Posted October 18 2007 - 07:15 PM

how do u guys do it?

#2 Turpo64

Turpo64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted October 18 2007 - 07:19 PM

ummm well its not really possible to explain easily or at all. Because you could get fluffy buds that weight practically nothing, tight as rock buds and everything inbetween and so the grams always going to look different until u break it up. But after a while you can just sort of tell. I have a scale though so i never need 2 do that anymore.

#3 jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man

TBD

• 23,731 posts

Posted October 18 2007 - 07:21 PM

experience

Fish meat is practically a vegetable...

#4 slybond

slybond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 04:11 AM

roughly two bowl packs

#5 TheShow

TheShow

• 4,453 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 05:59 AM

because every bowl is the exact same.
Posted Image

#6 jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man

TBD

• 23,731 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 06:37 AM

because every bowl is the exact same.

really now? :confused:

#7 TheShow

TheShow

• 4,453 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 06:50 AM

yep all bowls have now been standardized to be roughly .5g to allow slybond to be right. I hate when people say shit like an 1/8 is 7 bowl packs almost as much as I hate when people talk about pot like they're a user; it ain't heroin folks. I've had bowls that were 1/4 gram bowl packs, I've had bowls that took over an entire 1/8. Don't even get started on how loosely or densely you pack that shit.
Posted Image

#8 jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man

TBD

• 23,731 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 07:20 AM

^^^ right.. i didnt acknowledge the poster before and now i notice the sarcasm LoL.. im sure ya felt mine

#9 DonVito

DonVito

• PipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 08:02 AM

hahaha i just got like 4 new pipes and each one has different size bowls. the the OP just get some scales its never right when you eyeball it. also another good point is how can you eyeball weight? LOL. from my experience no matter how close it "looks" to a gram its still off by a little depending how the weed is like Turpo64 said. i always hate when someone wants to buy a little from my persona. i dont want to say no so i just break it up a little and try to get two joints for like 10 bucks. usually a doobie is 5 bucks around here.

#10 DroneLore

DroneLore

h8rs gon h8, I stay based

• Members
  • 5,916 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 08:13 AM

I've had bowls that took over an entire 1/8.

o_o Holy shit....do you have any pictures?

#11 ClonaTHC

ClonaTHC

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 10:05 AM

Lol. You could have a bowl with the hardest bud ever, and with the dryest and lightest shit going. Doesn't mean its half gram. I knew a guy who had one that could fit a 1/4 of light shit. Eyeballing comes with experience, so don't go directly to dealers you don't know that well, because they know when they can get away with selling less.

#12 TheShow

TheShow

• 4,453 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 01:04 PM

not right now but when I start smoking again soon I'll go back to my buddies house and get a picture of this bubbler, I think he still has it. It took about a nalgene of water.

Yeah joker, I felt your sarcasm and assumed you missed mine. You know I'm smarter than that.
Posted Image

#13 WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN

a pothead

• Members
  • 3,441 posts

Posted October 20 2007 - 10:51 AM

wish I still had this one, usta calll it the chimney. could fit 1.5 -2 grams of ground up weed in there easily, youd be puffin for a while. God I miss those days.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 slybond

slybond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted October 20 2007 - 12:28 PM

alright i was going on the idea that we werent talking about one hitters or party bowls, im talkin standard bowl, when ground up, i eyeball grams by putting it in the corner of a plastic bag, twisting the bag making it tight around the weed. then i put it in my bowl to see if it could possibly pack it twice. its not perfect, i just know the size of my bowl fits .5 grams...

i know a kid with this steamroller and it easily handles an 1/8th

http://www.chunkygla...-steamroll.html

#15 mortes

mortes

• 1,176 posts

Posted October 20 2007 - 02:37 PM

Eyeballing is easy. 1 gram= 1 blunt. Grind the weed up if you can't tell. Other than that get a scale if you're a noob. Then learn from repeated weighs on the scale. Keep a mental image of what 1 gram looks like, and from there you should be able to roughly eyeball a gram.

Jerry: Hey, thanks for sharing your feelings with me Mike. Smoking's totally not cool. I'm glad we feel the same way.

Mike: Really?

Jerry: No, limp dick! I'm going to light up a fat blunt and then I'm going to rape your mouth!

#16 DonVito

DonVito

• PipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted October 20 2007 - 03:17 PM

wow man you much roll some skimpy blunts. ive never rolled a blunt with less then like 20 sack usually a whole eigth LOL. spliffs on the other hand are smaller so i think thats what u ment those use less.

#17 TheShow

TheShow

• 4,453 posts

Posted October 20 2007 - 05:05 PM

alright i was going on the idea that we werent talking about one hitters or party bowls, im talkin standard bowl, when ground up, i eyeball grams by putting it in the corner of a plastic bag, twisting the bag making it tight around the weed. then i put it in my bowl to see if it could possibly pack it twice. its not perfect, i just know the size of my bowl fits .5 grams...

i know a kid with this steamroller and it easily handles an 1/8th
http://www.chunkygla...-steamroll.html

there is no standard bowl size
Posted Image

#18 stormyy

stormyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted October 20 2007 - 05:24 PM

Get yourself a tiny keychain postal scale. Cheap, easy, accurate.

