News media source: choice or chance for you?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Sign Related, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

The source(s) of news media you get (read from and/or watch)...is it by your own choice or by chance?

Some ppl have a favorit source(s) to get their news from. Others catch news by chance. Since the news media is a factor in the persuasion of the mind, the source you get your news from plays a major role in like which presidential candidate you'll root for, correct? Do you feel you've gotten the full scoop on what each candidate is about from the source(s) you get your news from? By the way, name me the news media sources you all usually pay mind to.

Whatever source(s) you get your news from, what are the big issues it speaks about that you think are big issues too?

Does anybody know how the news media gets to state what's a big issue or and what's not? What kind of ppl mainly give the news media the word on an issue? What's the job title of the ppl responsible for deciding what the particular news media will and will not speak on?

Do you ever question the news you get on why they display (or wont display) a certain bit of coverage? What do you do about it? Something or nothing?

The ppl dont contral congress, but should the ppl at least control the news media?

2. Tim-H

Tim-H Member

3. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Because of the type of business I work in, we're supposed to keep a news channel playing on the television (no TV, actually, but a projector that gets cable TV via a sling box) at all times.

My coworkers prefer Fox News, because it's for the simpleminded/retarded population, and you can easily understand the most in-depth analysis they offer while on a conference call resolving a technical issue while suffering from a hangover, reading email, and running stats on something.

CNN is almost as bad- usually when I turn it on, it's some neocon whining about how all non-neocons are traitors against America and are no different from terrorists. Or Nancy Grace dumbing down everything she covers to something that could translate into simple grunts. And hour after hour of coverage of Britney Spears or whatever other celebrity they're using as a WMD.

Since we have stereo also, I just put on streaming audio and blast the roof off the place. There's nothing like night shift!