What are YOU eating???

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by JayzzMama, Sep 25, 2007.

1. JayzzMama

JayzzMama Member

I'm curious what others are eating in the vegan community. We can get some good ideas from one another and enlighten others in the process. Share your meals with us!

Dinner (last night): Cauliflower Stew: Dahl, cauliflower, tomato, pepper paste(turkish, YUMMY!), tomato paste, fresh garlic, chopped parsley, chopped green onion, dash of curry. Corn on the cob. Salad of chopped romaine hearts, tomato, cucumber, parsley, green onions, fresh garlic, fresh lime juice, olive oil s&p.

Breakfast: Flax granola w/ almond milk. OJ.

Lunch: Eggplant stew. Made by friend so not sure what all's in it. Eggplant, potato, carrot, tomato garlic, onion etc. Rice.

We eat like royalty!!

2. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

Last night I made this: http://www.veganchef.com/bbchilitop.htm
    I used fresh ingredients where it calls for canned things.

I made this the night before last: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/RCP00176
    I used olive oil in place of canola oil. So simple I was not sure it would turn out that well but it was very good.

Most mornings for breakfast I eat oatmeal with ground flaxseed, raw wheat germ, cinnamon, and black strap molasses.

I almost always have some homemade hummus around. I usually make it with chickpeas, tahini, paprika, cumin, garlic, an jalapeno pepper, lime juice, and cilantro.

I usually have stir fry once or twice a week. Just throw in whatever veggies I happen to have at the time.

3. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

I eat a lot of things that can be veggie, or can have meat added afterwards - so my family is happy ;) Here are a few meals that we have more often than most:

* Loaded baked potatoes - I love mine with salsa & black olives
    * Pasta salad - spiral pasta with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes & onions, black olives, and Italian dressing. (I add sunflower seeds to mine)
    * Minestrone soup - I don't know why, but my family LOVES my vegan version!
    * Waldorf salad - it's a side dish, but we eat it a LOT!
    * Stir Fry - really easy to make veggie or meat-friendly
    * shepherd's pie - I've got a vegan version with chickpeas & mushrooms instead of meat... the kids love it with cheese on top, so 1/2 the pan gets cheese
    * and taco salad

It's not that this is ALL we eat... but each one of these meals tends to be on our "menu" at LEAST once a month!
    love,
    mom

4. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Roasted winter veggies....mm, sweet potato, onions, carrots, other potatoes and parsnips and butternut squash and all kinds of lovely things you can add. Its simple and quick. Although i dont have it so much now im trying to eat more raw food

Stuffed peppers are always a winner. Can be done with rice, lentils, quinoa, mushrooms, soy cheese and herbs and spices

Stuffed butternut squash, spicy

Sweetcorn, which i eat raw or grilled with almost everything these days...mmm

We make our own soysages and soy burgers etc with veg protein soy protein etc and these go well with stuff

We have stacks of salad things

Pizza...weve designed a raw version and we pile it so high with veggies..tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, whatever else we happen to have in!

Soups every now and then

Stir-frys

Bolognese...spaghetti, veggie mince in tomato sauce, veggies diced in, really easy, served with garlic bread made with proper grarlic melted in soy margarine or sunflower spread

Carbanara type setups...pasta wth soy cheese and garlic courgettes and mushies and things mixed in

Sandwiches

Sometimes we buy a "chicken style" bake as a special treat and do that with rice and sweet and sour/chilli/black bean/indian sauce depending on what we fancy

But mostly, these days, my diets salads, raw veg, fruity puddings and smoothies with the odd cooked meal, which is usually one of the above, plus cereal and all the usual stuff. We also have lots of seeds and sprouts which we put on the salads usually

I guess our meals are simple but damn good:D thats the key for us

5. green faerie

green faerie m L e

hmm...today i ate:
    breakfast - 2 slices wheat toast with peanut butter
    - smoothie made of banana, berries, orange juice, broccoli and sweet peas
    snack - red pepper hommus sandwich with red peppers, onions and lettuce on wheat bread
    - ziploc bag full of white grapes
    lunch - salad with tomatoes and onions
    - 1 can of chickpeas
    - an apple
    - a banana
    dinner - massive salad with peppers, tomatoes, carrots, chickpeas, broccoli
    - one can of chili beans mixed with lots of brown rice and broccoli

.....looking at this i think i probably eat too much for someone with so sedentary a lifestyle......and probably eat too much protein.

6. JerryWobbles

JerryWobbles Member

Breakfast- fresh Celery, carrot, grape juice, or a fruit smoothie
    Lunch, Usually a salad of some sort , or Heirloom tomato and avacado sandwiches on hemp seed bread
    snack- homemade flax seed crackers with roasted red pepper hummus yummmy
    dinner- homemade veggie chilli, with habaneros yummmmmmmy!!!!!

7. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

Well.. I'm a college student eating in a cafeteria and gluten free so I tend to eat the same few things every day:

-naked burrito (vegan refried beans, black beans, several kinds of salsas, grilled veggies, lettuce, and guacamole)
    -salad (generally lettuce, a splash of balsamic or dry, beans, chickpeas, and whatever other veggies there are in the tiny salad bar)
    -if I'm lucky, something in the vegan station won't have gluten in it

8. Avocado Noni

Avocado Noni Member

9. treehuggerT

treehuggerT Member

Well, today I had fruit for breakfast-a banana, grapes, and an Asian pear, along with green tea.

Lunch was steamed mushrooms and broccoli with whole wheat pita bread and TJ's organic hummus.

Snacks were edamame, carrots, and popcorn with olive oil and nutritional yeast.

Dinner was out - Mexican - something called a tofu fajita bowl. Brown rice, pinto beans, steamed vegies, pico de gallo and guac - yummers.

10. Spiderweb Sitar

Spiderweb Sitar Member

Breakfast recently has been farina with some ground sea salt. Oh man. Farina is addicting, and really high in iron (my anemic grandma introduced me to it); just really really good. I believe its high in fiber, too.

Lunch has been pb&j on 8 grain bread for the past two weeks because I was out of tofurkey and had no time to go food shopping. I really need to bring something other than sandwiches to school; its hard, I don't have a lunch period, so I need to bring something simple/small and easy to transport.

Dinner was vegan eggplant rolletini. Processed >.< I usually cook, though. Stirfry is my lover.

11. TokenWhiteKid

TokenWhiteKid Member

my favorite are these vegan meatball subs i've been making, i mix in vegan meatball recipe, some sauce a slice of tofurky and some soy cheese and zomg ::drool::