Do you prefer fat dreads or skinny dreads?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by kattoo13, Sep 25, 2007.

1. kattoo13

kattoo13 Member

Why? Or do you not have a preference at all?

2. rojiblanco34

rojiblanco34 Banned

i would ultimately like to have a lot of fat ones cause htey look more 'together', but for my own head i am completely content with whatever form they end up taking.

3. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

well i do prefer fat dreads. and i have one pretty fat compared to my others at the back of my head. cant wait to see hows it gonna be after few years.

4. kattoo13

kattoo13 Member

i know, i can't wait to see how mine will change come a year from now :)

5. RightBrigade

RightBrigade Member

I prefer a mix of both (which is what I currently have, though they'll probably all get fat)

6. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i prefer a random mix with a few congos and some tiny little ones and plenty of all the sizes in between lol. i think thats the form my dreads might take- they eat eachother in no time and theres little groups of loose hair that will hopefully knot on its own. but whatever it does is okay with me.
    i just like dreads that look random and natural, im not into smooth perfectly groomed locks. they do look lovely on some people though :)

7. sped

sped Member

It depends on the person, some people really suit fat ones and some suit skinny ones and some suit a collaboration of both. On me I think a mix is the best way to go, but then again, I havent seen myself with neat dreads either all fat or all skinny...

8. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

not sure. although i'm sure my dreads will become a variety pack.

9. ethereal

ethereal Member

ooo greengirl your dreads are so pretty! if i ever were to have dreadlocks i would want them to turn out like yours.
    i like them thin, they seem more petite and feminine, but a few fat ones here and there mix it up a bit :)