Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Caelynn, Sep 15, 2007.

1. SummerEco

SummerEco Member

hi! i'm summer and i love photography. i got into it a while back then stopped for personal reasons but now i'm back into photography. i started to take a class on it too.and a few weeks back i went to flagstaff and took pictures of beautiful people. oh by the way i like to photogragh people when they don't know it and are going there natural things. i really dislike posed picutres it takes the fun of it for me. anyway, i'm a photographer!

2. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Greetings, SummerEco.

I think you'll like it here.

x

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Hello SummerEco... I'm a tad late welcoming you.

4. Rael

Rael The Ruiner

Hey all. My name is Matt and I've been around the forums for a while now, but somehow this specific one has alluded me. I don't have much talent for photography but I enjoy it, I figure I can get some pointers here, but go easy, I'm still a n00blar! I mainly like taking pictures of landscapes and nature.

5. ava

ava Member

this looks like a cool forum

i have started to sell my work
    certainly won't make me rich
    but i just keep plugging away

i love seeing what others are up too
    and can always do with advice

6. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Where are you selling your stuff, ava?

I'm Maria and I have enjoyed photography for years, but just recently got a decent camera.
    I love taking candid shots of people, and nature.

7. ava

ava Member

i do cards and open commissions when someone says i want a pic
    of a car, animal etc. they usually use it for advertising and educational

8. jimmi.sunflower

jimmi.sunflower Member

I am new here, but wanted to invite everyone to check out my work. I have been a fine art photographer since high school and am dedicated to documenting the "beauty of the natural woman."

All your thoughts on my work are appreciated.

Peace and Love to All,

Jimmi

My site:

9. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Beautiful pics, Jimmi!

10. ava

ava Member

good work, at first it can be a bit confronting which is funny because i an not a prude. i like the use of b/w because it give some oth the pics texture
    i would be really cool to see more archived photos that may go into subgroups
    that way you could sell more,the images wont be everyones cup of tea. i don't know if your are going to concentrate on this style and nothing else. all of these images would make a terrific exibition

i really, really loved your website, very succinct to be honest, it is the only one i have seen in a along time

11. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I must encourage you to use the gallery space here instead of promoting an outside site. Thank you.

12. jimmi.sunflower

jimmi.sunflower Member

sorry, i kind of thought it would be better for the hipforums if i didn't put images here that were so easy to look at somewhere else. if i have broken some secret protocol, i apologize.

13. jimmi.sunflower

jimmi.sunflower Member

stinkfoot,

i do apologize for putting my web address on my post (although i think i have seen it done in other places here). i do appreciate the fact that you couldn't ask me to delete the address and that you treated me like a child, and did it for me.

Good luck on your campaign for 'greatest fascist dictator!'

Don't bother to post here, or email me, I won't be back- way to make a new member feel welcome!!!

How uptight can a person be?

14. CPL Clegg

CPL Clegg Member

Hey everyone...I've been on the forums for a few months but never looked into the photography section. I've only taken an interest in photography within the past couple years and right now only have a Kodak point and shoot camera. I'm saving my money for a digital SLR, although I'm not sure what kind I'm going to get yet...probably a Canon Rebel or Nikon D-something. I'll decide once I have $700 saved.
    I've had the Kodak for almost a year now, and it has taken some great pictures for me, however I want a better quality camera - a real photography camera, where I can adjust the settings to take a great picture.
    I'll probably post some of my shots soon.

15. ava

ava Member

welcome CL, hip forums are very large that it is easy to miss a few of them

i am interested in your Kodak. there colour system(Kodaks) is terrific and a little noisy as the ISO gets higher i am hoping to get a Nikon D 60 ASAP(it sells for a great price,especially with the two lenses .) i had the money saved and just about to place an order. then all the money had to be paid to the vet.) saving money is painful

look forward to seeing some pics

16. nerthus

nerthus Member

hiya there, i've just discovered this forum too! it shouldn't be so hidden away, obviously. :)
    i'm still fairly new to photography, but i love looking at other people's photos and this is probably a good place to do it methinks. i have a canon 400d which is a lovely slr, but doesn't really get used enough, mainly because i'm scared of breaking it. i'm going to try and do more with it. i also love polaroids, i have a standard camera that uses 600 film and it's awesome ^^ just ordered a diana+ camera too, which i'm so excited about. yay for cheap film cameras!

might post some pics sometime.
    nice to meet you all! :daisy:

17. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Hi, I'm me ;)

I don't take as many photos as I'd like - got a nice Canon EOS 300D and everything - but I'm planning (trying) to find some time to take more photos.

Plus, various relatives keep borrowing my camera without asking, grrr. But it IS a nice one so I don't blame 'em!

18. Lhiya

Lhiya Member

Hi everyone

Im new too to hipforums and to photography bought a new digicam last tuesday and since then im going out taking shots. My Style is Landscapes and all kinds of Nature Photos i dont wnat to put them up here right now, too much work so if you want to see them just check out my DA website.

Bye Lhiya

19. purple__haze

purple__haze Member

hey everyone. im gen. I've been on hipforums a while, but my previous account kind of crashed. i dunno. my previous name was ride_the_rainbow, but I havent been on the photography forum before. I'm currently taking a GCSE in lens media. which is art based digital photography and videos.what i hate about it is we have to take photos at specific time so they have to be posed and the atmosphere is harder to capture. the coursework im working on now is a short film of video clips and stills based aroung the theme of dance , which im doing on adobe premiere. I'm making it a little bit pschedelic and it shows how dance fits into my life, in an unorganised, casual, high-on-gange way. i always apprietiate ideas.i wish i had enough money to buy a decent camera.

20. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I am jennifer from Iron Mountain michigan. I love taking photos.