math tutor

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by The GuitarMann, Aug 30, 2007.

1. The GuitarMann

The GuitarMann Member

anyone willing to help a math dummy with algebra 1??? or start a tutor page on hipforums. i'm sure the youth would think you soooo much.

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

how can you tell us what you need to understand ?
    i'll take a guess ....

in one kind of algebra : a = a . Ha ! unless a is wild .
    in real life that aaaaa! certainly can be - like the a
    at the end of an indian joke . math is just not totally
    real , but that's ok , it can close enough model physical
    reality so that it's useful .

3. Valdis

Valdis Member

4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

there is a wide-spread belief that math is logical perfection . i think some kids don't (believe it) - that it's not a game worth playing on such terms . this is a most logical reaction , and it may actualize by a student's ' having trouble with math ' . yet , the understanding has been most profound . mathematics is not exactly true . calculating the circumferance circle is an example . the pure mind can do it , math cannot .

a primary consideration of home-schooling is to protect and serve the pure , natural mind .

5. The GuitarMann

The GuitarMann Member

so, how do you do that???

6. s0ma

s0ma Member

I can help with math!! A tutor page would be pretty cool.

7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

how to preserve the natural mind ?

what happens if you don't ? you become a fearful moton slave of the new world order .

so be fearless . this is a very real war for the mind you are engaged in . do not fear that you don't know what to do . nor fear to be poor , because the new world order has all the money . when you feel your natural mind being constrained or diminished - look about for the real enemy . such a real enemy would have you believe algebra is an absolute truth and submitting to it is necessary for getting a good job . it's the good job that's not necessary - a healthy , adventurous and curious mind is . such a mind will succeed in life despite the insanity of civilizers . such a mind can embrace anarchy and understand the enemy is just a relatively unimportant part of that anarchy . a warrior of the natural mind can even have some fun playing with that damn ol' dog of an enemy - fearlessly , but carefully . it'll bite with fangs of confusion . but really it's on a chain in its neatly mowed and trimmed yard . you , the natural mind , is free .

i know one kid who protected his mind by playing so dumb in school as to get into special ed . it worked ok , but then eventually they programmed him to be subnormal . he's so smart really really ...