Forum announcement please read

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Samhain, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

About collective stories, where one person writes a bit and someone else adds something on and so on, we seem to be having a new one of these about every month or more.
    before you start a collective story, please do a search and just continue ones that you find, I don't want to be too prescriptive about threads, however in this case these are basically just games that last a few posts and get forgotten and I think its far more important that this forum space is used for peoples projects and while writing exercises do have value, we really don't need more than one or two collective short stories, going on, forgotton about then new ones started, which is whats happening at the moment.
    I try really hard not to delete threads, but what I will do is merge the collective shorts together, so people can try and be even more creative and link the different ideas up, of course it makes more sense, to continue an existing one than just start one of your own.

the exception to this would be this thread
    http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261756
    and the difference is its not just someone writing a few lines and saying, continue, it is a well thought out project.
    Samhain

WritersPanic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.