lsd made with moldy rye bread

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by tokerof420, Oct 7, 2007.

1. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

I had a buddy that grew ergot mycelium out on agar up north, that was sooooo cooool.

2. sizzlemeat

sizzlemeat Guest

I know, I know, resurrecting a thread from the dead! (=

BUT about 2 years ago I recieved a recipe for rye mold acid blotters from a friend's aunt, who got the recipe from her husband who got the recipe from a Hell's Angel in the 70s. The recipe itself insn't too complicated and I KNOW it's not actual LSD, and that acid is super complicated what with needed understanding of photosynthesis and all, and "if it was so easy to make everyone would be fried" BUT this doesn't seem too far fetched

My friend's aunt said it works fine, but I've been too lazy to try concocting it, and after doing research on the possible gangrenous effects of Ergot, I don't think I ever will!

25 lbs of Rye Grain Seed, 8 Oranges

Spread the rye grain in a large BLACK containing bay

Douse the rye grain with water from a spray bottle.

Chop up the oranges whole and place the chunks in and on top of the grain.

Cover and lay the container in a pitch black, and cool area

Let it sit for no less than 30 days.

Remove the bay. There should be a large purplish layer of mold/fungus. Carefully remove the entire layer of mold with a knife.

Encase the mold and place it in a freezer.

Once it is frozen, remove it and when it thaws it should liquify.

Take blotting paper and soak them in the liquified mold. Let it out to dry. And there you have it. Orange flavored acid (or I guess acid substitute?)

I've never seen this recipe anywhere, and I'm guessing it's because rye mold is so dangerous. I just wonder how much, and for how long you'd need to ingest actual ergot for it to cause gangrenous effects?

3. Sandozer

Sandozer Member

If all you needed was an "understanding of photosynthesis", we would have 4th graders running around synthesizing LSD.

This is extremely far fetched. I've heard this recipe before and all I did was call the person a dumbass. Sorry to burst your bubble man. That recipe makes gross mold that people who are stupid enough will eat.

4. sizzlemeat

sizzlemeat Guest

**groans** Jesus Christ, I go out of my way to avoid snappy remarks by calling out the obvious ones, and they come my way anyway. :rolleyes: Thanks, I'll add the "4th grade" line to my list.

I don't know. I know it's not actual acid, BUT rye grain mold has a long history of making people think they're going crazy due to violent hallucinations after it's been ingested. I think hallucinations MIGHT work, especially if the mold is left to ferment properly. Though I must agree, sucking mold off a blotter is gross.

IF it did work, then I wonder how many people who thought they were buying genuine LSD from a Hell's Angel were being ripped off with this stuff- dangerous, and possibly bunk, but easy profit.

5. Sandozer

Sandozer Member

I wasn't trying to be snappy I was being informative. If you're going to post stuff you obviously don't know about then be prepared to be greeted by seemingly snappy answers. And if you have to add a bunch of "lines to your list" then perhaps you should do some research before posting. Not being snappy here.

Another thing, Ergot won't grow on rye bread, it only has a symbiotic relationship with some grasses and grains. Mold will grow on the bread but it won't contain Ergot.

I hope that answers your question.

6. sizzlemeat

sizzlemeat Guest

Heh, I don't literally have a "list" dude. But thanks for clearing up yer supposed lack of snarkiness! :) Though I still think you went out of your way to write something smart, especially after I already mentioned that I understand the process isn't at all easy. What can I say? I'm a sensitive soul! GOD! I just wanted you to like me!!! Why is it so hard?!!

I'm seriously not hating on you. I'm sure you're a great person, and I'm sorry I called you snappy. I'm really not an asshole!

On a side note, I'm not talking about ergot on rye BREAD, but ergot on rye GRAIN, which from what I've been reading up on, does in fact exist. The mold on rye bread was brought up by the thread originator.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

you are wrong sir.. ;),, it will contain ergot, it will also contain deadly black molds, trikes and mildews..
    some symptoms may be confused as a drug high..

• Headaches
    • Cough
    • Red eyes
    • Development of rashes and hives on skin
    • Nausea
    • Memory loss
    • In some cases, people experience bleeding in lungs
    • Lethargy
    • Dizziness
    • Hallucinations
    • Lack in concentration
    a person can make a ergot culture and contaminate living rye grass during wet climates, collecting ergot from grass will get you intoxicated, make you trip similure to LSD- closer to morning glory but lacking the muscle pains MG seeds do.. While it works like LSD and tolerance builds quickly aways from the melting object, pulsating walls the person may feel its safe to continue to consume the fungi in much higher volumes leading to health problems that revolve around diet and exercise and general lifestyle of the person.. This would be what lead people to believe St Elmos Fire would be an epidemic or effect all those that consume ergot fungi, it does not.. St elmos fire is an isolated incident in a time period where people didnt live well to begin with..

