Instructor Signups

Discussion in 'Free School' started by skip, Sep 20, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Anyone who is ready to teach a class should PM me, or post it up right here!

Thanks!

2. epatsellis

epatsellis Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'd be more than interested in teaching basic/advanced photography. It's been a passion of mine for the last 30+ years (with a few breaks, life happens...)

my qualifications:

Numerous photographic skills, including b&w & color processing and printing
    Owned a Commercial Photography studio in the mid 80's
    Have been teaching informally the last few years, see my instruction info on my website: http://www.eriepatsellis.com/instruct.html

erie

3. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hi Folks, I'll be opening a class on The Art Soap Making, when I am done with the Aromatherapy class.

I have been making and selling my "Heaven Scent Soap" for 10 yrs, in fact I don't use anyother soap on my body. I have over 70 soap molds and several soap recipies to share and soap making goes with aromatherapyand is fun to do.

I hope I will see you in class.

Bright Blessings
    sh

4. Sgt.Peppers420

Sgt.Peppers420 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm looking to start a How to deal with recruiters and the Military class. I know many people who are getting screwed on their contracts, and having things not work out in their favor. Also I want to cover how to get out of the military after you have signed the contract and sworn in, a lot of folks don't know this is possible. I would also like to cover counter-recruitment, ie keeping recruiters out of your school.

Expierence:
    -Was once going into the military, but a family issue forced me to not follow through (best thing to ever happen to me...I swayed away from my Hippy roots and I am so glad I am back)
    -Military Family: Everyone has served since the Civil War
    -Close personal friends in the military/veterans

5. ZiaSummer

ZiaSummer Member

I would like to place a class on Animism 101. I have lived an Animist lifestyle myself for over 15 years. It's very much based on the spiritual and lifestyle of community of Hunter/Gathers time period with possible a bit before the common knowledge of many tribal lifestyles.
    I am from the Red People of Siberia, and I am also married to someone of a Pueblo here in the USA. I am also the Animist ambassador to the Church of Earth Star. I design the work with our workshops related to Shaman and Animist sections of lectures and applied labs.

The basics would be covered.
    *The History and theories on Animism
    *Anima and Earth religions evolutions
    *Ancients, Ancestors and Beings around us
    *Clans, Tribes, Totems and Power beings
    *Shadowcrafts and Light beings
    *War chief, Shamans, and Gatherings of people
    *Universal tribes, Wicca, and Neo-animism

6. ZiaSummer

ZiaSummer Member

The other class I am very interested in teaching also on here is; Listening openly, and learning ourselves.
    I facilitate group/covenant meetings for over 10 years within a few small churches and women support programs. The discuss style is not only to help promote us in becoming more clear and precise with what we say and think but to also listen to ourselves when we place value on things.
    In the modern world we become quick to decide when and what we believe in, or against and in the time forget to find out why or how we have come to that location. We forget to listen to our own thoughts and fit with what we at first may think is how we believe, or feel.
    It has gotten to be such a rush on the moment lifestyle of many of us that even what we actively do is done so quickly that we begin to think about what is next and loss the precious experience of the being present in the moment.

The lesson plans are not as much as direct academic fornula as much as a discussion with topics and the ability to express our own view without stress of being right, wrong or having to bring others to agreement or disagreement. It is for us to ponder our own inner selves and in time really learn about ourselves and in trade have a chance to openly listen and support others without the need to correct, endorse, modify, or help the person speaking.

7. skip

ZiaSummer, both those classes sound great! I'm starting work to upgrade the Free School system today. Within a week or two we should be starting new classes. Stay tuned! :)

8. asynchronicity

asynchronicity Member

I have agreed to teach the suggested class, surviving adolescence, and there are well over 3 people interested, so....how do I begin teaching it?

Thanks in advance....
    asynchronicity
    Audio Engineer/Spiritual Counselor
    http://gnosticgnight.blogspot.com/

9. Daksi

Daksi Guest

Cool, a free school.

I tried the link to sign up as a facilitator but the page was all funky messed up. I hope it's ok to post the proposed class here.

I'd like to give a class on alternate energy, specifically that of photovoltaics (PV) and wind generators for use on a Green homestead. I am an electronics tech by occupation, and I lived several years off the grid.

The class would focus on each student learning how to size (and price) alternative energy systems to be used for a home. The required reading would be an Internet search for suppliers of PV panels and associated electronics. By first knowing what is required, the student can then understand what a PV system can and cannot do. Once the student learns what alternative energy can/cannot do, the student will then realize that humanity must become more hippy-like to live Green and still have electricity.

The class could be listed under the survival section unless you would prefer that it be moved to a separate section that is more technical (i.e. technology).

I have some ideas for other classes too if all works well.

10. skip

Sounds like a great class, Daksi. I'm going to have to do a bit more work before the classes come back again. I suppose this is summer recess... ;)

11. Xora

Xora Member

I'd like to give a class on Web Design, everything going through Designing, Admining your Server, programming (HTML/XTHML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP & SQL, XML, and Ajax).
    Students would begin with examples and over time learn to create and admin there own project site.

As for my credits, I have my own Web Design company, Joken Design, and I have been teaching private lessons in programming languages for about 5 years.