Who's Gonna Greet You in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Goddess Om, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

Hey Everyone, Thank Goddess I found you! Even if I am probably on the other side of the planet...
    I just fell in love with Jim Morrison all over again when a cool friend did some video clip CDs for me and on one he put Jim Morrison and The Doors' performance on the Ed Sullivan show in the sixties.
    Oh my f#ck, what a sexy man in his soft black leather pants, jacket and white shirt...and the way he stands and moves...he sang Light My Fire and he certainly did light mine...oh my yes, he did...
    I have this thought that I entertain myself with sometimes...a question...who would I like to see standing at heaven's door to welcome be back? I had been thinking Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin, with his blonde curls and pursed lips and standing with his legs crossed the way he does in front of the microphone....maybe saying "Does anyone remember laughter?" and we'd both break up. But now I am conflicted...Jim Morrison might decide he'd like to complete my sexual and poetic education...mmmm
    Love, Peace & Bliss
    (Arielle)
    Goddess Om

2. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

George Harrison...I'd love to see him welcoming me home!!

I love Jim Morrison too...I was a kid in the sixties, and saw him only in the teen magazines around then...but as an adult, I started really getting into his music...yep, he is sexy alright!

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

no one famous for me... I hope to see my grandfather when i get to heaven.... i miss him, he passed away last fall and it hit me hard, he always took care of me, if i wanted anything in the world he wold get it for me.............................................................!

4. asnakeinthegrass

asnakeinthegrass Member

famous people would be fine, but the people in my life who have passed on would be better, my mom,and my grandparents, my best friend, cathy, who died in 91, she was only 32 and my other good friend, jamie who died in 94, she was only 19. those are the people that really matter and who I hope are there to greet me

5. teepi

teepi living my dream

I read the book "The 5 people we meet in Heaven" and it is such a sweet story of meeting people who our lives touch thou we had no clue.

I can't wait to see my mom who I lost from here when I was 7.
    And my dog Elmer, who got me through some rough foster home time.
    And the sister whom I've never met, she was left behind in Cuba.

And the people who's lives I've hopefully touched, and who have touched mine.
    teepi

6. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

Goddess Om..I happen to think Jim Morrison is the sexiest thing that ever walked the face of the earth..lol YUMMY..oh yeah. Could you imagine what it would have been like to have been with him? PHEW...back to reality gurl...ANYWAY..I'd have to say I'd want to see my mama greeting me..no doubt about it. Celebrity wise....Jerry Garcia....his kind words have brought me comfort sooooo many times while listening to his music. That voice is just beautiful to me.

7. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

Jim Morrison fo' sho'... I used to be obsessed with that man. I would also love to give the guy in my sig a big hug and kiss and tell him that there were lots of people out there that adored him and still do.

And deceased members of my family of course.

8. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

I would like to see my beautiful daughter Amy that I lost to cystic fibrosis in 2000..she was 25 and had two lovely daughters..that would be happiness to me.. I miss her so..I would love to see my mama and daddy too.. I have lost so many loved ones lately I wonder why I still remain..

the celb I'd most like to talk to would be John Lennon..

9. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

I also have some close family I'd love to see when I pass on from here. My daughter had a little boy, Lucas, who died of Sudden Infant Death Sydndrome when he was only four months old. We had so many feelings of what a wonderful man he would grow up to be, so maybe when I get there I will find him all grown up and as beautiful as we believed.
    I have my father, who died when I was five, and my grandparents, aunties and uncles. Also my friend Herb, whose anniversary (of his passing) was yesterday, nine years ago. Also all the wonderful animals over the years whose love has so enriched our lives. I know for sure they will be there. There will be a big reunion, for sure.

10. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

PLEASE, Tell me more about this book? You can email or PM it to me if you like.
    Also, I think You're a member of MY Forums?
    I might like reading it.

11. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Onto the question. I expect several pets, only in thier true spirit forms.
    John Denver, and I'd like to see Gramma again.

12. celeste

celeste Member

To me Heaven is a state of mind,upon death I'll turn back into pure energy,poof! ;)

13. Maes

Maes Senior Member

if people can look down at us from heaven, then how are we supposed to masturbate properly? When our grandparents are looking at us or something..that's sick!

people in heaven should only see heaven.

14. teepi

teepi living my dream

Souls in heaven are not concerned with things like that.
    You have no reason to be ashamed.

Its normal to masturbate anyhow.

It is far sicker how some treat others.

Maes...do you know alot about Cuba???

15. Maes

Maes Senior Member

I know, I was kidding. but I seriously had that feeling when I was 15 or something.

I dont know a lot about Cuba but I read things about it, since I study development theories and international political economy. Why did you ask?

16. teepi

teepi living my dream

I saw your post in another thread about gardening there.
    The reason I am curious is that my mother was from there. She died when I was 7 and my father tells me nothing.
    I have a sister there from my moms first marriage that I have never seen and only have recieved one letter from, back when my mom died.
    So I was just curious if you had lived there or knew alot about it.
    Thanks anyway...
    teepi

17. Maes

Maes Senior Member

I'm sorry man, I could help if I were in Cuba :(

18. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

My Mee-Maw ( Grandmother) is going to be there with arms wide open and smiling that beautiful smile that only grandmother's have.

19. abudman

abudman Member

Heaven don't want me and hell's afraid I'll take over. Don't know where I'll end up. Sure there will be a lot of righteous people either place. Just hope to be with my dog again. Told her to look for me...

20. teepi

teepi living my dream

I know where you'll end up....
    And she's gonna be awaitin' on ya.

Haven't seen you around, glad you're here,
    teepi