#19 Beckner420

Beckner420

troll

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted October 20 2007 - 05:27 PM

Ive eyeballed over 100 grams and ive always been right, with the exeption of a few .1's but who gives a fuck. 1 gram should be the size of a dimebag, thats all there is to it. If its really dry/puffy/wet make exeptions. Never mind youve seen grams before many times, just have to "reproduce" what youve already seen.

#20 slybond

slybond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted October 21 2007 - 07:26 AM

there is no standard bowl size

ok ok, average bowl. i would say the average bowl is .5, yes there are smaller and bigger bowls but when im looking for a piece its gotta be atleast .5. whats the point of a bowl that only holds one hit?

#21 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic

'Nuff Said

• Members
  • 6,325 posts

Posted October 21 2007 - 08:21 AM

ok ok, average bowl. i would say the average bowl is .5, yes there are smaller and bigger bowls but when im looking for a piece its gotta be atleast .5. whats the point of a bowl that only holds one hit?

my bowl holds .3-.4 if i pack it hellaa tight. and i can get almost 10 hits off that bitch.

Posted Image

"With the catching end the pleasures of the chase."

-- Abraham Lincoln

#22 M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • 3,768 posts

Posted October 21 2007 - 09:13 PM

The point of a bowl that only holds one hit is simple.....not everyone likes to get "blasted" every time they smoke. When you have decent enough weed and you just want a quick toke, a nice dug-out&bat work well....even just a one hitter little bowl. The point being, if you have decent enough weed, one hit every now and then will work wonders ;)

Im not paranormal or anything, but i figure i "eyeball" a gram with my eyes ;)
I post bullshit.

Posted Image

#23 M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • 3,768 posts

Posted October 21 2007 - 09:16 PM

Sorry for the double post, and being off topic.....kinda. But my buddy had a hookah that would hold roughly an Oz of smoke. Definately a waste of weed, but made a nice party bowl ;)
I post bullshit.

Posted Image

#24 salmon4me

salmon4me

• 4,111 posts

Posted October 21 2007 - 11:38 PM

You guess.
*Know the law where you live. Take my advice only if it is legal for you to do so.:piggy:

#25 slybond

slybond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 08:45 AM

The point of a bowl that only holds one hit is simple.....not everyone likes to get "blasted" every time they smoke. When you have decent enough weed and you just want a quick toke, a nice dug-out&bat work well....even just a one hitter little bowl. The point being, if you have decent enough weed, one hit every now and then will work wonders ;)

Im not paranormal or anything, but i figure i "eyeball" a gram with my eyes ;)

ya but im not talking about a dug out or bat, i mean those one hitter slides, one hitter bubblers, ect... im talking about anything bigger than a spoon with a one hitter bowl. who takes one bong rip?

#26 slaterr

slaterr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 02:02 PM

ive taken one bong rip
ive taken one gravity hit
ive takin one pipe hit
when you smoke constantly through the day every little while you get more and more stoned for the whole day rather than just one sesh lasting a couple hours
ive done it when i have nothing to do and i just sit at home smoking little bits at a time

Posted Image

What does high score mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

#27 slybond

slybond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 02:51 PM

ive taken one bong rip
ive taken one gravity hit
ive takin one pipe hit
when you smoke constantly through the day every little while you get more and more stoned for the whole day rather than just one sesh lasting a couple hours
ive done it when i have nothing to do and i just sit at home smoking little bits at a time

alright well thats the first time iv heard that, then i guess my argument is no longer valid

#28 Twizz

Twizz

Drug Conoisseur

• Members
  • 3,026 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 07:32 PM

OKAY IM GONNA ANSWER THIS RIGHT SO LISTEN

Eyeballing a gram is a term. It's just judging by what you see and feel to make sure it's a gram. Things to consider are :

Is it compressed?
Is it wet?
Is it sticky?
Is it stemmy? (stems weight a LOT less than bud, but they're still extra weight.)
Is it seedy? (seeds add a lot of weight.)

and obviously the size makes a difference.

It's an aquired ability. You just somehow know you can eyeball a gram one day.

You wake up and it just coarses through your veins. You can feel it.

* Twizz is NOT a medical professional, and none of the information that he provides has been directly confirmed by a registered doctor. Should you have any serious concerns, please contact a licenced physician and don't ask a bunch of random people in a forum. *

#29 mortes

mortes

• 1,176 posts

Posted October 23 2007 - 06:27 AM

THERE IS NO STANDARD period. Bowls around here are usually about .3, but anywhere else they could be whatever. Pipe size is different than a bowl of weed. I usually give out .3-.4 if someone wants a bowl. However if your area is flooded with fat chunky pipes that load a gram, you'd have to dish out more, but it's whateva.

Jerry: Hey, thanks for sharing your feelings with me Mike. Smoking's totally not cool. I'm glad we feel the same way.

Mike: Really?

Jerry: No, limp dick! I'm going to light up a fat blunt and then I'm going to rape your mouth!

#30 ScrappytheChampa

ScrappytheChampa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted October 23 2007 - 06:40 AM

Get yourself a tiny keychain postal scale. Cheap, easy, accurate.

For the win!

If you aren't comfortable eye balling buy a scale until you are.