Best way to come down?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by peaceful_son, Oct 23, 2007.

1. peaceful_son

peaceful_son Member

hi all
    i've done acid twice the first time coming down wasn't bad at all but that was mainly because the acid was of poor quality, the second time was a bit more intense, i felt really burnt out and tired and stuff. Anyway i was wondering if any of you have the sure fire way of lessening the come down or any advice on what to do to help. Any input would be most welcome! Cheers
    peace

2. PlacidPete

PlacidPete Member

smoke weed.

3. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

What is happening to you is that you are still unfamiliar with new feelings that you feel on acid, and beeing like that, the energy flow is disturbed, it is not flowing freely and plenty of it stays in you, cosing your body to overload. Don't warry, it happens, try every next time to get into it with more open mind without fears and try to learn what you are feeling, do it with your friends and share the expirience as you are learning like that the fastest. You might realize that some kind of telephaty is happening between you guys, and that is a good sign, that is happening when energy is flowing.
    Don't search for anything in particular, just welcome anything that comes your way and enjoy it. Every next time you should feel more and more like you are at home on acid. When you feel too much like you are home, it is time to increase the dose a bit in order to continue to learn.
    Hope this helped and open your mind..... not your mouth, mind! ;)

4. PlacidPete

PlacidPete Member

so shapeshifter, you dont have bad come downs? feeling drained etc??

5. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

Never, I usually don't sleep for 2-3 nights, and even go to work after that. As I said, you only feel drained when you don't enjoy your trip and that can happen for 2 reasons:
    1. you are not complete person and still looking for who you are and that drains you
    2. You had much bigger dose that you can handle because of reason number 1, or it is too hactic as you are not familiar with new feelings that bigger dose is bringing with it, and instead of letting Lucy to give you new lesson you resist.

If you fully enjoy your trip, it doesn't drain you, on the contrary, it recharges you and you are full of energy for the whole week, even month, depends on the dose or discovery.

6. PlacidPete

PlacidPete Member

cool, good to know

what about during the trip. i always get body load etc. cant move around toooo elegently

7. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

blaze up, watch movies, pass out.

Ive come down without weed many times...acids comedown is very smooth and gradual for me

8. Ayzcrava

Ayzcrava Member

Maybe this soudns weird but I like the LSD comedown. Usually I take in the in the evening so comming down from the trip is in the morning. If its a sunny morning I'll sit outside, drink a bit, eat a bit and then go to sleep as soon as all the effects are gone. WHen I wake up Im usually back to normal, if anything a bit slow with less thoughts. But that goes in a day.

9. LSD ASAP

LSD ASAP Member

Very good post Shapesifter! Moving on while on acid is not a problem also. That also came for me later. You are more in the sort of not feeling your body and with that feeling you can move easily. I won't say it's mechanicly but almost like that. You don't think how you gonna move to there you just do it actually your brain does it while you can think of what you wanted to get or something else.
    That's the best way how I can describe it. Hope it helped.

10. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

LSD should not make you feel drained. if it did i would have to agree with shapeshifter. there are many ways that one can have a better psychedelic experience. do more research and pay attention to 'set and setting'. look into meditation - learning to harness and let flow your own energy will help you on your trips.

weed is good as well!

11. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

This is a very bad approach! If you are taking acid to do that, you are wasting acid, rather take a can of glue, sniff the fuck out of it, and you will have the same effect!

Acid is too precious for just passing out on movies!

12. Ayzcrava

Ayzcrava Member

The only reason I'm tired after LSD is because I'm phisically tired from staying up 48 hours. I just enjoy tripping at night too much, which is why I end up still feeling trippy at 11-12 in the morning or even past noon. Usually by that point I decide I might aswell not sleep, and feel really .. funny for a day. Not funny but just good; and happy, like I need know sleep but somehow knów i'm exhausted from not sleeping in such a long time.
    Then I usually sleep.. and its great. But the LSD itself doesn't really have.. a bad comedown, and deffinatly not a hangover. Didn't make that cler in my last post, I just though you ment that when you're seeing your last few visuals and can't sleep and figure you might aswell stay up kind of thing.

13. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

You see,
    we usually down it around 21:30, or even before that and than we put our daughter to sleep. Than we trip whole night and in the morning my daughter is waking up, so we do not have that privilege to sleep when we want. And that situation actually taught us one very important thing, if you say to yourself that you should be tired because you didn't sleep whole night, you will be tired, but if you realize that if your mind is happy, the body doesn't have any choise except to listen to the mind, you actually don't get tired, you get more recharged that night that you didn't sleep, then if you sleep. I actually always feel much fresher and fuller of energy and willing to do everything after a night like that, than after the night I slept. So we very often continue next night also without sleeping, and even the third one, and even after that I go streight to work, and rest only when I come back from work. I know it sounds crazy to you now, but thats one of the things acid and circumstances thought us.

14. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

i used a small amount of herb while coming down from my acid trip, and it was very pleasant. If you have trouble falling asleep but want too, take a melatonin supliment.

15. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

man. whoever thought the acid comdown is bad dont ever take a bunch of pills or anything like that.

acid comdown is great. its a time of reflecttion and thinking, talking to your friends in a new way. exitment even about what has happened, your new excitment for life, wondering how you will live and fit back into your life with what you just experienced and discovered.

only thing would be the lack of sleep if you dose at night. having to stay up all the next day cause of parents or somthing. but for me its wonderfull. actually one time i had an unpleasent trip the whole next day was unpleasant.

but usually its full of exitement about life. and damn thats a good feeling.

compared to coming down off 4 or 5 pills. holy shit

16. bigblondeafro87

bigblondeafro87 Member

Last time I tripped, I followed a plan that will follow from here to eternity. Dose around 7, and from there enjoy your trip, but plan to sleep at or around 4-5. Go to bed but set a mental alarm for just before sunrise (if you know how). These few hours feel like the best night sleep of your life and will be filled with meaningful dreams.

Wake up refreshed and invigorated. Toke with your choice of weed/ opium/ tobacco at the beaty of the sunrise. After this go eat a medium sized healthy breakfast of your choice and drink a cup of tea or coffee. As soon as possible after this, do whatever it is that is your outlet (for me it would be the art form of music). After this you will be absolutely exhausted to the bone. Collapse onto your bed of choice and sleep until either dawn the next day or onto a beautiful Sunny Sunday. Then Proceed out on to the lawns and smoke weed with good buddies. Have a good time and practice your new discoveries.

Jamming all day, I remember inspirations I had the night before. I get flashbacks of pure joy and the music flows out like a life giving rain, a forest of birch permeated with a smiling fog. Pursue your inner self while pouring it into your art. From here on out you will be a much much happier person. I'm so glad I discovered this recipe for happiness and even physical benefits.

THIS is how you deal with that problem haha. I feel complete now thanks for listening, this is WNYC 9.38 with Captain Moon, at your service.

17. carosselll

carosselll Member

I have a question to ask.

On my first trip I decided to try it in private, and also ended probably taling a little too much. I had a very very disturbed yet incredible evening. I have to say it was scary. unlike other trips i have had since, i truly lost grip of reality, yet the whole experience felt a real journey of discovery. As though i was right to be scared but had to keep going.

At one point i had some thoughts into the way i lead my life, as we all do from time to time. However for some reason this time it seemed so easy to accept the truth and "flow?"
    It sounds a bit corny but i had a true feeling of having touched something else, like i was full of light. i dont want to say reborn but the next day was very different for me, and i think all the days since may be as well. I struggle to make sense of what i thought about for hours on my own in my front room and on the balcony but after that long winded intro here is my question.

What is that picture in your sig?

When i was standing on the balcony looking over the town the relaity sort of shifted and everything looked very "tron" like. I dont remember exactly how it was but i felt as though i was traveling along these white grid lines very fast with a bright light in front. Its what i now imagine the edge of reality looks like. Like i say i dont remember "it" i just know it happened and i saw it and what it felt like. the picture i have in my head is blurred capture of motion and speed.
    Strange thing is although i couldnt of draw a picture, i see you have. I would like to know what that is for you.

I have never had a trip so intense since, but im hoping it will hapen again.

18. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You are a god.

19. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

i enjoy acid come downs. i usually turn on some music or a movie ive seen a million times and just reflect on all thats happened. its a good thinking period because my mind can drift so freely and carelessy. the only bad thing is is when im thinking i wish i had some more acid when im coming down.

20. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

That picture in my sig is painting by Alex Grey called Theologue. Go to his web site http://www.alexgrey.com/ and check the painitngs, you might find plenty more things witch might remind you on something during the trip. Even better, try to look at his paintings during the trip, you will see completely new dimension to everything.
    If you hope to have trip like that again, have some acid and add a line or two of Kethamine or smoke some DMT, it enhances expirience a lot, but I mean a lot.