• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 tokerof420

tokerof420

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 01:56 PM

i have a friend who had an idea to make acid
dont know where he learned and cant remember how he explained and making acid can blow up and kill you or you can make it wrong
true not true??

#2 ohdear1492

ohdear1492

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 02:06 PM

moldy rye bread? hm, don't think so..

#3 The_Man_On_The_Hill

The_Man_On_The_Hill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 02:13 PM

Extremely Unstable Chemical's
Ingredient's Being Watched By DEA
Magnetic Stirring Of Particle's

Unless you are a chemist, buy it off the street...

~PeAcE~

you suck at doing drugs...

#4 texasmade3

texasmade3

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • 1,354 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 02:25 PM

There is a guy that I work with that has mentioned the rye bread method which iv heard from many other people also.. its some sort of fungus or mold that forms on some sort of rye bread that produces "ergot" which produces similar effects.. But i may be wrong. Anyhow I believe that its way more complicated than just that as you have to add many other chemicals and know your chemistry well to get it right..
[size=1][/size]

#5 midnightblue

midnightblue

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 05:34 PM

Lol, yeah. It's ergot you need. I have found some before. Actually right next door to me. It grows on grains.

#6 entables

entables

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted October 07 2007 - 07:15 PM

ergot poisoning=death
you trip hard.
then your bodyparts like fall off
ever hear of st anthonys fire?

#7 PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt

Paranoia!

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, ergot is a chemical in LSD. Ever heard that theory about the Salem Witch trials, haha? But.. don't be a dipshit. You can't make acid. Go buy some. It's a fuck of a lot easier, and cheaper.

Posted Image

The dashboard melted but we still had the radio

Oh, the windshield was broken but I love the fresh air, you know?

#8 StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011

• 1,509 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 03:47 PM

It's not really "in" LSD but LSD is derived from it and they are related compounds.

Not sure about how to make LSD, but I hear if you eat like two or three pounds of mold, you trip pretty hard (especially if you lick up all of that shit that builds up in the fridge... you know, the sticky, unidentifiable substances in the back)

Posted Image
All You Need Is Love

#9 sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,347 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 04:19 PM

you know, the sticky, unidentifiable substances in the back)

Yumm always makes a deliciosho snackaria.

#10 entables

entables

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 07:14 PM

Yumm always makes a deliciosho snackaria.

you've tried or am i right to guess a couf bluff?

#11 sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,347 posts

Posted October 08 2007 - 07:42 PM

Yeah I was definitely being sarcastic, haha.

#12 The_Man_On_The_Hill

The_Man_On_The_Hill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 10:13 AM

LOL here's your sign....

#13 entables

entables

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 11:10 AM

i was just curious.
i do have some skeevy friends that would do stupid shit like that so i had to say something...haah.

#14 The_Man_On_The_Hill

The_Man_On_The_Hill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 12:34 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. As far as i'm concerned give me some strawberry jelly and i'll be having a good time :)

#15 sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,347 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 01:16 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. As far as i'm concerned give me some strawberry jelly and i'll be having a good time :)

Oldschool

#16 The_Man_On_The_Hill

The_Man_On_The_Hill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 02:21 PM

Damn Right!! lol

Whatever happened to the OP?? Was it a kid looking for easy ways to make cid or what??

~PeAcE~

#17 PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt

Paranoia!

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 04:41 PM

^ I'm thnking so. I wouldn't have called him a dipshit if I thought he was really serious about the chemistry involved in making 'cid.

Posted Image

The dashboard melted but we still had the radio

Oh, the windshield was broken but I love the fresh air, you know?

#18 nesta

nesta

Banned

• Banned
  • 20,590 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 05:21 PM

There is a guy that I work with that has mentioned the rye bread method which iv heard from many other people also.. its some sort of fungus or mold that forms on some sort of rye bread that produces "ergot" which produces similar effects.. But i may be wrong. Anyhow I believe that its way more complicated than just that as you have to add many other chemicals and know your chemistry well to get it right..

no, ergot will not grow on rye bread. ergot is a fungus, but not a mold. it grows on actual plants, and isn't at all likely to show up in your pantry.

