new users, a few tips!

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by drumminmama, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

First off, I extend a personal welcome to hip forums. I hope you find a laugh or two, like-minded people, get fired up for a cause, and make a few buddies here.
    I am often awed by the passion and power some of the younger members put out for their causes.

However, recent new members have been gettinging into a couple of habits that impede the flow, and we are trying to go with the flow, here.
    Necrothreads:
    these are threads that died a natural death. Many sorts of threads should be allowed eternal rest.

If you are new, and looking for a discussion on a topic, please do a search.

If your topic comes up from before 6 months before on a personal/help me sort of thing, please, please let sleeping dogs lie.
    If the discussion appears to have been lively, and you have something NEW (read carefully) and original (to the thread) to add, feel free to resurrect.

Posting a similar thread repeatedly.
    wastes bandwidth and fractures the organic course of a conversation.
    this mod will merge once and delete or close after that, esp on the same Original Poster. (and you might get a warning PM too)

Know where your comment will have the best audience:
    Hippies is an entryway, go forth and explore the building: seek the circles of interested/ interesting folks.
    Would you sit in the doorway of a restaurant for your meal?

Lastly, re-read your posts. Are your words really what you want to say? can you support your comment better? Did you reallyt add anything or is it a mee too comment that does not explain YOUR point of view? ("I think this guitarist is god" vs "I think this guitarist was groundbreaking in her style for the technology of the time and writes well, to boot")

Now get out there and get in on a discussion!!!

2. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

drummin...excellent "how to" thread for the new comers here at hips...may I suggest making this a sticky in the intro forum....and hopefully it will be read as people are posting their intros :) well said just the same

3. mesubodh34644

mesubodh34644 Member

thanks for the information.
    subodh
    from nepal

4. humboldt707

humboldt707 Member

very nice indeed. bravo

5. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I did this when I was a newb and kinda pissed some people off, so I wanted to suggest. I think one guy called it threadnapping, or something, like that. Basically, I asked a question in a reply to another thread, when it would have been more appropriate to start a new thread. It was a good question, no discussion about that, but it wasn't an answer to the original thread. That should be included in the no-no's.
    Cheers

6. Snowburst

Snowburst Member

Thanks for the info

7. lllwww

lllwww Member

can anyone here translate some dutch text for me plz

8. davey

davey Member

hi davey here new member here from scotland uk i'm looking for country's were can smoke
    legite

9. hiphip9

hiphip9 Member

Hi, I am a new member. I want to know what is most interesting topic in this site.

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Member

Hi Im a new member... I'm glad i found this place.... seems very interesting and a good way to kill time.....

11. Aleey*

Aleey* Member

Thanxx :)

x

12. dahlia

dahlia Member

Much appreciation.​
    :daisy: ​

13. cincy kush boi

cincy kush boi Member

cincy kush boi but i've never grown ...need more patience and alotta direction...

14. CarpeOminous

CarpeOminous Member

Hello to all.

15. Papavers

Papavers Member

Hey, Looks like there is alot of interesting threads here, I look forward to meeting alot of interesting people here. Happy Holidays to everyone!

BiSal likes this.
  16. Highway 420

Highway 420 Member

...i have no idea whats goin on....

17. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Again, you might want to read and try to understand the flow before posting.

As a for instance:
    After drumminmama said, “Did you really add anything or is it a me too comment that does not explain YOUR point of view? There were about 7 “me too” comments in this tread.

After Fawkes mentioned, “Threadnapping”, there were about 3 threadnapping questions in this tread.

There really aren’t too many rules, Just be kind and gentle and go with the flow.... and enjoy yourself!

dd788snipe likes this.
  18. Ivor-London

Ivor-London Member

Hey I'm new here too. Don't know what to expect. Never been on a site like this before. I'm gonna go exploring the site soon.

19. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

go post heavily on the random thoughts forums.

20. oregonglasstreasures

oregonglasstreasures Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.