Is It Safe To Mix Hydrocodone and Oxycodone together

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by OhhSherri, Oct 13, 2007.

1. OhhSherri

OhhSherri Member

I have one oxycodone 10/650 and two hydro 10/325, separately they are not enough for me to get off on, but if I took them together, they would be. I have never mixed them and want to be sure it's safe. My tolerence for either is fairly high. I have tried to look this up on the internet and nothing comes up except advertisements for online pharmacies selling both drugs. So does anyone know first hand if it is safe to mix the two?

2. seeingblind

seeingblind Member

yes as long as you have enough tolerance to handle that dose you should be fine, smoking opium is essentially morphine, codeine, thebeine and other alkaloids all at once. i dont think that should be a problem in fact it sounds very nice right now

3. midnightblue

midnightblue Member

A better mixture would be hydromorphone 12mg and oxycotin 40mg. :D

4. LightBred

LightBred Member

keep up with the amount of acetaminophen you put in your body

5. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

Mixing codeine with codeine is usually not a problem.......

6. jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka Member

neither are codeine

7. zaljereck

zaljereck Guest

Actually....yes they are. There is a common misconception that Oxycodone is morphine based....it isn't. They are both Codeine based. I have talked with my Pharmacists in great detail about the difference between Hydro and Oxy. They're pretty much the same drug, just different potency. About a 2 to 1 ratio. In other words, if you have two 5/325 Hydrocodone, that would equal about the same effects as a 512(5mg/325)Oxycodone. If you have any other questions regarding either of these two drugs, please PM me, I'd be glad to help.

Good Day.

8. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Wrong.

Oxycodone is synthesized from Thebaine, codeine isn't. Codeine is found in Poppys, Oxycodone isn't. You really shouldn't post information you know NOTHING about, it's not safe.

That is the worst information I have read on this forum, ever. Oxycodone is codeine based? Haha, wow. Learn some things before you attempt at answering a post, it's not safe to post false information.

Morphine AND Codeine are both derived from poppys. Oxycodone is synthesized from Thebaine. Where do you get your information? How did the "pharmacists" you know ever pass the PCAT? LOL.

Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are not similar, in strength, or chemically.

Codeine and Oxycodone are so different from each other it's amazing that someone is claiming that Oxycodone is Codeine based. Haha. This is honestly the most false information I have seen on this forum in my entire time here.

Good day.

9. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

^lmao I was gonna write the same shit but I knew u4ia would do it, so I saved myself the time of typing it all out heheh.

10. zaljereck

zaljereck Guest

Never said they were the same thing. "Oxycodone is a strong narcotic pain-reliever and cough suppressant similar to morphine, codeine and hydrocodone. The precise mechanism of action is not known but may involve stimulation of opioid receptors in the brain. Oxycodone increases pain tolerance and decreases discomfort, but the presence of pain is still apparent. In addition to pain reduction, oxycodone also causes sedation and respiratory depression. The FDA approved oxycodone in 1976."

So are we playing symatecs? I never stated they were THE SAME THING. I never though they were. I simply stated that they are both Codeine based pills. Thebane is VERY simlar to Codeine. It's found in Opium. And again very very similar to Codeine. My information is and was not harmful in any way what-so-ever. I'm sorry that you feel that way. And the discussion was about Hydrocodone and Oxycodone....are the both safe to take together? ABSOLUTELY. I mean everyone's body is different and you never know, but medically it makes sense because they are pretty much the same pill. According to globalrph.com 1 7.5 Hydrocodone is equal to 5mg of Oxycodone. So basically, the Oxy is a bit strong by 1.5 times. Other than that, the chemical make up is pretty much the same. If we aren't splitting hair and trying to start arguments that is.

11. Feelings Of U4ia

You said Oxycodone is Codeine based. Wrong.

You said "both" are codeine based pills, which....is wrong! So you really don't have a response. Nothing of what you are saying makes sense. Codeine and Thebaine being similar is wrong. So just stop....you have not a clue what you are getting into.

You are wrong, this is your second post, you have no idea what you are trying to get into. I will just again say you are wrong, and advise you to stop. Thanks.

12. The Mushroom Man

The Mushroom Man Member

As much of an ass as u4ia is being, I've got to agree with him. I don't really know much about pharmacology, but I do know that neither oxy or hydro break down into codeine or morphine (which is why neither are usually detected in a standard drug test). So based on that, I assume that if they were codeine based, then they would break down into it, which would lead to them being detected in a drug test, which they are not. If I am way outa the ballpark here, please tell me, but that just seems logical.

But seriously, u4ia, chill the fuck out on the guy. His info was harmful in any way, and you just have such a holier-than-thou tone, it makes it really hard for people to take advice or corrections from you.

The Mushroom Man

13. Feelings Of U4ia

Sorry, but I don't take kindly to people making their FIRST post as attacking another person for being wrong, when they are giving wrong information.

If you know what you are talking about, I have no problem.

14. zaljereck

zaljereck Guest

I would like to know what your qualifications are please? Do you have any?

15. zaljereck

zaljereck Guest

Not to mention you still don't disagree obviously that Hydro and Oxy aren't safe to take together. So Dr. Bob....in you're opinion...are they safe to take together. I would like to hear what you have to say on the subject, being only 23 and such a drug expert.

16. zaljereck

zaljereck Guest

"thebaine is chemically similar to both morphine and codeine" quoted from Wiki....maybe you should create a new Wiki page since you're the ongoing expert on Oxy and Thebaine.

17. Feelings Of U4ia

I have already posted everything explaining why you were wrong, if you are having trouble understanding it, just keep re-reading it.

Please don't continue with me, it's not helping this at all.

Oxycodone and Hydrocodone taken together is not a dangerous combo. Obviously you need to worry about the APAP, but those two substances combined is not going to give any sort of negative interaction.

18. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

U4ia came off as pretty harsh (which is normal for him :D), but you DID post incorrect information.

Thebaine is SIMILAR to codeine, but by itself causes DYSPHORIA. It must be altered in order to form oxycodone, which will cause EUPHORIA. Codeine by itself causes euphoria, and does not need to be altered. Hydro & Oxy is safe, just judge your dosage correctly.

:hat:

19. Eagles06

Eagles06 Member

ok, everyone chill.... but yes, U4ia is right in this argument... the one thing the OP said that is tru is that Oxy and Hydro are simliar but Oxy is 1.5x stronger than Hydro not twice the strength.

20. Feelings Of U4ia

This is questionable, but I would say 1.5x is correct. My friend who is in his third year of pharmacy school tries to tell me that Oxycodone is no stronger then Hydrocodone. Remind me never to go to that school.