8. Sandozer

Sandozer Member

You caught me there..... I'm the dumbass now. No worries dude :D I was just pointing out that photosynthesis is something you learn in grade school.

And Orison, kudos to you too. I didn't know there were molds that contain Ergot. Where did you get that info?

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

I created rye molds when I was a teen,, Rye flour, spray bottle, grass..
    we ate the infected flour too a few times (corners of walls moved alot, felt like you was looking through a fish tank, pupil dilation..
    much stronger effects from the grass fungi, they are like pods..

10. Sandozer

Sandozer Member

Well that's a trip. :deadxmas: I see that you made it with flour, that's totally understandable now. I was still stuck on the bread thing because of the title of this thread.

Plus its 4 in the morning here and I've been taking sleeping pills all day, so my brain is missing the important parts of this thread. I have to read a sentence over a few times for it to make sense. hahaha

I didn't mean to try and make youu feel like a dumbass Sizzlemeat, I seriously thought this was about bread the whole time.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

I began with common rye bread and it did work also, but it has different flours in it which brings other molds.. i could remember grinding the bread molds up taking about 4/ 5 heaping tablespoons and getting waves, color changes, I was teen already used LSD i knew what to look for.. there wasnt any point in continuing cause real lsd came our way..

12. sizzlemeat

sizzlemeat Guest

Great info! I never thought to take into account that a lot of the super negative effects could have had anything to do with the sub-par quality-of-life at that time. And since you've tried ergot, and you're still alive with all yr fingers and limbs in tact, apparantly gangrene didn't get to ya. Good to know for future reference!

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes, Ive been debunking the ergot scare tactic for sometime.. stil the flour was faster and easier to do, once that was contaminated with ergot fill a spray bottle up with water and the mold, spray it on living rye grass ina damp area when its seeding and youll gets ergot to grow.. collecting them takes tweezers, dont use your fingers it will take forever and you drop them easy, they are very small.. If you already have some ergot fungi pods you can mash them up in the flour and it will turn quicker and almost guarantee to have less other molds take over.. its like growing magic mushrooms... you introduce a strain of fungi first..

14. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

15. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/wong/bot135/lect12.htm
    "A 20th. Century Outbreaks

Even in the 20th. Century, there have been occasions where outbreaks of ergotism, due to consumption of contaminated Rye. Ergotism occurred in 1926-27 in Russia, with 10,000 reported cases, in England in 1927, with 200 cases, among central European Jewish immigrants and the last known example occurred on August 12, 1951."

http://werewolves.monstrous.com/ergot_poisoning.htm

"There was a significant outbreak of ergot-poisoning in France in the early 1950's. Symptoms of ergot poisoning include hallucinations. The 1950's French victims reported 'being chased or attacked by horrible beasts', 'terror of the dark', and 'feeling that my body was not mine' together with tingling/burning sensations in the extremities and the scalp. Another man with ergot poisoning reportedly escaped from seven straight jackets, lost all his teeth biting through a leather strap, and bent two iron bars on the hospital window while trying to flee from a tiger he believed to be chasing him.
    Ergot naturally produces a wide range of chemical compounds, the ones of relevance here are collectively known as the "Ergot Alkaloids", and include ergotamine, ergosine and beta-ergosine, ergonine, ergovaline, ergostine, ergotine and beta-ergotine, ergocornine, ergocristine, ergocryptine and beta-ergocryptine. These compounds all have some degree of psychoactivity. Lysergic Acid Diethylmide (LSD) was first synthesized from ergot compounds. The psychoactive components of ergot are not broken down by heat, so it is fair to assume that they would be present in bread baked from flour milled and ergotized grains.

But Ergot Fungi is essentially poisonous before being hallucinogenic and the transformation into LSD is a complex chemistry procedure that cannot occurs naturally."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2167694/?page=1

Report on an Outbreak of Alleged Ergot Poisoning by Rye Bread in Manchester

and I think you meant St. Anthony's fire, St. Elmo's Fire is a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GET3B_fRqLc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GET3B_fRqLc

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

if you notice It was the last post I made, I was tired.. and a bit annoyed by something.. :)

17. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I don't know what the hell that video was about but I really want to see that movie now.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

i have seen bits and pieces of the film. the brat-pack I think they were called, making many movies together in the 80s.. breakfast club, pretty in pink, elmos fire, more I cant think of right now..

19. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

so there's got to be ergot spores floating around in the air to grow on rye bread if its even possible. also, the spores are produced only in spring.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ive found it on live plants elsewhere, and on other grasses.. Its easier to ID on rye.. wild grass i guess is not treated with fungicides as farms I would assume use today..
    I remember how stupidly i thought this a rye [​IMG]and robert plants symbol [​IMG] were the same things.. lol.. :)
    Robert Plant's symbol uses the feather of Ma'at, the Egyptian goddess of justice and fairness. It is the emblem of a writer. ...