Posted Image

it does contain alkaloids structurally similar to LSD, as do morning glory seeds and hawaiian baby woodrose and a few other species, but unlike these plants, this fungus is also very dangerous and can cause a number of very unpleasant and potentially harmful side effects if taken as is....and as has been mentioned, its possible to die from it.

Yeah, ergot is a chemical in LSD. Ever heard that theory about the Salem Witch trials, haha? But.. don't be a dipshit. You can't make acid. Go buy some. It's a fuck of a lot easier, and cheaper.

ergot is not a chemical. ergot is an organism, a living thing, made up of many, many chemicals. part of the ergot is used as precursors in the synthesis of LSD, and ergot is the best source of this. however, ergot is NOT "in" LSD and is NOT a chemical, and while generally assumed to be the BEST source for precursors to LSD, it is by no means the only. just the most economical, as i understand.

i don't mean to offend, but before you call other people dipshits and other insulting names, perhaps you should look up and verify what you're saying..?

nobody is right all the time. there is something to be said for basic courtesy, even online.
Cate8 You know, currently, your profile says you are viewing the Psychedelics forum at promptly 4:20 PM. I appreciate that.

#19 nesta

nesta

Banned

• Banned
  • 20,590 posts

Posted October 09 2007 - 05:24 PM

and there is some evidence that a number of historical instances involving mass hysteria and madness have in fact been linked to bread made from rye or other grains used in bread.

MOST of this is just theory and toying around with various possibilities for odd historical events. but definitely not all of it is...it is known to have happened.
Cate8 You know, currently, your profile says you are viewing the Psychedelics forum at promptly 4:20 PM. I appreciate that.

#20 tokerof420

tokerof420

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted October 10 2007 - 02:17 PM

no i havnt but my friend was trying and i was just wondering if he was being a dumbass like usual

#21 lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime

Fucked in the head

• Members
  • 1,490 posts

Posted October 11 2007 - 12:25 PM

I had a buddy that grew ergot mycelium out on agar up north, that was sooooo cooool.
....uhhh

#22 sizzlemeat

sizzlemeat

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted July 10 2010 - 11:36 PM

I know, I know, resurrecting a thread from the dead! (=

BUT about 2 years ago I recieved a recipe for rye mold acid blotters from a friend's aunt, who got the recipe from her husband who got the recipe from a Hell's Angel in the 70s. The recipe itself insn't too complicated and I KNOW it's not actual LSD, and that acid is super complicated what with needed understanding of photosynthesis and all, and "if it was so easy to make everyone would be fried" BUT this doesn't seem too far fetched

My friend's aunt said it works fine, but I've been too lazy to try concocting it, and after doing research on the possible gangrenous effects of Ergot, I don't think I ever will!

25 lbs of Rye Grain Seed, 8 Oranges

Spread the rye grain in a large BLACK containing bay

Douse the rye grain with water from a spray bottle.

Chop up the oranges whole and place the chunks in and on top of the grain.

Cover and lay the container in a pitch black, and cool area

Let it sit for no less than 30 days.

Remove the bay. There should be a large purplish layer of mold/fungus. Carefully remove the entire layer of mold with a knife.

Encase the mold and place it in a freezer.

Once it is frozen, remove it and when it thaws it should liquify.

Take blotting paper and soak them in the liquified mold. Let it out to dry. And there you have it. Orange flavored acid (or I guess acid substitute?)

I've never seen this recipe anywhere, and I'm guessing it's because rye mold is so dangerous. I just wonder how much, and for how long you'd need to ingest actual ergot for it to cause gangrenous effects?

