how do u eyeball a gram?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by microphone222, Oct 18, 2007.

1. microphone222

microphone222 Member

how do u guys do it?

2. Turpo64

Turpo64 Member

ummm well its not really possible to explain easily or at all. Because you could get fluffy buds that weight practically nothing, tight as rock buds and everything inbetween and so the grams always going to look different until u break it up. But after a while you can just sort of tell. I have a scale though so i never need 2 do that anymore.

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

experience

4. slybond

slybond Member

roughly two bowl packs

5. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

because every bowl is the exact same.

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

really now? :confused:

7. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

yep all bowls have now been standardized to be roughly .5g to allow slybond to be right. I hate when people say shit like an 1/8 is 7 bowl packs almost as much as I hate when people talk about pot like they're a user; it ain't heroin folks. I've had bowls that were 1/4 gram bowl packs, I've had bowls that took over an entire 1/8. Don't even get started on how loosely or densely you pack that shit.

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

^^^ right.. i didnt acknowledge the poster before and now i notice the sarcasm LoL.. im sure ya felt mine

9. DonVito

DonVito Senior Member

hahaha i just got like 4 new pipes and each one has different size bowls. the the OP just get some scales its never right when you eyeball it. also another good point is how can you eyeball weight? LOL. from my experience no matter how close it "looks" to a gram its still off by a little depending how the weed is like Turpo64 said. i always hate when someone wants to buy a little from my persona. i dont want to say no so i just break it up a little and try to get two joints for like 10 bucks. usually a doobie is 5 bucks around here.

10. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

o_o Holy shit....do you have any pictures?

11. ClonaTHC

ClonaTHC Member

Lol. You could have a bowl with the hardest bud ever, and with the dryest and lightest shit going. Doesn't mean its half gram. I knew a guy who had one that could fit a 1/4 of light shit. Eyeballing comes with experience, so don't go directly to dealers you don't know that well, because they know when they can get away with selling less.

12. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

not right now but when I start smoking again soon I'll go back to my buddies house and get a picture of this bubbler, I think he still has it. It took about a nalgene of water.

Yeah joker, I felt your sarcasm and assumed you missed mine. You know I'm smarter than that.

13. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

wish I still had this one, usta calll it the chimney. could fit 1.5 -2 grams of ground up weed in there easily, youd be puffin for a while. God I miss those days.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. slybond

slybond Member

alright i was going on the idea that we werent talking about one hitters or party bowls, im talkin standard bowl, when ground up, i eyeball grams by putting it in the corner of a plastic bag, twisting the bag making it tight around the weed. then i put it in my bowl to see if it could possibly pack it twice. its not perfect, i just know the size of my bowl fits .5 grams...

i know a kid with this steamroller and it easily handles an 1/8th

http://www.chunkyglasspipes.com/12-inch-steamroll.html

15. mortes

mortes Senior Member

Eyeballing is easy. 1 gram= 1 blunt. Grind the weed up if you can't tell. Other than that get a scale if you're a noob. Then learn from repeated weighs on the scale. Keep a mental image of what 1 gram looks like, and from there you should be able to roughly eyeball a gram.

16. DonVito

DonVito Senior Member

wow man you much roll some skimpy blunts. ive never rolled a blunt with less then like 20 sack usually a whole eigth LOL. spliffs on the other hand are smaller so i think thats what u ment those use less.

17. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

there is no standard bowl size

18. stormyy

stormyy Member

Get yourself a tiny keychain postal scale. Cheap, easy, accurate.

19. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Ive eyeballed over 100 grams and ive always been right, with the exeption of a few .1's but who gives a fuck. 1 gram should be the size of a dimebag, thats all there is to it. If its really dry/puffy/wet make exeptions. Never mind youve seen grams before many times, just have to "reproduce" what youve already seen.

20. slybond

slybond Member

ok ok, average bowl. i would say the average bowl is .5, yes there are smaller and bigger bowls but when im looking for a piece its gotta be atleast .5. whats the point of a bowl that only holds one hit?