with salvia until you start remembering it afterwards... and i think people who say the whole experience is good or even neutral only remember maybe 5%. it's so difficult to comprehend, it's really a fight to remember any of it beyond "it was weird". but the more you do it, the more familiar it becomes. there came a time for me, at least, when every time i'd find myself thinking "i told myself last time not to do this again and this is why!" and eventually it really sunk in and i stopped.

LSD, i don't know, maybe it's possible that the same could happen with way too heavy use. but i really doubt it. salvia seems to me to show you how reality *could* be in a way that makes you want to kiss the ground once you get back because that's not how it really is. it made me so grateful to have all the freedom and possibilites in this reality. LSD seems to show the present reality as it could be, in a how-it-really-is way. it's a reality you can work towards, a reality that seems like it must have always been there without your noticing. just an atom's width away.

read the book Flatland if you're interested :), i think of salvia as being just like losing a dimension or two, and LSD is like going "up" a dimension. in salvialand there is absolutely less than you believed, and on LSD there is absolutely more than you believed...

i would choose one hit of weak LSD over 500 grams of salvia. hands down. not to say there isn't a lot to be learned from salvia, but, like i said, once you really start remembering your trips your attitude towards them will probably change...

7. elfin1mf

elfin1mf Member

I remember a salvia trip where I became the television program I was watching. I became Fry from Futurama and I was fighting Zoidberg to the death. In salvia world, everything is different but thats because your emotions are less if any but when I came back I was full of sweat because of course Zoidberg sliced me up. I was definately feeling good after coming back from the trip to cartoon world. With acid I never came back, I am still in a completely expanded world that is just way better because of the lsd. It really helps you to be smarter more aware and a better person. I have definately traveled to a different world on LSD, a much more vivid world than a sa;via world. I remember way less from that acid trip than I do from salviua trips. After 40 minutes of taking that acid I remember nothing except walking through the desert completely alone with the sun blaring hyper intensely above my head. It was a world completely covered in sand dunes. I kept traveling on trudging through the golden white sand as the sun just got brighter and brighter. 98% of the trip I have no memory of but that 2% was completely void of this reality.

8. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

I pretty much agree with the above posters. I've only tripped on salvia once, and the best way I can describe it is that I became a door for about 5 minutes. It was not pleasant at all, I learned nothing from it, and upon coming down, I could not imagine how it could ever be pleasant or beneficial in the future, so I've never touched it again. LSD has its ups and downs, and it's certainly very dangerous in its own way, but it's way, way more fun and also (potentially) infinitely more beneficial.

LSD is not at all like becoming a door or a conveyor belt or any of the other crazy shit people always report after a salvia trip. LSD is a traditional psychedelic. Psychedelic means "mind manifesting." Everything that is becomes what it already is times 10. You will feel your body in a whole new way. You will feel your mind in a whole new way. You will experience love and hatred, pleasure and pain, amusement and boredom, light and dark, and everything else infinitely more intensely than ever before. Children and animals become the most magical, beautiful creatures when you're tripping. Dirty, grimey things become repulsive (at least to me). It's a totally different thing. LSD gives you unparalleled access to the functions of the mind and our reality in general, whereas salvia is just a crazy fucking feeling that I really had no desire to repeat.

9. Dark||Nomad

Dark||Nomad Member

I have never done acid, but I tend to only like things that I can found in Nature as far as drugs go.

I love Salvia and I think it can give you a great meaning to life, it just depends on the person and the setting.

I do want to try acid at least once in my lifetime tho.

10. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

Two totaly different Drugs and trips buy far. Not alike at all. LSD is much more enjoyable and fun. I would take a Tab over a few Bong hits of 20x any day of the week ? If anything The only Drug Saliva is comparable to is Smoking a large amount of strong Angel Dust-PCP ? The Saliva trip kind of reminds me or smoking way to much Strong Angel Dust and getting stuck.

11. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

Holy shit dude. This, more than any other comment I've ever heard anyone make about salvia, tells me I should never do salvia again.

12. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

stayloose why did this comment make you stop smoking saliva ? A PCP high is the only other high I can remotely compare the saliva high to.