Loneliness

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by deviate, Oct 1, 2007.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Does anyone else here feel like they exist completely alone most of the time?

I feel like that a lot, and sometimes it bothers me, but sometimes I like it.

I just dont really understand it, because I dont think I should be alone and other people are usually surprised to hear that too. So maybe it's my personality that does it, either way I need to make a change because I'm sick of this.

As a child I spent a lot of time alone and I guess just got used to it. I've been in real relationships but its been like 3.5 years. I walked in on her fucking some dude and have given up on that and did a lot of partying.

I cant tell if it's our society or even too much time on the internet thats causing it. I am coming close to just abandoning everything I know and own and seeing if life is more livable somewhere else.

Another thing is my dad can't make it to my graduation in a few months, so I'll either be going to that alone or just not going. I'm just feeling shitty about that because I thought I would have my life more together by the time I'm 25 and graduating college.

I'm not trying to whine, or looking for some kind of answer to my problems. I just needed to vent. But if anyone does have insight or can relate I would appreciate that.

2. J.I.

J.I. WithYouInMyThoughts

I blame the internet :computer:

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i didn't go to my graduation. i had to work. didn't really care, i'm not a big ceremony with strangers kinda person.

4. Van_Gogh

Van_Gogh Senior Member

EVERYONE feels alone, either more then others or if they are lucky, less then others.

sometimes it sucks. somtimes you need a few years to yourself. I dont have any wisdom on this subject. I just know that usually its yourself who feels more alone then you really are.

with that said. Id totally come to your graduation and debate on drugs with you if only the internet allowed such a thing. Your dad is missing out.

5. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Oh yeah

6. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Haha, I put some blame on the internet too.. most of the time its the only thing keeping me from going out. KC i didn't go to my high school graduation because I barely got out of there and hated it. But I wanted to go to my college since I have worked so hard and I'm proud of that.

Van_Gogh, thanks for the kind words. Thanks everyone you made me feel somewhat better believe it or not.

7. lode

lode Banned

Cheer up. Even if your father can't come, your out of college now and have your whole life ahead of you.

And there are always after partys. Go have some fun. Your an adult now. :D

That made me laugh.

8. nesta

nesta Banned

i dont know where you live, but if you're living in a place where you have access to schools to go to, can access the internet on such a regular basis, and have the luxury to just decide to up and leave and go somewhere different, you're not likely to find MANY places more livable. just a thought....different lifestyles may be possible elsewhere, different hobbies, differeint things available, new people and sights....theres always moving from the city to the country or from the country to the city, but thats about the extent of finding someplace more livable unless you live in some impoverished nation with a draconian dictator whose killing citizens all the time...mandatory military service....whatever....

the point is a change of scenery may be nice every once in a while, but it sounds like your problems are your own, and problems similar to those that very, very many people face. the key isnt necessarily relocation so much as changing your lifestyle....but its hard.

i feel the same way a lot of times. but then i have to stop and remember all the great things about my life and how lucky i am. i am unhappy sometimes, but living somewhere else wont make me a happier person. no matter where i live the same problems in life will inevitably arise and make me unhappy....i just might be unhappy in a better climate, in a quiter place, a more populated place, a place where the majority of people are more liberal instead of conservative, whatever.

just try and work on the important things. changing location can be a really nice thing and can in fact enrich your life, but no matter where you move to i can't imagine it being expectable for it to make your whole life better.

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Yeah Im not that uncheered actually. And I see what youre saying but when its chronic throughout life with both of your parents it might get to you a little too. Its apparent you probably don't understand that. Also my birthday is next week, most of my friends here dont even know, i have no girlfriend, and its been like this for a few years at least. So yeah there was a moment of self pity. sue me.

And what is so fucking funny about that?

10. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

its my destiny i fear...

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

What do you think it is? And do you think you can change it

12. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Yeah man, thanks for the post you make some good points. It is easy to overlook the stuff you do have in order. I think my main reason for wanting to travel is the differences in people and what they value. Right now I live in florida, and I used to live here and spent a lot of time here so it wasnt completely foreign. But it was a lot different from where I grew up, and it did open my mind and change me for the better in my opinion. I like it here a lot, but I want to be around more progressive people. So I dont know, thats probably the basis for the wanderlust. That and I guess the idea of finding the perfect place and existance. I dont know I'm a little tweaked and stoned and cant make sense right now. I appreciate the reply though

13. lode

lode Banned

It was funny when you got all hostile and I told you I'd slap the shit out of you if you kept it up.

14. deviate

deviate Senior Member

LMAO it's an internet tough guy. I better be careful, that looks like a killer roundhouse. :rolleyes:

15. lode

lode Banned

It's my thing.

I was talking about the Van Gogh kind words, in respect to the painter. Who was crazy and suicidal.

I guess you had to be there. :D

16. Van_Gogh

Van_Gogh Senior Member

Pft.
    crazy and suicidal is one in the same.

17. mamaKCita

nah. some people are crazy and want to kill OTHER people.

18. tear you apart

tear you apart Member

i am alone
    i don't trust anyone, not even myself

it's your birthday next week??
    mines tomorrow, i tried to trow myself a party this weekend cause no one else would trow it for me....no one came
    i wish i was joking

depression is something i know alot about deviate

19. mamaKCita

that happened to me once. everyone said they were going to show, no one did. it was sad. i decided i was past birthday parties by then. to be honest, the only party i'd ever had was when i was 13. dunno why i tried THAT year.

20. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I went to see my favorite connect tonight and we got blunted
    Positive mood shift
    Also found out we have the same birthday