#23 Sandozer

Sandozer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted July 11 2010 - 01:07 AM

I know, I know, resurrecting a thread from the dead! (=

BUT about 2 years ago I recieved a recipe for rye mold acid blotters from a friend's aunt, who got the recipe from her husband who got the recipe from a Hell's Angel in the 70s. The recipe itself insn't too complicated and I KNOW it's not actual LSD, and that acid is super complicated what with needed understanding of photosynthesis and all, and "if it was so easy to make everyone would be fried" BUT this doesn't seem too far fetched

My friend's aunt said it works fine, but I've been too lazy to try concocting it, and after doing research on the possible gangrenous effects of Ergot, I don't think I ever will!

25 lbs of Rye Grain Seed, 8 Oranges

Spread the rye grain in a large BLACK containing bay

Douse the rye grain with water from a spray bottle.

Chop up the oranges whole and place the chunks in and on top of the grain.

Cover and lay the container in a pitch black, and cool area

Let it sit for no less than 30 days.

Remove the bay. There should be a large purplish layer of mold/fungus. Carefully remove the entire layer of mold with a knife.

Encase the mold and place it in a freezer.

Once it is frozen, remove it and when it thaws it should liquify.

Take blotting paper and soak them in the liquified mold. Let it out to dry. And there you have it. Orange flavored acid (or I guess acid substitute?)

I've never seen this recipe anywhere, and I'm guessing it's because rye mold is so dangerous. I just wonder how much, and for how long you'd need to ingest actual ergot for it to cause gangrenous effects?

If all you needed was an "understanding of photosynthesis", we would have 4th graders running around synthesizing LSD.

This is extremely far fetched. I've heard this recipe before and all I did was call the person a dumbass. Sorry to burst your bubble man. That recipe makes gross mold that people who are stupid enough will eat.
What a long strange trip it's been.
[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:mvcrcjL9nFEeKM:http://www.edinformatics.com/interactive_molecules/3D/lsd_structure.jpg[/IMG]

#24 sizzlemeat

sizzlemeat

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted July 11 2010 - 01:41 AM

If all you needed was an "understanding of photosynthesis", we would have 4th graders running around synthesizing LSD.

This is extremely far fetched. I've heard this recipe before and all I did was call the person a dumbass. Sorry to burst your bubble man. That recipe makes gross mold that people who are stupid enough will eat.

**groans** Jesus Christ, I go out of my way to avoid snappy remarks by calling out the obvious ones, and they come my way anyway. :rolleyes: Thanks, I'll add the "4th grade" line to my list.

I don't know. I know it's not actual acid, BUT rye grain mold has a long history of making people think they're going crazy due to violent hallucinations after it's been ingested. I think hallucinations MIGHT work, especially if the mold is left to ferment properly. Though I must agree, sucking mold off a blotter is gross.

IF it did work, then I wonder how many people who thought they were buying genuine LSD from a Hell's Angel were being ripped off with this stuff- dangerous, and possibly bunk, but easy profit.

#25 Sandozer

Sandozer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted July 11 2010 - 02:17 AM

I wasn't trying to be snappy I was being informative. If you're going to post stuff you obviously don't know about then be prepared to be greeted by seemingly snappy answers. And if you have to add a bunch of "lines to your list" then perhaps you should do some research before posting. Not being snappy here.

Another thing, Ergot won't grow on rye bread, it only has a symbiotic relationship with some grasses and grains. Mold will grow on the bread but it won't contain Ergot.

I hope that answers your question.
[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:mvcrcjL9nFEeKM:http://www.edinformatics.com/interactive_molecules/3D/lsd_structure.jpg[/IMG]

#26 sizzlemeat

sizzlemeat

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted July 11 2010 - 02:47 AM

I wasn't trying to be snappy I was being informative. If you're going to post stuff you obviously don't know about then be prepared to be greeted by seemingly snappy answers. And if you have to add a bunch of "lines to your list" then perhaps you should do some research before posting. Not being snappy here.

Another thing, Ergot won't grow on rye bread, it only has a symbiotic relationship with some grasses and grains. Mold will grow on the bread but it won't contain Ergot.

