hearing voices while stoned

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Dreamoftheiris, Oct 4, 2007.

1. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

i used to hear voices and shit sometimes but they went away after awhile so i wouldn't worry about it man

2. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Sometimes, but not bad things. Only funny noises :D

3. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

i hear voices in my head talking under my own voice, for the most part i can't figure out what they're sayin, and sometimes they are in a completely different language

4. newradicalface

newradicalface Banned

^ That's crazy. I am having difficulty in deciding if that would be cool or just completely fucked up.

5. cracker531

cracker531 Member

i think i hear random shit when i'm high...usually while smoking or right after we or i smoked. one time i heard these black birds quack and then i thought i heard an owl outside but there wasn't an owl. owls don't even live in this area!

6. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Interesting how people are quick to say its a mental illness. There are other possiblities. Try to find out what the voices are saying. Could it be that you are a sensitive, maybe a form of telekenesis or something similar, or even just your imagination trying to convert something into a speech pattern that you can understand.

7. Dreamoftheiris

Dreamoftheiris Member

Well, whatever it is enough people seem to have it too so I'm not too worried about it, but I'm still not smoking for a while.

8. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

i've never heard voices but like someone above said i've heard voices under my voice like echoes and shit kinda but not really, idk, its probably just cause your fucking stoned dude.

9. DepTh

DepTh Member

i hear it too, but it seems to only happen when im alone so idk maybe im just lonely.. or maybe i cant hear them when im around others because i hear the real voices

10. KJohns24029

KJohns24029 Member

I just experianced this recently but it appears to be a one time thing. I was up all night and couldn't sleep cause I took shitty E that just kept me from sleeping. So eventually I started drinking some and I got pretty buzzed and decided to go home short after that. So I was just hanging out a few hours before work and people came over and we smoke a lot of weed. Then I went to work and at that point I heard the voice of a person saying something wierd. I would look at the person it sounded like (it was mostly my co workers voices) and they hadn't said anything. I recall one of them that was really wierd, my co worker was having a conversation about doing coke with herself. But she never said a word. After I got some sleep it stopped and hasn't happened again sence. It was acctually the 26th that I started hearing all of this.

11. FreedomFighter1555

FreedomFighter1555 Member

if your hearing shit that aint weed your smoking

12. kimballthegreat

kimballthegreat Member

I kinda had the same problem once. Only it was from a conversation on my cell phone I forgot I was having :D

13. Gormur

Gormur Member

I get it with sativas mainly, and sometimes with hybrids, but not usually with indicas...but that's also a big reason why I've cut back on smoking so much. I notice I don't get high as much as I used to in the sense that I don't feel good...I just feel really paranoid, which sucks cause I love pot, but I also don't want to lose my mind over it.

14. Gormur

Gormur Member

weed affects everyone differently. I have anxiety already, so if I smoke sativa it will only make it worse and I'll get really paranoid...but also, I probably smoke more than 99% of potheads...which means I smoke all day long and go through 1/8th oz in a day, no problem.

This past week tho I've cut back considerably and only smoke a bowl a day. It feels better cause I actually realize I'm high...not like being high all day and then feeling like shit when I realize I'm sober, then start to panic. It isn't physically possible to smoke too much, but psychologically I'm sure it is.

15. ZeroxBleach

ZeroxBleach Member

Marijuana with high THC content can cause you to literally trip and hallucinate both visually and auditory. Thought it's rare, it occurs, especially if you have a history with psychedelics

16. edd.excessive

edd.excessive Member

i heard voices once and i scared the shit outta me.

17. stalk

stalk Banned

don't be afraid
    listen carefully

18. Jimbo84

Jimbo84 Guest

I am a relatively "normal" individual with no family history of mental illness. Several years ago I experienced two distinct voices that sounded extremely malicious. One had a very deep timbre and sounded like a demon, the second one sounded like an 8 year-old boy and was even more disturbing than the first. It was not the first time I heard the deep demon voice. The voices were brought on by a very potent weed, most likely tainted with harmful additives, and this particular night was especially memorable. Here's why..

During this time I had a roommate who was an equal pot-head and goofball. We were smoking the same strand but sleeping in two opposite wings of an apartment seperated by at least 25 feet and with two walls between us. When I confessed my experience to my friend his eyes lit up. We began telling eachother the same story. My friend described the voices accurately, " Two voices (one demon & one little boy), very aggressive, completely incoherent, and seemingly directly in our ear".

To this day my friend wonders if I played a prank on him. I can assure you I did not, and strangely it was comforting to learn I was not going gaga. I actually quit smoking weed due to other harmful effects -- not because of the voices. Im not saying that weed doesn't accelaterate the onset of schizophrenia because I have witnessed it first-hand with another good friend. I am simply sharing this because I was interested in similar cases where multiple subjects were sharing auditory hallucinations. Anybody out there?

19. joyfulsara

joyfulsara Member

oh man one of the last times i smoked was really really scary. it started out really fun-me and another girl were at an apartment shared by two guy friends, and we had just gotten bback from a trip to florida, so we were tired out. we started smoking a blunt and i turned on the olympics and curling was on, so we laughed our fucking asses off at how dumb the shit looks. well we finish the blunt and even after i had eaten and drank a lot of water i apparently wasn't coming down. it was storming very noisily outside and i was tired so i went to lay down in my friend's bed. his doorway faces the doorway to the other bedroom, which had been left open. i was feeling freaked out from the weather so i got up to go to the living room and wtf? evven though i hear all my friends in the living room, someone is sitting on the bed across the hallway. i stood there and stared at them, and suddenly the bedroom door starts opening and closing. so i ran in the living room and ended up having to sleep on the futon with the other girl while one of the guys sleeps on the floor beside us and they talk all night. but the next morning i find out that he was never there. i had hallucinated the whole thing. i really hope that never happens again.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

my voices say "dude roll another doobie"..