Heh, I don't literally have a "list" dude. But thanks for clearing up yer supposed lack of snarkiness! :) Though I still think you went out of your way to write something smart, especially after I already mentioned that I understand the process isn't at all easy. What can I say? I'm a sensitive soul! GOD! I just wanted you to like me!!! Why is it so hard?!!

I'm seriously not hating on you. I'm sure you're a great person, and I'm sorry I called you snappy. I'm really not an asshole!

On a side note, I'm not talking about ergot on rye BREAD, but ergot on rye GRAIN, which from what I've been reading up on, does in fact exist. The mold on rye bread was brought up by the thread originator.

#27 orison319

orison319

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • 56,021 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted July 11 2010 - 03:00 AM

you are wrong sir.. ;),, it will contain ergot, it will also contain deadly black molds, trikes and mildews..
some symptoms may be confused as a drug high..

• Headaches
  • Cough
  • Red eyes
  • Development of rashes and hives on skin
  • Nausea
  • Memory loss
  • In some cases, people experience bleeding in lungs
  • Lethargy
  • Dizziness
  • Hallucinations
  • Lack in concentration
a person can make a ergot culture and contaminate living rye grass during wet climates, collecting ergot from grass will get you intoxicated, make you trip similure to LSD- closer to morning glory but lacking the muscle pains MG seeds do.. While it works like LSD and tolerance builds quickly aways from the melting object, pulsating walls the person may feel its safe to continue to consume the fungi in much higher volumes leading to health problems that revolve around diet and exercise and general lifestyle of the person.. This would be what lead people to believe St Elmos Fire would be an epidemic or effect all those that consume ergot fungi, it does not.. St elmos fire is an isolated incident in a time period where people didnt live well to begin with..

Posted Image

You guard your hopes

you pocket your dreams
You'd trade it all to
avoid an unpleasant scene

#28 Sandozer

Sandozer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted July 11 2010 - 03:17 AM

Heh, I don't literally have a "list" dude. But thanks for clearing up yer supposed lack of snarkiness! :) Though I still think you went out of your way to write something smart, especially after I already mentioned that I understand the process isn't at all easy. What can I say? I'm a sensitive soul! GOD! I just wanted you to like me!!! Why is it so hard?!!

I'm seriously not hating on you. I'm sure you're a great person, and I'm sorry I called you snappy. I'm really not an asshole!

On a side note, I'm not talking about ergot on rye BREAD, but ergot on rye GRAIN, which from what I've been reading up on, does in fact exist. The mold on rye bread was brought up by the thread originator.

You caught me there..... I'm the dumbass now. No worries dude :D I was just pointing out that photosynthesis is something you learn in grade school.

And Orison, kudos to you too. I didn't know there were molds that contain Ergot. Where did you get that info?

#29 orison319

orison319

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • 56,021 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted July 11 2010 - 03:29 AM

I created rye molds when I was a teen,, Rye flour, spray bottle, grass..
we ate the infected flour too a few times (corners of walls moved alot, felt like you was looking through a fish tank, pupil dilation..
much stronger effects from the grass fungi, they are like pods..

Posted Image

You guard your hopes

you pocket your dreams
You'd trade it all to
avoid an unpleasant scene

#30 Sandozer

Sandozer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted July 11 2010 - 03:37 AM

I created rye molds when I was a teen,, Rye flour, spray bottle, grass..
we ate the infected flour too a few times (corners of walls moved alot, felt like you was looking through a fish tank, pupil dilation..
much stronger effects from the grass fungi, they are like pods..

Well that's a trip. :deadxmas: I see that you made it with flour, that's totally understandable now. I was still stuck on the bread thing because of the title of this thread.

Plus its 4 in the morning here and I've been taking sleeping pills all day, so my brain is missing the important parts of this thread. I have to read a sentence over a few times for it to make sense. hahaha

I didn't mean to try and make youu feel like a dumbass Sizzlemeat, I seriously thought this was about bread the whole time.

Edited by Sandozer, July 11 2010 - 03:43 AM.
Left a paragraph out.